Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEOPOD Rifle bipods

Options
  • 10-04-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Any using one of these or have any information on them.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

€369 !!!!!

For a bipod!!

I thought AI or Sako were out there in terms of prices but that is a close contender.

Answer me this. What does it offer that a €100 - €140 Harris doesn't?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Cass wrote: »
    €369 !!!!!

For a bipod!!

I thought AI or Sako were out there in terms of prices but that is a close contender.

Answer me this. What does it offer that a €100 - €140 Harris doesn't?

Plenty of bipods up that end of the price range now a days! Tier 1, Spartan a few of the yank gear too.

In terms of what it offers in comparison to a harris its a quarter of the weight and it doesn't rust has a nice spigot system to detach so can be swapped between rifles (thats how I tried to justify the cost lol)

Jurys out on durability so far.. I've loaded it up pretty heavy and no fear just yet. Carbon is stronger than peak and it is really just 3d printed plastic in the end of the day 😂😂

hedzball wrote: »
    (thats how I tried to justify the cost lol)

That's pretty thin, but i've used thinner. :D

I had a similar set up on an old rifle years ago. Wasn't as light but had the spigot system, and other features. It cost a lot, even back then, but because it was Sauer i just chalked it up to brand cost rather than what it was actually worth, if you get my meaning.

You say it holds up well to loading and sorry if this hijacks the thread a little, but i've seen a few bipods of various designs in the last few years that were all carbon fibre and they tended to flex. Never break, but flex under load. Do you find this happens?

I'm sure the technology has improved since i first seen them but am just curious.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

hawlk wrote: »
    Any using one of these or have any information on them.

Apologies if this doesn't work as I'm on the phone. I have it on my T1x at the moment while waiting on (another) pse stock for my T3.

'hdz

Nice set up. Any glare issues with the light where it is?

• Advertisement

That's pretty thin, but i've used thinner. :D

I just need to slip past the new E-Lite stock coming in soon :D

Ah yeah theres definitely flex but its a combination of the spigot and joint in the legs while extended.Carbon as a whole I believe shouldn't flex to any major degree. I'm currently using the sling stud adaptor that comes as standard and I wouldn't rate it very highly (least im honest) but I've shot well with it in terms of the 243 anyway.

I have the pic rail spigot going onto the new stock so I can report back whenI get it.

I solely use the 243 for fox and bigger so its all walk and carry stuff for me. I do like the ability to pull off the bipod in a literal second and have it out of the way while using sticks.

'Hdz

Nice set up. Any glare issues with the light where it is?

Cheers! I've only had her 2 weeks so yet to go about using the torch. The mount for those torches is kind of stepped so i could drop it under the mod so to speak.

I've only poked my head out the window and looked at poles at 80 yards but so far so good.

Still getting used to the 17 after having a .22 the past 18 years.

Those olights are the dogs btw
    https://olightworld.com/olight-m2r-warrior
    https://olightworld.com/wm25-offset-weapon-mount

'Hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bordglas

You would shoot well balancing on a tight rope !!!��

Bordglas wrote: »
    You would shoot well balancing on a tight rope !!!��

I miss plenty too in my own time 😂😂

Advertisement