Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change in circumstances - child maintenance

• 12-04-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi folks

Hope you can shed some advice

Back in 2014 myself and wife separated. At the time I earned 60k and she earned 20k. At mediation we agreed that i would pay 75 per week per child AND half the mortgage on the family home along with half the expenses for Christmas, back to school etc.
    I also pay the VHI for the ex wife and the 2 kids

Fast forward to 2019 and her income has doubled. She now earns 40k. I'm still on same salary.

In addition to full time work She also runs a holistic massage business from the home earning 50 an hour cash in the evening and weekends. She gets about 10 appts a week

Our son is now in college also getting a SUSI grant of 300 a month which he wasn't getting at time of mediation - should this be taken in to account too ?

To be honest - i'm broke. I have nothing left and now staying in relatives place rent free. I pay the guts of 1400 a month. My 15 year old car is dying and i rely on to for work while the ex is in a new 191 car ....

There's no set access - as i work shift work but the kids who are 15 and 19 often stay over when I'm off. I drive them to football matches etc as i live 20 minutes from the family home. Don't mind as means i get more time with them

I'm afraid to try and approach this in case i come out worse off

Any advice or suggestions ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What are relations with your ex like. Could ye have a chat. Maybe try mediation. If yere not on speaking terms then I'm afraid its solicitor time.

Advertisement