Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mark of the beast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    - The Book of Usual Suspects

You really are a bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

pearcider wrote: »
    Well your scoffing about the Torah is all very well. Doesn’t mean that the new world order isn’t literally built already with facial recognition and cctv, banking surveillance and contactless payments now ubiquitous. Doesn’t mean that Israel is now a powerful state again after 1800 years in the wilderness and that the third temple could be rebuilt at any moment. Doesn’t mean that the western world no longer prays or go to mass on Sunday which would’ve been unheard of even 50 years ago. The reality is the great deceiver Satan requires barely a few more chess moves for his anti Christian system to be in place. Which was the point of the thread.

But to echo my comment above isn't this just a vague and subjective narrative sewn into current affairs? Little different from those I've come across 10 years ago, and 20 years ago, just with other current affairs and technologies inserted..

For a period here on boards and elsewhere, Obama was the anti-christ, what does that say to you..

And coming back to this, what is this "satanic new world order" exactly?

And why do I get the feeling I'll get a vague and subjective answer to that question..

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’
    Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’
    Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’

Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Okay, could you address the question?

But to echo my comment above isn't this just a vague and subjective narrative sewn into current affairs? Little different from those I've come across 10 years ago, and 20 years ago, just with other current affairs and technologies inserted..

For a period here on boards and elsewhere, Obama was the anti-christ, what does that say to you..

No it isn’t because the satanic world order could not exist at any time in history since Christ except now. Now we have the technology to make his domination real.

• Advertisement

Okay, could you address the question?

Satan rules the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

pearcider wrote:
    You’re a small minded and tiresome poster with little in the way of intelligence that I can see.

That's not very Christian of you, love thy neighbour and all that shìte right?

Rein the aggro down a couple of notches

Satan rules the world.

Right, when did he start ruling the world, was there a start date? and what happened on that day?

No it isn’t because the satanic world order could not exist at any time in history since Christ except now. Now we have the technology to make his domination real.

Erm, so previous generations have had lynchings, a slave trade that colonialism was built off of. Then back a bit further, witch trials, crusades, Spanish inquisitions and the ability to buy your way into heaven with indulgences. But it's now that Satan has taken over? You really think that the current generation is where the moral deficit is because people don't go to mass?

Tell me, what are these moral failures that makes us so much worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You may be the rare exception. Perhaps your defence of all things Islamic could be a factor at play here? i.e. your're not a genuine athiest, or still have one foot somewhere else.

Cut this out.

• Advertisement

Right, when did he start ruling the world, was there a start date? and what happened on that day?

You are tiresome and I won’t debate a poster like you who seeks to catch people out with cheap sarcasm and childish jibes. I doubt you have one honest bone in your body. You are at best a cynical skeptic, bitter and closed minded to the beauty and wonder of the world. At worst you are his servant whether you know it or not.

Regarding the problem of evil. You only have to look at the world and who rules it to see the truth of the matter.

Erm, so previous generations have had lynchings, a slave trade that colonialism was built off of. Then back a bit further, witch trials, crusades, Spanish inquisitions and the ability to buy your way into heaven with indulgences. But it's now that Satan has taken over? You really think that the current generation is where the moral deficit is because people don't go to mass?

Tell me, what are these moral failures that makes us so much worse?

Christianity abolished most of those ills by gradual reform of the human spirit. Christianity transformed the horrific Roman Empire into the incredibly forward looking and modern Byzantine empire which had no slavery or lynching but was ruled by law codified under Justin the Great and which we still use. Unfortunately it was destroyed by the money men of Venice and the Moslems of Turkey. Woe to the day when Constantinople fell, the jewel of Christendom.

You are tiresome and I won’t debate a poster like you who seeks to catch people out with cheap sarcasm and childish jibes. I doubt you have one honest bone in your body. You are at best a cynical skeptic, bitter and closed minded to the beauty and wonder of the world. At worst you are his servant whether you know it or not.

Regarding the problem of evil. You only have to look at the world and who rules it to see the truth of the matter.

I'm asking straightforward questions.

If you are stating something as fact on a public forum, then you should at least be able to support it in some way

If you can't, then at least be honest and preface it as a personal opinion, which it seems to be

Christianity abolished most of those ills by gradual reform of the human spirit. Christianity transformed the horrific Roman Empire into the incredibly forward looking and modern Byzantine empire which had no slavery or lynching but was ruled by law codified under Justin the Great and which we still use. Unfortunately it was destroyed by the money men of Venice and the Moslems of Turkey. Woe to the day when Constantinople fell the jewel of Christendom.

And you haven't answered my question. Slavery and lynching are in far more recent memory btw. But why is it that you view the current generation to be at such a moral deficit?

You are not an honest debater. You’re a one liner merchant.

Right and your one-liner was "Satan rules the world", which you apparently avoid taking questions on

It's not exactly a strong case you have there..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I won’t debate a poster like you who seeks to catch people out with cheap sarcasm and childish jibes.

Can't we all have a discussion instead of a debate?
    :(

And you haven't answered my question. Slavery and lynching are in far more recent memory btw. But why is it that you view the current generation to be at such a moral deficit?

I didn’t say that. I just said the architecture of the beast system is now possible which it wasn’t in the 1800 years up until now. You can make your own judgements on how moral or otherwise people are today. My view is that people are the same as they’ve always been. But now the dark powers manipulate people and that rule the Earth are many times more powerful than they were in the past.

