Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit fee cancellation

Options
  • 12-04-2019 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, 
    I switched provider too early back in March and was charged an Exit fee of E200. 
    I was in touch and was informed that this would be cancelled if I did not switch. I duly cancelled the switching process with the other provider but yesterday Electric Ireland attempted to take the 200 from my account. As I wasn't expecting any bills there was not enough funds in the account. Now I see an unpaid charge of E6 on my account and my bank has also charged me E10 and the 200 is back showing as owing on my account. I did send another email but have had no response.

Can you please advise how I get this cancelled from my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Babs101,

We are very sorry to read it. It was likely a crossover (with the direct debit instruction already being sent to the bank). The email team will respond, but we can look into the matter sooner here on Social Media if you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement