Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulties in finding living arrangements

Options
  • 13-04-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Bit of a rant here. I've had the worst 2 months trying to sort shared accomodation living arrangements in south dublin. I've visited 20 places expressed interest in 15 places and not 1 offer back and not even an email response to say that the room has been offered to someone else etc. Constantly checking my phone for emails, listings on daft.ie etc. I 'would've' assumed I was a good candidate given professional job, tidy quiet, landlord references etc. Its incredibly frustrating. When I go for viewings I try to come across friendly and show interest in the apartment / house etc and engage in good conversation with housemates. Its incredibly dissapointing and frustrating. My budget is €1k per month! Just wondering have others had similar experience / tips on how to secure a place. Or is this the realities of looking for shared accom in south dublin? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You may have to further your search outside of that area.

Rental market is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

€1k/month should be enough to secure a room in a house/flat share. Unfortunately it’s a crazy market. Try looking for other channels besides Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

Bit of a rant here. I've had the worst 2 months trying to sort shared accomodation living arrangements in south dublin. I've visited 20 places expressed interest in 15 places and not 1 offer back and not even an email response to say that the room has been offered to someone else etc. Constantly checking my phone for emails, listings on daft.ie etc. I 'would've' assumed I was a good candidate given professional job, tidy quiet, landlord references etc. Its incredibly frustrating. When I go for viewings I try to come across friendly and show interest in the apartment / house etc and engage in good conversation with housemates. Its incredibly dissapointing and frustrating. My budget is €1k per month! Just wondering have others had similar experience / tips on how to secure a place. Or is this the realities of looking for shared accom in south dublin? Thanks.
    It's the same everywhere... Took me six weeks to end up in a filthy kip with an alcoholic landlord but due to my situation, which isn't as good as yours, even though I am also clean and presentable with good references, I had no choice. I know how disappointing it is but another member told me that he received so many applications he just didn't have time to respond.Good luck!

Advertisement