Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber covers on the STI levers are gone sticky

Options
  • 12-04-2019 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what others here have done for a bike thats been sitting idle in a garage for a bit. The hood covers have become sticky from the dampness, annoying to hold when cycling. Anyone used anything to solve this issue? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

Just wondering what others here have done for a bike thats been sitting idle in a garage for a bit. The hood covers have become sticky from the dampness, annoying to hold when cycling. Anyone used anything to solve this issue? Thanks.

Replace the covers - reasonably cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Yea i know i could replace them, but wondering if there was a solution without doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I replaced mine a month ago, cost less than €15 including p&p, took 2 minutes. There's not much else you can do. Once the rubber starts to break down it won't get any better. Mine had been a bit sticky since around Christmas and then a small hole appeared so I just said enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Alright ye have convinced me replacement it is. Thanks lads

Advertisement