Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW35 TT - Last of the DGW Transfer Threads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Benimar wrote: »
    Liverpool won’t have a DGW. There is literally nowhere to put a game. The Newcastle game will just be moved from Sunday to Saturday.

Bugger hadnt thought of that! ah well TC will be a nice advantage with only a few GWs remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Rikand wrote:
    Kolasinac was recently rested in the league so I feel he's unlikely to be rested again so soon. Especially with Ramsey out injured, it has become a little less crowded in midfield

But given he played 90 mins midweek, is Mustafi, who didnt play, likely to see more gametime I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Went Duffy to Valery, bit of a money saver

Is Vardy to Firmino or Laca worth it?

Yes I think so. Either is worth it. Firmino should outscore Vardy for remainder of season by 4. Lacazette has 2 games v Vardys 1 this week

Liverpool won’t have a DGW. There is literally nowhere to put a game. The Newcastle game will just be moved from Sunday to Saturday.

It’s confirmed for Saturday they are just deciding on what time. I think it will be a 7:45pm kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Contemplating Pogba and Rashford to Son and Jiminez for a -4, yay or nay?

• Advertisement

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Yay all day,

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Personally, yay, with Utd having Everton, City and Chelsea in the next 3 however Utd need to win to make the top 4 and you would expect those 2 to be involved. Spurs and Wolves fixtures swing it for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Brought in Jimmi and Jota.

Wilcarded last week with the intention to BB this week. However with Brighton being so bad are Duffy and Ryan realistically going to do anything away to Wolves and Spurs? Valery is away to Newcastle and Watford and Camarasa at home to Liverpool.

Would I be better off Jimmi or Sterling/Aguero/Son (TC) and BB the week after when Brighton have Newcastle at home and Southampton have Bournemouth at home? Will miss out on Salah (TC) v Huddersfield though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Decided to go ahead with the bb and hope the Brighton boys can fluke a clean sheet, goal or assist. Sold Deeney for Wilson, fully expecting him to troll me again after I sold him on WC. Undecided on captain. Currently on Jiminez but may go with Son.

• Advertisement

Seaba wrote: »

Wilcarded last week with the intention to BB this week. However with Brighton being so bad are Duffy and Ryan realistically going to do anything away to Wolves and Spurs? Valery is away to Newcastle and Watford and Camarasa at home to Liverpool.

Would I be better off Jimmi or Sterling/Aguero/Son (TC) and BB the week after when Brighton have Newcastle at home and Southampton have Bournemouth at home? Will miss out on Salah (TC) v Huddersfield though.

No stick with your original plan. All likelihood Newcastle will score v Brighton. If you have Brighton defenders I think you should use it this week and then just focus on your XI for the remainder of the season. Don’t let the BB affect you going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Went Duffy to Valery, bit of a money saver

Is Vardy to Firmino or Laca worth it?

Yes I think so. Either is worth it. Firmino should outscore Vardy for remainder of season by 4. Lacazette has 2 games v Vardys 1 this week
    Thanks, another price drop last night ...

Might just keep him at this rate. No faith in Laca getting alot of game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Seaba wrote: »

I’m playing TC this week. With a doubt over Deulofeu and Brighton playing like a Pubs League team, I cant see my BB being a success.

I’m going for Jimenez TC. If it comes off (a risk I know) the upside is that many won’t even captain him, never mind TC, so I would see good gains.

The problem with Salah TC is he will be highly captained anyway, so unless he hits a 20 pointer your gains will be capped. Also, should City win their two games this week and Liverpool slip up at Cardiff, the league is essentially over. Salahs minutes may then be managed v Huddersfield before the CL SF. That may be just the pessimistic Liverpool fan in me though.

I’m playing TC this week. With a doubt over Deulofeu and Brighton playing like a Pubs League team, I cant see my BB being a success.

I’m going for Jimenez TC. If it comes off (a risk I know) the upside is that many won’t even captain him, never mind TC, so I would see good gains.

