Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

I saw John Hayes election posters on poles a mile into South Kilkenny. Are there no boundaries to this mans ambitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

jelutong wrote: »
    I saw John Hayes election posters on poles a mile into South Kilkenny. Are there no boundaries to this mans ambitions?

The situation over in Ferrybank is downright ridiculous. There's a population in Ferrybank - of 1500 - who are part of Waterford...and they have no representation at all. They're having to endure Tramore politicians like Blaise Hannigan, Lola O Sullivan, Joe Conway, etc knocking on their doors making ludicrous promises that they'll never follow through on. No politician in that area (Tramore/City West) gives a damn about Ferrybank.

John works hard for Ferrybank but pretty much had to stand in Kilkenny, although it might have been worth doing what that lunatic Melissa O Neill is doing, and running in both counties. She's no longer border line mental...

Gardner wrote: »
    Waterford City East (6 Seats)

Michael Doyle SF
    Fiona Dowd FG
    Councillor Eddie Mulligan FF
    Councillor Matt Shanahan IND
    Michael Garland IND
    Councillor Adam Wyse FF
    Lee Walsh IND
    Councillor Pat Fitzgerald SF
    Councillor Davy Daniels IND
    Councillor Sharon Carey FG
    Jody Power Greens

Davy Daniels is a safe seat. Likewise is one FF seat, I think Adam Wyse will take it. FG should do enough for 1 seat but it’s a complete unknown who will take it between the candidates. Even though Pat Fitzgerald polled well in the last LE but again the Repeal photo and a running mate could go against him. I think Michael Doyle could well take his seat. He was the only candidate in the field who campaigned for a yes vote in repealing the 8th and will appeal to the young vote.
    I think Eddie Mulligan and Matt Shanahan are in big trouble. Eddie was elected as an independent but soon jumped ship to FF and from talking to people on the ground (I still keep my vote in this area) his name is toxic. Matt Shanahan voted No to Repeal the 8th but is yet a health equality campaigner and 24/7 is not a local election issue. I think Michael Garland, Pat Fitz, Eddie Mulligan and Matt Shanahan will battle it out for the last 2 seats

I have to assume that as someone has called you out as a Halligan supporter...and going by almost all yout previous posts, that has been confirmed. I'd accuse you of actually being John Halligan but that would assume that he can use a computer and I'm not sure that's the case.

Your post up there is hilariously transparent.

"Likewise is one FF seat, I think Adam Wyse will take it."

Adam Wyse is possibly the laziest politician we have ever had. And I heard him say that in his own words. He never answers the phone and a leaflet dropped through my door the other day with him and Eddie Mulligan on it. It was made to look like Eddie was the supporting candidate, which to me says that Fianna Fail are worried about Adam, and not so worried about Eddie.

You obviously see Mr Mulligan as a threat too, because if you think he won't get a seat, when he's clearly the only politician out there doing anything, then you're either thick, or you have an agenda, and I think we have already established which one it is.

I hope Michael Doyle doesn't get a seat. I looked at his video on the WLR elections page and he looked like a provo. He's a little know it all who only seems to know how to play a dirty tricks campaign. Still, there are a lot of people out there who will blindly back Sinn Fein because of all the nonsense promises they make.

Davy Daniels gets a vote and then doesn't really do a whole lot, but sure you can't really blame him...he's around there since 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

DLS_75 wrote: »
    I have to assume that as someone has called you out as a Halligan supporter...and going by almost all yout previous posts, that has been confirmed. I'd accuse you of actually being John Halligan but that would assume that he can use a computer and I'm not sure that's the case.

Adam Wyse is possibly the laziest politician we have ever had. And I heard him say that in his own words. He never answers the phone and a leaflet dropped through my door the other day with him and Eddie Mulligan on it. It was made to look like Eddie was the supporting candidate, which to me says that Fianna Fail are worried about Adam, and not so worried about Eddie.

You obviously see Mr Mulligan as a threat too, because if you think he won't get a seat, when he's clearly the only politician out there doing anything, then you're either thick, or you have an agenda, and I think we have already established which one it is.

I hope Michael Doyle doesn't get a seat. I looked at his video on the WLR elections page and he looked like a provo. He's a little know it all who only seems to know how to play a dirty tricks campaign. Still, there are a lot of people out there who will blindly back Sinn Fein because of all the nonsense promises they make.

Davy Daniels gets a vote and then doesn't really do a whole lot, but sure you can't really blame him...he's around there since 1974.

