Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhancing poorly scanned images?

Options
  • 13-04-2019 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have some team photos that I found online on a newspaper archives site but they are very unclear. Anyone know of anything I can access for free online to make these scanned images a lot clearer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

NCW feen wrote: »
    I have some team photos that I found online on a newspaper archives site but they are very unclear. Anyone know of anything I can access for free online to make these scanned images a lot clearer?

If the original scan is that bad there's not much you can do. Adjusting the contrast might help a little but it's like the saying 'you can't polish a turd'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

photo editing tools can clean up and improve a bit.

but you cannot make a 300dpi scan photo quality, and photos from a newspaper would probably be very low quality indeed.

you could contact the publisher and ask for a copy of original photos?

Advertisement