Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Yeh that sounds like kind of what I was thinking.

Oh it’s flawed alright , I just think it’s harder for baddies to strategically win the gold and as a village we have more control over who gets it and finding out who has the prize.

Not trying to knock it but its a hard plan to impliment with the wolves knowing the plan. Thats my take on it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Would 1 be picked by everyone?

Lowest unique number? So if everyone picks 1 then a single person picking 2 wins.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Yeh that sounds like kind of what I was thinking.

Oh it’s flawed alright , I just think it’s harder for baddies to strategically win the gold and as a village we have more control over who gets it and finding out who has the prize.

Not trying to knock it but its a hard plan to impliment with the wolves knowing the plan. Thats my take on it

There’s only four of them so the theory is they couldn’t block it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

5 counting an SK

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

What does this bit mean?
    The villager Ellsworth is the 'gold-claim protector'. Sounds like a tough job, but all Ellsworth needs to do is remain alive. Once he does this, Hearst's wolves can only ever win 1 prize from those on offer. However, that doesn't mean that the village/SK can scoop up all of the others...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    What does this bit mean?

Reads that the wolves can only win the use of one prize max whilst Jack Duckworth lives, but can stop us from getting other ones at the same time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

5 counting an SK

But they don't have a backroom with the SK so can't coordinate on what number to pick.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

So assign 1-5 and if we don't have a prize winner we have a pool of 5 for the seer to work from. Des had the idea so give him the shout to rand it I reckon.

Can someone point out what the wolves would gain from such a strategy?

The wolves can win once whilst Ellsworth is alive.

First comp will tell us nothing the second one is when our strategy may come into effect. Then as long as we know Ellsworth is alive, we should keep at it.

Holly WW wrote: »
    So assign 1-5 and if we don't have a prize winner we have a pool of 5 for the seer to work from. Des had the idea so give him the shout to rand it I reckon.

Can someone point out what the wolves would gain from such a strategy?

There will be a winner from 1-5 (well, after we work out what competition the wolf’s can partake in). The SK can win comp.

Winning the comp doesn’t guarantee a villager cos they could be SK but it guarantees they are not in the wolf team.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

The wolves can win once whilst Ellsworth is alive.

First comp will tell us nothing the second one is when our strategy may come into effect. Then as long as we know Ellsworth is alive, we should keep at it.

Once he dies the wolves can win more? Shouldn’t we aim to find him and protect him, more of us than them?

Presumably, on the goldrush, we could agree what numbers for everyone to pick and we'd have a 26.3% chance of picking a wolf tomorrow (unless the SK has already killed, in which case it would be a 27.8% chance).

The wolves could then coordinate and pick the same numbers to block, but only the first 4 numbers. The SK could choose to block the fifth number, but we'd still choose to pick independent numbers so could guarantee a village win unless we'd chosen a wolf.

If we'd chosen a wolf, they'd presumably choose to let that person win for the prize, and we'd know a wolf was in the first 5 chosen.

Alternatively, they could choose to block themselves, at least on the first day, but how long would they keep that strategy up for?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

There will be a winner from 1-5 (well, after we work out what competition the wolf’s can partake in). The SK can win comp.

Winning the comp doesn’t guarantee a villager cos they could be SK but it guarantees they are not in the wolf team.

So, sorry, can I just make sure I'm understanding this.

We get 5 people, and tell them to pick numbers 1-5. Shouldn't we be choosing 6 instead of five?

The theory is then that even if the wolves split their votes 1-4, and the SK chooses the fifth, then whoever had 6 would win, right?

But if no one wins, then we figure there's a wolf in that batch of six, cause they'd be hiding their win?

Phil WW wrote: »
    So, sorry, can I just make sure I'm understanding this.

We get 5 people, and tell them to pick numbers 1-5. Shouldn't we be choosing 6 instead of five?

The theory is then that even if the wolves split their votes 1-4, and the SK chooses the fifth, then whoever had 6 would win, right?