Hello Eddie is it me your looking for......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Mulligan was afraid to run for Fianna fail last election. Pretends to be independent gets elected and then jumps into party. Wouldn't trust him after that.
    Michael Doyle can't really change the way he looks. I think your eyes see a Provo. I don't know the chap so don't know what dirty tricks your talking about any examples?
    Wyse is still running on his father's name and Carey will probably get in because of her father. That **** annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

debok wrote: »
    Mulligan was afraid to run for Fianna fail last election. Pretends to be independent gets elected and then jumps into party. Wouldn't trust him after that.
    Michael Doyle can't really change the way he looks. I think your eyes see a Provo. I don't know the chap so don't know what dirty tricks your talking about any examples?
    Wyse is still running on his father's name and Carey will probably get in because of her father. That **** annoys me.

I have spoken and dealt with adam Wyse before and he's more than competent in his own right.I'll probably Give mulligan vote too as I can see he is active and have had good dealings with him too. I think so what, he was independent and changed, don't really care in the circumstances, is he a decent councillor and could he potentialy make the jump to decent TD, every possibility I'd say. I know d.daniels been there since forever, I'd be nearly thinking time to quit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

The situation over in Ferrybank is downright ridiculous. There's a population in Ferrybank - of 1500 - who are part of Waterford...and they have no representation at all. They're having to endure Tramore politicians like Blaise Hannigan, Lola O Sullivan, Joe Conway, etc knocking on their doors making ludicrous promises that they'll never follow through on. No politician in that area (Tramore/City West) gives a damn about Ferrybank.

John works hard for Ferrybank but pretty much had to stand in Kilkenny, although it might have been worth doing what that lunatic Melissa O Neill is doing, and running in both counties. She's no longer border line mental...

So John Hayes is running in the Piltown electoral area?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

How many constituencies and council seats are there in the whole of Waterford?

Hello Eddie is it me your looking for......

Don't be silly. I have no problem in giving you my real identity. Absolutely nothing to hide. Do you?

I just made the mistake of going through a lot of your old posts and you seem to have a pop at anyone who either criticises halligan or is in opposition to him. Pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 little secret 1987

I can't see Sharon carey getting in??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

I can't see Sharon carey getting in??

Can't see that either.
    Might get the de la salle vote though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 little secret 1987

Wouldn't think so. Pissed too many people off over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭invara

Just listened to WLR's excellent interview with Maurice Cummins- check it out if you can.

You get a deep sense of the tough decisions individuals in politics feel between party and community, from someone who has spent a life in Waterford politics he sounded deflated and angry at what has happened here. He got a lot of his chest, and maybe this clears the air from some of the strange politics we have seen in FG Waterford. It is not progress, but the honesty of it comes across.

Don't be silly. I have no problem in giving you my real identity. Absolutely nothing to hide. Do you?

I just made the mistake of going through a lot of your old posts and you seem to have a pop at anyone who either criticises halligan or is in opposition to him. Pathetic really.

Unmask yourself so Sir Edward Mulligan's love child

Btw can you define what a Provo looks like?

What sort of dirty tricks is he playing. I'm sure his constituents would like to know!

My comments were based upon friends canvassing for an independent candidate and what is coming up on the door. If Eddie Mulligan has aspirations of been a TD then he should top the poll. I don't think he will be within an asses roar of it from what I'm hearing not just from the person mentioned above but from friends speaking to neighbours and friends.

I'm looking forward to your answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

What sort of dirty tricks is he playing. I'm sure his constituents would like to know!

My comments were based upon friends canvassing for an independent candidate and what is coming up on the door. If Eddie Mulligan has aspirations of been a TD then he should top the poll. I don't think he will be within an asses roar of it from what I'm hearing not just from the person mentioned above but from friends speaking to neighbours and friends.

Eddie Mulligan is a turncoat and only in it for Eddie mulligan like all politicans

invara wrote: »
    Just listened to WLR's excellent interview with Maurice Cummins- check it out if you can.

You get a deep sense of the tough decisions individuals in politics feel between party and community, from someone who has spent a life in Waterford politics he sounded deflated and angry at what has happened here. He got a lot of his chest, and maybe this clears the air from some of the strange politics we have seen in FG Waterford. It is not progress, but the honesty of it comes across.

Could this be a play to get his son on the election ticket for fine Gael instead of deasy.
    I think his son is a fine councillor by the way but could never vote for him over the way fine gael have treated Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Reading Adam Wyse's election profile on WLRFM, states that he works as a "sales executive for a local radio station" hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Reading Adam Wyse's election profile on WLRFM, states that he works as a "sales executive for a local radio station" hmmm

Yes he works for wlr?????

