Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsizing

Options
  • 11-04-2019 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Have a house sale agreed €207k, owe €102k on mortgage. Buying smaller hse €130k. Need approx €25k + fees etc €10k. What’s best to do? Mortgage for €35k/credit union/beg family? Thought personal loan would be best bet but refused as my current outgoing €500 mortgage (27 yrs left) car loan €250 taken into consideration even though they’ll be gone :( Thought this would be easier! Have approx €15k due from inheritance nxt mth or 2 so was gonna our that towards the loan. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

hmgar wrote: »
    Have a house sale agreed €207k, owe €102k on mortgage. Buying smaller hse €130k. Need approx €25k + fees etc €10k. What’s best to do? Mortgage for €35k/credit union/beg family? Thought personal loan would be best bet but refused as my current outgoing €500 mortgage (27 yrs left) car loan €250 taken into consideration even though they’ll be gone :( Thought this would be easier! Have approx €15k due from inheritance nxt mth or 2 so was gonna our that towards the loan. Any advice appreciated

I'd suggest the personal finance forums instead of Consumer Issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

I'd consider selling the car, get some cheap one for a few months instead. €250 montly repayments reduce your affordability a big time. With 15k inheritance you only need to borrow 20k, right? Find out how big a personal loan you can get and beg the family for the difference.

Advertisement