Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My girlfriend took the BF/GF label back

Options
  • 12-04-2019 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

so my girl asked me to be her boyfriend and days later she said she wanted to take to the label back because it scares her. so I was angry and hurt. she said we are in a relationship/exclusive but she just doesnt like the bf/gf label. she said shes in love with me but why wouldn't she want a label then? advice on this? how would you react?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Moved from Fitness, as this forum is more suitable.

Please read the charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What age are you two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

How long are you together?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rob15

4 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's hard to advise, going by what little information you've given us. Is this more than just an issue with a "label"? Do you think she is having second thoughts about you becoming exclusive? Has her behaviour changed in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Either you are under 18 or she is just trying to get attention / reactions from you.

Tell her fine, you don’t want me to officially be your boyfriend, then technically I am single.

She can’t have it both ways. Tell her to grow up. (Im female by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I wouldn't be a fan of that behaviour at all at all

Just screams she's not as bothered about it as you are

After 4 months you'd surely know if you are sure you want to be in a relationship proper with someone

I'd be fcuking her off tbh just screams Messer/headwrecker to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

how old are you, I presume you both are very young? Could it be she still lives at home and her parents disapprove of any relationship ? Tthinking she's too young or for whatever else reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Or maybe she just panicked and became overwhelmed with the intensity of it all? It can and does happen! I would just give her space for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She's in love with you but doesn't want to be called your girlfriend? That's really immature and head wrecking. If she's like this after four months, what will she be like in the future?

• Advertisement
Advertisement