The problem with Salah TC is he will be highly captained anyway, so unless he hits a 20 pointer your gains will be capped. Also, should City win their two games this week and Liverpool slip up at Cardiff, the league is essentially over. Salahs minutes may then be managed v Huddersfield before the CL SF. That may be just the pessimistic Liverpool fan in me though.

A lot of active teams I see do not have Salah. It will not be easier for them to get in and most won’t look to. Salah will be a differential captain v Mane and the TC will be added to it.

Can’t see Klopp going easy or resting if City their 2 games, they still have 3 to play. It would be criminal to give up after giving so much. Anything can happen in football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

A lot of active teams I see do not have Salah. It will not be easier for them to get in and most won’t look to. Salah will be a differential captain v Mane and the TC will be added to it.

Can’t see Klopp going easy or resting if City their 2 games, they still have 3 to play. It would be criminal to give up after giving so much. Anything can happen in football

If City win their two games and Liverpool don’t beat Cardiff, they would need City to slip up twice in Three games. The CL would become the focus at that stage. (If Liverpool are ahead going into the Huddersfield game I could see them handing out a hiding to be fair)

Currently on -8.

Have Ryan, Duffy and Montoya.

Is Montoya to Boly worth another hit? Montoya didn’t play the last PL game

Currently on -8.

Have Ryan, Duffy and Montoya.

Is Montoya to Boly worth another hit? Montoya didn’t play the last PL game

Or KWP. Home to Brighton and yet to concede at home. Played well the last day and has great potential for assists.

May even come in v City and play RWF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I wouldn't be taking hits for lower priced defensive options. Regardless of a double game week are they going to score in excess of 10 points to warrant the transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Still no closer to choosing a Deeney replacement for the bench boost. Between Grey and Ings now... leaning towards Ings given their fixtures til the end of the season but neither fill me with any sort of confidence

COH wrote: »
    Still no closer to choosing a Deeney replacement for the bench boost. Between Grey and Ings now... leaning towards Ings given their fixtures til the end of the season but neither fill me with any sort of confidence

I went for Gray because playing Huddersfield & then a home fixture. Southampton have 2 away.

Deeney is suspended so you would expect Gray to start both. Ings won’t play full 90, there is Long & Austin in competition too

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be taking hits for lower priced defensive options. Regardless of a double game week are they going to score in excess of 10 points to warrant the transfer?

Cheers make sense. And who knows Brighton might actually keep a clean sheet v Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cheers make sense. And who knows Brighton might actually keep a clean sheet v Wolves

Its easy to get wrapped up in double game weeks. I remember this time last year bench boost was a disaster for me with rotation and probably will be similar this year. The DGW's so far have not been great either. I have no problem taking hits for premium players but this weeks solution will probably be next weeks problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I went for Gray because playing Huddersfield & then a home fixture. Southampton have 2 away.

Deeney is suspended so you would expect Gray to start both. Ings won’t play full 90, there is Long & Austin in competition too

I went with Ings. Doubt he'll play anywhere near 180 but I see him getting more points than Gray if they play similar minutes.

Also last time Deeney was out, it was Success who came in and played more minutes than Gray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

still don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Yeah he was the initial choice but then was reading that he hasn't played much when Deeney has been out with Success.

F*ck it... Llorente it is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I think I would have gone Llorente if I didn't already have three Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Still have Duffy in my team, but don't know if its worth a -4 to take him out

I think I've made my bed with Duffy and now I just gotta lie with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

City players key. Can see a drubbing today and can't see how United will be good enough to stop them at Old Trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Kolasinac was recently rested in the league so I feel he's unlikely to be rested again so soon. Especially with Ramsey out injured, it has become a little less crowded in midfield

Doucoure probably more game time, but gerryD has got the Xplosion factor.

That Xplosion factor....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barnes goal

Advertisement