I've been watching Michael Doyle on Social Media and his style of politics is very negative. He had a pop at Matt Shanahan and in doing so, said "One issue candidates have a poor track record - just look at Halligan and Mulligan"

Now, how you can call John Halligan a one issue politician is beyond me, the same can be said about Mulligan. His politics seem to be attack others, as opposed to work hard yourself. Maybe that's the type of thing that appeals to Sinn Fein voters.

That seems to be the only question you asked.

I have to say, I think its funny that you accuse me of being Eddie Mulligan, or someone related to him, when just about every post you have on hear is either attacking one of Halligan's rivals or telling us how great he is. Are you his PA??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I've been watching Michael Doyle on Social Media and his style of politics is very negative. He had a pop at Matt Shanahan and in doing so, said "One issue candidates have a poor track record - just look at Halligan and Mulligan"

Now, how you can call John Halligan a one issue politician is beyond me, the same can be said about Mulligan. His politics seem to be attack others, as opposed to work hard yourself. Maybe that's the type of thing that appeals to Sinn Fein voters.

I have to say, I think its funny that you accuse me of being Eddie Mulligan, or someone related to him, when just about every post you have on hear is either attacking one of Halligan's rivals or telling us how great he is. Are you his PA??

But unfair to call Mulligan and Halligan one issue candidates. Very disingenuous.

you still haven't defined what a provo looks like.
    so calling 2 politicians "One issue candidates" is dirty tricks?
    no, im certainly not JH's PA. but then again i hope for Eddie's sake not you're not his PA :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I think Sinn Fein are pretty clever to be fair. I mean standing for the party implicitly endorses paramilitary activity, past and it seems present.

That makes them fairly toxic to the average person. However they have in recent years realised that running a higher than average number of younger women softens their image a little (and can be double dipped for diversity and equality) and perhaps more crucially, that the disaffected and underprivileged (a background that i grew up in)... also has a vote and tends to be receptive to angry shouty fight the power types, especially since the previous darlings of that group e.g. labour, workers party have gone or are going the way of the dodo. Therefore they pull candidates and draw votes from this group.

Its clever in its simplicity really so hats off to their strategists. Although at the top its not really working out and the Mary Lou thing is a bit of a non event.

I've been watching Michael
    Doyle on Social Media and his style of politics is very negative. He had a pop at Matt Shanahan and in doing so, said "One issue candidates have a poor track record - just look at Halligan and Mulligan"

Michael Doyle lives in Grange Manor. Outside his house is a massive poster of him.
    The road outside his house is in bits with potholes. Would make ****e of your car if you lived on that street.
    Is this not the sort a thing a local wannabe councillor should be able to sort even if it's a private estate.
    The road is so bad Eddie Mulligan put up a post on Facebook about locals bringing it to his attention while canvassing in Grange Manor.
    Not a good reflection on Michael Doyle as a candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I saw a poster from a female Sinn Fein candidate yesterday emblazoned with the tagline 'fighting for you' - which I thought was a bit unfortunate and poorly chosen.

you still haven't defined what a provo looks like.
    so calling 2 politicians "One issue candidates" is dirty tricks?
    no, im certainly not JH's PA. but then again i hope for Eddie's sake not you're not his PA :o

Oh here, I’m done dealing with you. If I starting saying great things about John Cummins would you accuse me of being his mother?!

Oh here, I’m done dealing with you. If I starting saying great things about John Cummins would you accuse me of being his mother?!

thank you for your contribution of not answering any questions only sprouting complete muck :o

Michael Doyle lives in Grange Manor. Outside his house is a massive poster of him.
    The road outside his house is in bits with potholes. Would make ****e of your car if you lived on that street.
    Is this not the sort a thing a local wannabe councillor should be able to sort even if it's a private estate.
    The road is so bad Eddie Mulligan put up a post on Facebook about locals bringing it to his attention while canvassing in Grange Manor.
    Not a good reflection on Michael Doyle as a candidate.

looks bad all right on Doyle but it looks worse for Eddie Mulligan. Chap has been Cllr for the last 5 years and done nothing about it. shows how many times he has been on the ground in Grange Manor over those 5 years :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

There was a constituency analysis of the south region RTE this morning ahead of the European elections: https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0429/1046346-european-elections-2019-south-constituency-profile/

They seem to think that Grace O'Sullivan might be in with a shout, potentially with Mick Wallace, for the 5th and final seat.

Those with knowledge of sport will know that Seán Kelly's (former GAA president) family has links with the area also. His late brother Brother Patrick Kelly was hugely involved with De La Salle school and club before his untimely death a few years back.

Apart from that it looks as though Cork candidates will hoover up the other three seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

thank you for your contribution of not answering any questions only sprouting complete muck :o
    You have been spouting a fair load of muck yourself lately, see mortuary comments for one recent example

Advertisement