Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithuanian tv channels on irish tv

Options
  • 10-04-2019 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone knows how install Lithuanian tv channels on irish tv . Do you need a seperate dish and box or just the one of them ??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

they broadcast on a different signal to here so need to get the dish pointing in the right direction. I think theres a website you can sign up to that streams tv but i think its a paid service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Ah ok so id have to get another dish so ? I have a dish allready for the saoirview. What is the name of the site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There appears to be only one Free to Air Lithuanian channel LTV World (LRT). It is on the satellite at 4.8 East, Europe beam, and it is very strong on my 1.1 m dish. A 80 cm dish would probably be OK.

There are a few pay TV channels, but even if you could get a subscription, the signals are on the Nordic beam and no reliable reception could be achieved without a very big dish. You can see the list on the Encryption drop down menu.

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=4.8E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear&cl=lit&aff=zap

There are a good few Free to Air Ukranian channels on that satellite if that is of any interest?

https://en.kingofsat.net/sat-astra4.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Would you not just be as well off with an iptv solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

I dont know what iptv is. Im just getting lithuanian tv channels because my fiance is lithuanian .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Jake5991 wrote: »
    I dont know what iptv is. Im just getting lithuanian tv channels because my fiance is lithuanian .

Without going into it too much, it's basically television through the Internet and it can be used to watch television from other regions. You'd need a relatively strong Internet connection.

Advertisement