Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help. Chrome is automatically signing me in to websites.

• 13-04-2019 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Something bizarre has started happening on Chrome on my Android phone.

A few weeks ago I deactivated my Instagram and Twitter accounts.

Today, I suddenly noticed they had both been signed back in to, and I had no idea why.

So I started to deactivate them again. I deactivated my Twitter account. It then took me to the "You have successfully deactivated your account" page. And then instantly and automatically at the bottom of my screen I see "Signing in as [my twitter email addesss here]" and next thing I know I'm back in my account! This all happens within seconds of me clicking the Deactivate button.

So, obviously Chrome had somehow for some reason signed me back in to my Instagram and Twitter accounts without me doing anything and without me knowing.

I tried again, and same thing happened again.

My browser has never done this before now, ever.

I tried to google an explanation but all I could find were articles about Google getting into trouble last year for adding an automatic sign in features to Google branded websites like Gmail and YouTube.

Anyone any idea what's going on??

(To clarify, this is happening via the chrome browser, not with the twitter or Instagram apps, which I don't have installed.)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Remove the credentials from any password managers you are using. If you cant remove it, input the wrong password for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Solution! <<<< You must not have used a correct search?

How to turn off Auto sign-in on Android
    1. Open device Settings and navigate to Google.
    2. Under Google, scroll down and tap Smart Lock for Passwords.
    3. Then turn off Auto sign-in toggle.

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.google.com/search?q=android+chrome+automatic+signin+turn+off

Also you can edit/delete your stored passwords here: - https://passwords.google.com

On Android above!

For desktop chrome: -
    To disable Chrome auto sign-in, click that three dots icon again and select Settings. Alternatively, enter chrome://settings into the address bar. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and click Advanced. Then find the option labeled Allow Chrome sign-in and click its toggle switch to disable it.Oct 23, 2018

Advertisement