But if no one wins, then we figure there's a wolf in that batch of six, cause they'd be hiding their win?

This is kind of what I've been trying to say - would it not be better to just assign numbers to all players as opposed to just 5 or 6?

Then there's full control, or as much as we can exert I guess.

Was there a Lynch today? Did I miss it? I thought it started tomorrow

Was there a Lynch today? Did I miss it? I thought it started tomorrow

Yeah, you dead. Soz hun :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    This is kind of what I've been trying to say - would it not be better to just assign numbers to all players as opposed to just 5 or 6?

Then there's full control, or as much as we can exert I guess.

The issue there could be that not everyone will be on at the right time.

Unless we try a priority system, where we ask people only to choose 1-6 if they are 100% sure they'll be here, and higher numbers if they aren't?

Why would the SK not want to take the prize? Their job is to kill everyone anyway. Would be no reason why they would play along and declare.

Would there?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yeah, you dead. Soz hun :p

Ok, fair enough. Good luck with the game everyone, do I need to reset the password back to what it was?

Jokes aside, there's no lynch tonight Gertie. Tis in the OP.

• Advertisement

5 counting an SK
    Ya but they definitely couldn’t coordinate with the SK, it would knock them out too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Unless we try a priority system, where we ask people only to choose 1-6 if they are 100% sure they'll be here, and higher numbers if they aren't?

I'll be on all day tomorrow, anyone else who is going to be able to commit to being on for one or both the goldrushes comment on thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Why would the SK not want to take the prize? Their job is to kill everyone anyway. Would be no reason why they would play along and declare.

Would there?

I’d assume they would play along to blend in with the villagers

Ya but they definitely couldn’t coordinate with the SK, it would knock them out too.

But if you were the SK, you could assume the wolves would take the first 4 numbers. Not sure what that would get you... Unless the village tags a wolf or SK in the first 5 numbers, you can't do anything other than block or try for competing for the tied highest number.

Holly WW wrote: »

I'll be on all day tomorrow, anyone else who is going to be able to commit to being on for one or both the goldrushes comment on thread.

I’ll be there for both

I agree with letting Des choose

Can't commit 100% to the first goldrush but here for the second

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Guys I’m trying to keep up with the amendments to my suggestions and I’m ok to go along with whatever the consensus is but The main target of my strategy is to make it difficult for baddies to strategize to get the good gold. Let’s say there’s 20 players , 5 of them are bad. 15 good.

Surely all goodies will stick to the plan. If your number isn’t 1-5 and you are a goody then pick a number after 5. Prob a good idea to maybe have some people pick 6-10 just so no overlapping.

The idea behind 5 was because baddies can’t double up on more then 5 numbers so from number 6 onwards we should be fine once all villagers don’t double up on 6.7, 8 etc.

Don’t get hung up on the idea. If it’s too confusing or people aren’t sure about it then we can leave it. It was just an effort to make it harder for wolves. Can somebody challange the idea? I mean look at it from a wolves perspective and see how they could manipulate it?

I mostly see positives but:

- wolves can manipulate who gets the gold. If they can’t get it they can cast shade on somebody by block voting (so they vote for 1,2,3 and number 4 wins). Oh doesn’t number 4 look dodgy. Likewise the opposite where they do it so a wolf wins. It will cast shade on whoever gets gold but seer will have to decide whether it’s dodge or not
    - wolves may win the gold (counter to this is that they will have to admit it on thread or we will know they are hiding in that group of 5)

Anything else anybody can see?

The seer can also check out the first winner, might not be immediately useful but a decent way to choose someone to peek

I wasn’t gonna tell them that in thread, Des, just Incase they hadn’t thought of it themselves :D

Everyone should be assigned a number. The comp is after munch and dunno when SK kills but their will be No’s 1-19 at least. Based on what number wins, the seer gets a reduced player list to select from at least.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

This could tell us an awful lot about wolves strategy later on in game.

Advertisement