Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Account - can it remain open after moving country?

Options
  • 10-04-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've had a BOI account for the last five years. I may be moving away from Ireland next year, although   I hope to return to Ireland at some point. Is it possible to keep my BOI account open while away?  I am not an Irish citizen, though I am resident here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

bobschcm2 wrote: »
    I've had a BOI account for the last five years. I may be moving away from Ireland next year, although I hope to return to Ireland at some point. Is it possible to keep my BOI account open while away? I am not an Irish citizen, though I am resident here.

Hi bobschm2,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

Yes you can still operate your account whilst abroad and access the account on Banking 365. However please be advised that quarterly fees will still remain in place and all accounts are subject to the €5 maintenance fee in addition to transaction fees on the account. For useful hints and tips on using your Visa Debit Card abroad please see here.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement