Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McDonald's New Order and Collect System is Rubbish!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

El Tarangu wrote: »
    In some McDonald's in France, they will actually deliver the food to your table as well (provided you are sitting in a designated seating area on the ground floor);

Deliver your food to the table in Copenhagen also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Berserker wrote: »
    Deliver your food to the table in Copenhagen also.

Deliver it here too - you just take a number table sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I think its great. I hate ordering with the kids in front of a person but its grand with a machine. It does skip the queues and its far far easier to see everything and the prices. Also, I travel quiet a bit so having a machine that I can choose to order in English without interacting with anyone is just sublime for a socially awkward gob5hite like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There was a story dong the rounds a few months after these were introduced after tests detected traces of faeces on a significant proportion of the touch screens.

So if you do decide to use these screens I would suggest washing your hands before and after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

BPKS wrote: »
    There was a story dong the rounds a few months after these were introduced after tests detected traces of faeces on a significant proportion of the touch screens.

So if you do decide to use these screens I would suggest washing your hands before and after

Must be where I'm going wrong, I was rubbing my bare arse off the screen trying to order stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

BPKS wrote: »

theres traces of fecal matter on absolutely everything touched by the general public...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

seamus wrote: »
    Haven't been to McDonald's in years. Worst fast food by a mile.

Any road, I doubt these terminals are particularly difficult. They're designed so that the lowest common denominator (i.e. McD's main customers) can use them.

The whole self-service thing is a fascinating exercise in human behaviour though. They''ve been in supermarkets for nearly 15 years now and you still hear people complaining about them - always complaining about problems they caused. "Please place item in the bagging area" means put the fncking thing down you idiot. Stop looking blankly at the screen like it has the space shuttle launch controls on it.
    No one is saying they're too complicated. Just that it takes forever. Go in with 4 people and order on the touch screen, including a couple of kids happy meals with a million options takes fúcking ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The only thing I buy in McDonalds is the occasional milkshake. I went in for one the other day but instead walked straight back out. I like just going up to the counter and asking for what I want. That's not possible anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Mmmm deal with a machine or a dead behind the eyes teenager....

Thats a hard one!

Tip for anyone in the area stay the fook out of the McDonalds in Citywest!!

I dont eat the food but once in while the kids get a happy meal or whatever but jesus the clowns working in there from management to the ones on the bottom there all ****e. They dont have a clue what there at.

The Dominos across the street is the very same and the chopped next door so bit of a theme going on there :pac: I wonder could it possibly be something to do with where there finding there staff......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

. I like just going up to the counter and asking for what I want. That's not possible anymore.

How is it not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maviesk

Did you find the McDonalds in France absolutely disgusting? I mean its basically Tcardboard over here but in France they seem to have come up with a way to make it taste like mouldy cardboard.

They also don't have milkshakes, just some pale imitation based on a frappe..

There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

The only thing I buy in McDonalds is the occasional milkshake. I went in for one the other day but instead walked straight back out. I like just going up to the counter and asking for what I want. That's not possible anymore.

it is possible to order with a person at the counter.

the new machines are great for customising esp if you have grumbly monsters who dont like mutard or honions.

the best though is McDs at Dublin Airport beside the Circle K.
    the customisation is the best.
    you can change your double cheeseburger on the eurosaver menu into a quarter pounder with cheese for an extra 20 cent, by adding, tomato, lettuce, and mayo.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kfagan10

Had the misfortune of going into Grafton Street on a Saturday night a few weeks ago.

Used to be you'd queue, order and be set in a few mins. Had about a half hour wait for my order.

Obviously trying to cut staffing costs as there were maybe 2/3 people filling orders. Fair enough they are running a business, looking for max profit, and usually franchised, but it has put me off ever going in there again.

So they've saved paying a college student 9 euro an hour, but have lost repeat custom of people out on the town looking for FAST food late at night.

It's not like there's no alternative for people streaming off Harcourt Street at that hour.

In summary, it's a ****e system and will cost them more in sales than they are trying to scab off staff wages.

Disclaimer, I may go back when pissed out of my skull.

Advertisement