Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification of refund but card has expired

Options
  • 11-04-2019 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I've been notified that im being refunded by zooplus for dog food purchased that has been recalled as toxic. The amount is over two hundred euros however the card that I used to buy online with has since expired. Its an AIB debit visa can they still issue a refund to that account even though I now have an updated card with new expiry date etc?
    Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If hte new card is with the same issuer (AIB?) then there is a good chance that the refund will be "forwarded" to your new card, but a quick phone call to AIB will clarify/confirm that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

New cards with the same issuer generally have the same card number, just new expiry /ccv dates. You only need the card number to issue a refund.

i'm guessing it'll be fine.

Advertisement