Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Surely the fact that he doesn't seem to know what the word "racist" means, thinking its synonymous with patriotism or nationalism, speaks volumes? How could anyone with that little cop-on be trusted to represent us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Go on the Greens! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

is_that_so wrote: »
    +/-3%

4% :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    4% :pac::pac:

Alright now, calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

The Saoirse one who slaughtered him on television the other night is polling at 12%, delighted for her.

She was getting thousands of likes on twitter the other day compared to Caseys FOUR likes so that's him firmly put in his box no matter what happens. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Que the pavee point celebrations if it is 7%
    Why dont you invite the local travellers around to your house to celebrate? Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

What's the chances of Walsh staying ahead of Ming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well all things considered 7% is great considering where he started from etc. etc. Same excuses as his failed president bid. It'll still be a sucess for some of his diehards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mgn wrote:
    I think Ming will get a lot of Casey's transfers and I can see McHugh get a lot of the FF transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

The greens that supported ff in de 200 billion bank bailout. Oh great 3 seatsi n eu a pefect fit corrupt clowns with nazi like fanatics. Happy days..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

mgn wrote: »

She should get most of McGuinness’s transfers. Ming might struggle. I’m surprised. But no surprises at McGuinness doing well.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well all things considered 7% is great considering where he started from etc. etc. Same excuses as his failed president bid. It'll still be a sucess for some of his diehards :pac:

He is ahead of 4 seasoned politicians must say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I wonder if this might be the end of Peter Casey's electoral ambitions, or will he go for the hat-trick at the next general election?

The fact that a previously unknown candidate, whose main claim to fame is that she tore him a new one during a TV debate, has done so well just goes to show how popular his brand of racism is with the electorate. Absolutely delighted with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I wonder if this might be the end of Peter Casey's electoral ambitions, or will he go for the hat-trick at the next general election?

The fact that a previously unknown candidate, whose main claim to fame is that she tore him a new one during a TV debate, has done so well just goes to show how popular his brand of racism is with the electorate. Absolutely delighted with that.

He rode the wave of populism at the prezzy elections. Why shouldn’t she, right back at him? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The greens that supported ff in de 200 billion bank bailout. Oh great 3 seatsi n eu a pefect fit corrupt clowns with nazi like fanatics. Happy days..

We are told people want change from FG.

So here’s your change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Peter got 54% in the Boards poll back in November. That is the only one that really matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Doubtful, I can see him throwing his hat in the ring for the GE. If he decides to become serious/ drop the incoherent babbling , pick a position stick with it and gets some PR help he will be in with a shot. He reasonates with people, 7 per cent if that is his final result is impressive considering he is not a politician.

Peter got 54% in the Boards poll back in November. That is the only one that really matters.

I'm presuming this is sarcasm? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah so is this the line to excuse him now?

Hilarious isn't it? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

mgn wrote:

mgn wrote:

He got 23% of the national vote in the presidential, so a potential 7% in a provincial is not a great result.

So here’s your change.

Yes ''change'' that's all that will be left in your pocket when the Greens get in with all the carbon taxes.

7% would probably put him in with a shout in Donegal but I doubt he could cope with the intensity of a GE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

is_that_so wrote: »
    Casey is on 7% according to exit poll. That's him gone if it pans out that way.

Exit polls mean zilch. I don't think too many are going to admit they voted for Casey in an exit poll. Somehow, I think he will be much higher.

Do you think hundreds of thousands of bank despositors should have lost all their savings? And tens of thousands of people who could not repay their mortgages forced out of their homes? If the banks were allowed to fail that is what would have happened.

So here’s your change.

I hate ff with a passion. I hate fg with a passion.
    I despise the greens at least ff fg are corrupt gombeens and you know what they stand 4. Brown envelopes
    De greens are a Nazi cult that blame humans *most white males and if let de population wyd be about 100 million on de planet

If a younger smarter person takes up his mantle he will get elected and probably top a poll.

I don't think too many are going to admit they voted for Casey in an exit poll. Somehow, I think he will be much higher.
    This sounds an awful lot like wishful thinking. I doubt it will be an awful lot higher, indeed it may even be lower with the MOE. 7% sounds about right considering the polls coming up to this.

