Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Device corrupt. It cannot be trusted and will not boot.

• 10-04-2019 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend purchased a Xiaomi A2 on ebay and when it was turned on the message above appeared. The phone won't go past that screen. She just messaged him and said it's not working but I'm a bit worried that the seller could have opened it, put something on it and resealed it. Could something have been put on there to monitor the phone? I thinking just get a refund and go with honorbuy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Insta-return obviously. Any crap from seller, open a dispute. Just sounds kinda dodgy but then again, sometimes these things fail straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have no experience with Xiaomi but all the androids I had I could just install TWRP and wipe the device and download the official ROM or a custom one like LineageOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Was it a brand new phone in a sealed box?
    Has the seller offered to replace it for free?

If it were me I'd also instantly demand a refund and free return. Hopefully paid by PayPal for added protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have no experience with Xiaomi but all the androids I had I could just install TWRP and wipe the device and download the official ROM or a custom one like LineageOS.

To be able to do this, the bootloader would need to be unlocked first. And be able to boot into fastboot on the device. This may not be possible for the OP given the "device corrupt" message.

@Jet Black - I'd be getting onto the seller and get either a refund hopefully though Paypal? Or a replacement sent out ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah it was brand new, had the plastic wrap on the outside. The seller has 2000+ positive feedback, no negative and on eBay 3 years. I was reluctant to buy off eBay don't really use it anymore, I've bought 5 Xiaomis this year off honorbuy with no issue but they didn't have the colour in stock so she got it off eBay. I mailed him last night, no reply yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement