Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work sick days

Options
  • 12-04-2019 6:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Just after xmas i had to take a couple of days off sick and i found on my portal about a month ago that the company had added an extra day on to this leave. I said it to my manager and followed up with an email. I was told it was added in error and will be rectified. This was a month ago and the day still hasnt been removed from my record.
    I rarely take sick time off unless im truly not well and it pi$$es off when others abuse the system, plus the company have been getting more stringent on the rules lately.
    Should i now bypass my manager and the one above that and go to HR or should i give it more time as there is no guidance for this situation in the handbook?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Did your manager send an email to the person/team managing the portal informing them of the error?

If yes then follow up with the portal team explaining why it’s important it’s fixed promptly.

If no then follow up with your manager and ask them to put the request in an email so there is a paper trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi,

Did you verbally ask your manager? If so, send them an email,

I’d say this is a simple error. No need to pissed off just yet, I’d say it will be sorted but do it this time by email .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Email was sent, a month ago.
    Got a return to say it would be looked after. I have verbally followed up with assurances it will be sorted.
    Sent another email yesterday which hasnt been responded to as yet.
    Do i need to take this to HR at this stage or would i be making too big a fuss by doing that? (I dont like workplace confrontation unless absolutely necessary)

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Email was sent, a month ago.
    Got a return to say it would be looked after. I have verbally followed up with assurances it will be sorted.
    Sent another email yesterday which hasnt been responded to as yet.
    Do i need to take this to HR at this stage or would i be making too big a fuss by doing that? (I dont like workplace confrontation unless absolutely necessary)

mmmm that's as bit frustrating. I'd give them a day or two to get back to you but then I'd speak to your manager again and say you are going to contact HR about this if its not sorted immediately.

If no success with Manager contact HR on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d let it sit.
    If it becomes an issue you have an email conversation with your manager where he acknowledges it’s a mistake and should be rectified.

Advertisement