Do you think hundreds of thousands of bank despositors should have lost all their savings? And tens of thousands of people who could not repay their mortgages forced out of their homes? If the banks were allowed to fail that is what would have happened.

Oh wow great. Good job we are not 200 billion in debt... oh wait..

So sorry just checked 222 billion

• Advertisement

He came across as a bit of a spoofer anytime I listened to him tbh.

Same goes for a lot of them tbf, but it appears he was maybe just a bit of a fad during a boring presidential election.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

eagle eye wrote: »
    If a younger smarter person takes up his mantle he will get elected and probably top a poll.
    Ha ha ha, you wish lol

What excuse,He is not a politician i think 7% it's a good result.Ming a sitting MEP only on 10%.He has nothing to be embarrassed about unlike some of the other candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Greens are the only party putting the most important issue front and centre and it's great to see people realising it.

Housing, healthcare, taxes, debt, employment, immigration, culture, justice, religion. All absolutely pointless and meaningless if our ecosystem collapses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

seamus wrote: »
    Greens are the only party putting the most important issue front and centre and it's great to see people realising it.

Housing, healthcare, taxes, debt, employment, immigration, culture, justice, religion. All absolutely pointless and meaningless if our ecosystem collapses.

The dinosaurs should have voted greens.

They might be still here today.

What excuse,He is not a politician i think 7% it's a good result.Ming a sitting MEP only on 10%.He has nothing to be embarrassed about unlike some of the other candidates.

Trump is not a politician (so he says) but he is President of America.

• Advertisement

Oh wow great. Good job we are not 200 billion in debt... oh wait..

So sorry just checked 222 billion

Where did you check?

The wouldn't because the would be taxed to death.

The dinosaurs' modern-day equivalent voted for Peter Casey.

Trump is not a politician (so he says) but he is President of America.

And doing what he said he would do unlike politicians

And doing what he said he would do unlike politicians

And as politicians are often accused of, doing favours for his family and friends. So much for drain the swamp.

• Advertisement

Casey was found out.

is_that_so wrote:
    This sounds an awful lot like wishful thinking. I doubt it will be an awful lot higher, indeed it may even be lower with the MOE. 7% sounds about right considering the polls coming up to this.
    Well I voted for Casey and it was my full time intention and state I voted for McGuiness if they was polled.
    Not due to embarrassment or anything like that, just to mess up then polling which I don't like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Good grief you people are easily brainwashed.

seamus wrote: »

the people have a short memory, the greens in cahoots with FF bankrupted Ireland for a generation last time they were in power.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I voted for Casey and it was my full time intention and state I voted for McGuiness if they was polled.
    Not due to embarrassment or anything like that, just to mess up then polling which I don't like.

Today, RED C spoke to 3230 voters in polling stations nationwide.

If they all told lies like you would have, then the results could easily still be close to the real thing.

Nobelium wrote: »
    Good grief you people are easily brainwashed.

'Sheeple', surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Today, RED C spoke to 3230 voters in polling stations nationwide.

If they all told lies like you would have, then the results could easily still be close to the real thing.

I saw that number as well. I can't believe that they are actually reporting "Exit polls" based on such small numbers. I reckon if I had put a full tank in the Granada this morning and put in a long day I could have got the opinions of more than that.

Surely the fact that he doesn't seem to know what the word "racist" means, thinking its synonymous with patriotism or nationalism, speaks volumes? How could anyone with that little cop-on be trusted to represent us?

given how is opponents use the term they don't know the meaning of it either, in fact it has become a meaningless ad homiem attempt at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Or anyone, for that matter as I figure the vote registers loudest is the one that does not register at all.

That sounds poetic and all but it's not accurate in the slightest. All that happens when you don't vote is that you let others decide these matters. If the turnout is low and the majority of people don't vote - guess what? People still get elected and referendum's still get passed.

If you want to get some kind of contrarian satisfaction from not voting then good for you but don't fool yourself into thinking that anyone else notices or gives a shíte

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement