Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger Products

Options
  • 12-04-2019 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Starting this thread with a specific question but thought it might also be a good idea to have a place to review blogger products specifically.

I've personally never bought any blogger products (on principal mainly) but there is one that has caught my eye of late and im tempted to break my own rule!

The Sunset Trio by SoSu.

https://www.sosubysj.com/products/the-sunset-triohttps://www.sosubysj.com/products/the-sunset-trio

I like it because I used to have the Manizer Sisters from the balm and found having a blush, highlight and bronzer together very handy for travel as I used the tones on my eyes as well as face, but wasnt a huge fan of the bronzer being a shimmer shade.

The SoSu palette has shimmer in the blush and highlighter only but the bronzer is matte. Its also only €13.

Has anyone used it and found it good or otherwise?

Also, can anyone suggest a better alternative? I'd also be open to an option where both the blush and bronzer were matte.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Thanks, I've not seen that one before. Worth a look next time I'm around town. Might be too peachy toned for me, as I tend to prefer a pink blush but I'll definitely stop by the benefit counter.

I actually haven't bought from benefit in YEARS!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I can't comment on that specific SoSu product, but I have the highlighter palette and I love it. The pay off is excellent and it has a good range of colours, especially for a highlighter product.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really rate the Luna by Lisa Jordan lip trio. It comes with a liquid lipstick, gloss, and clear gloss. Without a doubt the most gorgeous, flattering nude shades I own across any brand.

I own more Mac, Charlotte Tilbury, Lancome & Tom Ford lip products than I care to remember but since buying the Luna ones I find myself reaching for them more than the others. In fact, I'd say I've worn it on pretty much every night out I've gone on since getting them.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good quality they are, to be honest I got them as a gift and would probably never have bought them myself. But I'd definitely repurchase and recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Thanks, interesting input.

I suppose I have a preconception that blogger products are just over priced white labeled products. That said, I have heard good things about Lisa Jordans range, specifically her hair product and also the blush/bronze/highlight trio which I suppose would be a competitor to the SoSu sunset trio above but is €30 instead of €13, which in my opinion is a lot for a blogger brand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think Sue's would be white label, but tbh I'm not bothered looking into where she gets it and then figuring out how to get that combination of colours that are in the palette that I like. I see that convenience as part of the price.

I would like to try Lisa's hair products, they seem to have good reviews across the board.

Check out the amount of product in each of the trios, that might explain price discrepancy?

Advertisement