Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Old High Powered laptop

Options
  • 11-04-2019 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi All

Im looking for a high end Laptop that I can buy cheap for gaming.

I dont mind going back a few years.

Something around the 150 euro mark.

Where is the best place to find these second hand laptops and any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

adverts.ie often has stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

spurious wrote: »
    adverts.ie often has stuff like that.

Yeah I know Adverts but i dont know what im looking for

It lists Notebooks Laptops and so on but Im looking for someone with a tech background who can recommend something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What sort of gaming? For something like The Sims or whatever, an old i5 for €150-200 would do, but for actual proper games, you'd have to spend at least €300-350 to have any hope of getting something 2nd hand that would run newish stuff beyond lowest settings.

What sort of gaming? For something like The Sims or whatever, an old i5 for €150-200 would do, but for actual proper games, you'd have to spend at least €300-350 to have any hope of getting something 2nd hand that would run newish stuff beyond lowest settings.

Games Like City Skylines so yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Honestly, a laptop for even €200 2nd hand would struggle to run it at lowest settings.

• Advertisement

Honestly, a laptop for even €200 2nd hand would struggle to run it at lowest settings.

OK Thanks

would it be better to get a second hand PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Wait, your trying to buy a laptop, that can run games, and only budgeted €150? You would struggle big time to get a laptop that doesnt take 50 years to load a web page for that price. Gaming Laptop, min spend would easily be €600, and thats for the low of low end

Ive changed it.

Im going to do a PC build for around €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Ive changed it.

Im going to do a PC build for around €1500.

We go from a €150 laptop to a €1500 PC, ok then :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Master Race , PS. I own, PS4, Xbox One and Switch and I will still say that

• Advertisement

gibgodsman wrote: »
    We go from a €150 laptop to a €1500 PC, ok then :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Master Race , PS. I own, PS4, Xbox One and Switch and I will still say that

I don’t know what you mean by your post.

I don’t have a gaming pc. I was going to start with a cheap laptop. But instead I will build a quality pc that I can keep upgrading.

I have a 2018 15” MacBook Pro but I don’t plan to start gaming on it.

Advertisement