Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox X2 air pressure

• 12-04-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I removed the air (down to about 5-10 psi) from my Fox Float X2 rear-shock with a view to removing the air-can so I can add volume spacers only to discover that I don't have a 1.5mm allen key for the grub-screw; every possible combination I have is either 2mm or 1.5 but leverage is too long. In the meantime, I decided to increase the pressure so I can use the bike whilst I get around to finding a suitable allen key only to now discover that I can add only about 12-15psi with the shock near locked-out as a result.

Any suggestions?

Edit: never mind. The correct suggestion is don't accidentally change your digital pump readout from PSI to bar ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lemming wrote:
    Edit: never mind. The correct suggestion is don't accidentally change your digital pump readout from PSI to bar ...

Jebus, 12-15 bar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Jebus, 12-15 bar!

Had it up to 21 bar (300 psi) before I copped on to why the pump kept maxing out with an error on the digital display every time it went above 21.0 "psi". I normally run about 220-230psi. Shock has a max 250psi label, although the 2019 models are 300psi. I got so lucky that I didn't do a seal or two in before copping onto the pump readout settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lemming wrote:
    Had it up to 21 bar (300 psi) before I copped on to why the pump kept maxing out with an error on the digital display every time it went above 21.0 "psi". I normally run about 220-230psi. Shock has a max 250psi label, although the 2019 models are 300psi. I got so lucky that I didn't do a seal or two in before copping onto the pump readout settings.

I wouldn't like to see what would happen if that thing popped, easy mistake though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

Watched a guy do this while putting air in the tyres of his car. He was up to 5 or 6 bar, and looking perplexed. I suggested to him that he might have it on the wrong setting, he just looked at me, then got in the car and drove away...

Advertisement