Right and your one-liner was "Satan rules the world", which you apparently avoid taking questions on

It's not exactly a strong case you have there..

Well I actually quoted the Bible first and you were confused with that. The passage makes clear who rules the world.

I didn’t say that. I just said the architecture of the beast system is now possible which it wasn’t in the 1800 years up until now. You can make your own judgements on how moral or otherwise people are today. My view is that people are the same as they’ve always been. But now the dark powers manipulate people and that rule the Earth are many times more powerful than they were in the past.

And I would say pretty much every generation since the industrial revolution could make such a vague claim. The invention of electricity, air travel, evolutions in telecommunications. Introduction of satellites and in more recent times, the claim has been made about barcodes.

Well I actually quoted the Bible first and you were confused with that. The passage makes clear who rules the world.

You quoted some very vague stuff from an old book. The vagueness is always deliberate. To demonstrate:

e.g. "Satan" has ruled the world since when exactly? in what way?

Fiction is always light on details and in this case, highly subjective. Whatever you are coming up with is basically your personal interpretation of something. Can't read your mind, hence the questions.

• Advertisement

And I would say pretty much every generation since the industrial revolution could make such a vague claim. The invention of electricity, air travel, evolutions in telecommunications. Introduction of satellites and in more recent times, the claim has been made about barcodes.

There is a very specific claim at stake here. That is the mark of the beast that nobody on the Earth may buy and sell without this mark. There is absolutely no way this could be possible up until quite recently as we had no SWIFT and no smart phones and no satellites. Cut it any way you wish but this is a deeply disturbing fact to a believer such as myself.

You quoted some very vague stuff from an old book. The vagueness is always deliberate. To demonstrate:

e.g. "Satan" has ruled the world since when exactly? in what way?

Fiction is always light on details and in this case, highly subjective. Whatever you are coming up with is basically your personal interpretation of something. Can't read your mind, hence the questions.

The fact that you denigrate the Bible as just another “old book” says it all to me. I won’t be replying to you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There is a very specific claim at stake here. That is the mark of the beast that nobody on the Earth may buy and sell without this mark. There is absolutely no way this could be possible up until quite recently as we had no SWIFT and no smart phones and no satellites. Cut it any way you wish but this is a deeply disturbing fact to a believer such as myself.
    But with barcodes tattoo ed onto the hand and forehead, a shopkeeper could scan them before buying or selling things.
    This would actually fit the description in the Bible.

What's being suggested with current technology does not match the description in the Bible as either it's not something in the hand or the forehead or its not a mark.

So it's a bit weird to claim you believe the Bible while also saying the Bibles description is wrong.

The idea of barcodes being the mark of the beast is more accurate than what's being claimed now.

And barcodes were previously treated as the mark. Other things that could be the mark, credit cards and cheques. Or even to go further back, currencies in general. You can't buy and sell without money so what's to say that isn't the mark? You can make it suit whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Bible says this world is controlled by the evil one and warns us not to be deceived. This is a book written over 1,500 years, about 2,000 years ago and is proving to be true when you look at today's world and the evil controlling it who are working behind the scenes. It also says we are sinners which separates us from God. This was the reason why we needed a saviour as Jesus took the punishment for our sins.

Hey at least people aren't pretending that this whole thing isn't a fringe religious conspiracy theory any more.

Doesn't it feel good to be direct and honest about it?

King Mob wrote: »
    But with barcodes tattoo ed onto the hand and forehead, a shopkeeper could scan them before buying or selling things.
    This would actually fit the description in the Bible.

What's being suggested with current technology does not match the description in the Bible as either it's not something in the hand or the forehead or its not a mark.

So it's a bit weird to claim you believe the Bible while also saying the Bibles description is wrong.

The idea of barcodes being the mark of the beast is more accurate than what's being claimed now.

Barcodes would be easy to get around if we still had cash and currency and this would not be a good system. Now however we face a never ending war on cash and all financial transactions are recorded on central databases in real time. Furthermore all governments and their intelligence services have built up the system from the ground up. See Ed Snowden etc. The system also needs real time surveillance with cctv and facial recognition. All only possible in the last few years and unthinkable in 100AD.

Bible says this world is controlled by the evil one and warns us not to be deceived. This is a book written over 1,500 years, about 2,000 years ago and is proving to be true when you look at today's world and the evil controlling it who are working behind the scenes. It also says we are sinners which separates us from God. This was the reason why we needed a saviour as Jesus took the punishment for our sins.

Or perhaps it's all made up like hundreds of other beliefs and religions because human beings haven't had the means to explain stuff for much of our existence

Perhaps it's supposed to be taken metaphorically as a blueprint for living (in a time when there weren't governments), instead of being taken literally..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Just today’s world? What about the tribes slaughtered by gods chosen people, the crusades, thirty years war etc
    Not exactly fun times.

• Advertisement

Barcodes would be easy to get around if we still had cash and currency and this would not be a good system. .
    Same is true for quantum dot tattoos or whatever it is you believe.

Satan or whoever could have also banned cash to force people to use the mark system with bar codes.

The system also needs real time surveillance with cctv and facial recognition.
    Which part of the Bible states this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement