Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yeah. That's my thinking. But...

tenor.gif?itemid=8788049

Out of the three could it be? Like we COULD take a punt but I'm much more confident in Ewan right now than I would be on any of the three tbh.

I am a bit worried that Ewan might be Vernon 2. It is great you are cleared but its a death sentence for Ewan.

There is a rabbithole I could go down, but I am not sure if I want to go there....

Lets say Ewan is a wolf. Why would he make such a song and dance about it ? I dont get it. It feels more like a paranoid villager then a desperate wolf. Whats the benefit of making such a scene?

Holly WW wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't post between 12.30 and 5.30 would be in my dodgy books right about now

The problem is that we only know that people said on thread they voted. The only people we know voted as planned were Gertie and Brendan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    So do you think there's a wolf among you, me and Steve, mathematically?

Mathematically, I aint that good unfortunately however it's possible that one of the 3 are a wolf.

My thoughts are say Steve's a wolf and wolf number 2 doubles up on Steve. That means wolf 3 is on you and wolf 4 is on me for Gertie/Brendan to win. Wolves might do this to give someone a slight clear

It's more likely there is a wolf missing in action and the wolves just double down on slots 1-3 hoping for a Vernon style slip up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I am a bit worried that Ewan might be Vernon 2. It is great you are cleared but its a death sentence for Ewan.

There is a rabbithole I could go down, but I am not sure if I want to go there....

Lets say Ewan is a wolf. Why would he make such a song and dance about it ? I dont get it. It feels more like a paranoid villager then a desperate wolf. Whats the benefit of making such a scene?

Yeah, there is that concern. I just don't think we can take that risk unfortunately.

Numbers are tight enough as is.

10-4 with me and Gertie cleared - 4 wolves in 12 players.

After lynch if we get a wolf it'll be 10-3.
    If we don't it'll be 9-4 with a munch and potential beatdown tomorrow which might leave us at 6-4 ahead of a lynch.

Numbers are tighter than ever now, we can only really afford one slip up

The problem is that we only know that people said on thread they voted. The only people we know voted as planned were Gertie and Brendan.

Well two votes went in slots 1-3 in order for both of those to win therefore you can somewhat assume the three ahead did vote but that doesn't clear us. It's the ones who weren't around who may have impacted wolf strategy IMO. By not being here number 4 won on both occasions

• Advertisement

Throw your rabbit hole theory out, it's best to have it in the open anyway for discussion if you believe it's somewhat feasible

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

It's more likely there is a wolf missing in action and the wolves just double down on slots 1-3 hoping for a Vernon style slip up

The thing that's really getting me is if I had to make a binary decision, I'd have had both you and Steve in a good column.

Mind, I also had Brendan in bad so *Shrug*

The thing that's really getting me is if I had to make a binary decision, I'd have had both you and Steve in a good column.

I'm on the same thought process to be honest, you seemed useful villager and Steve missing a vote doesn't scream wolf particularly his reply to missing the vote.

Then again I was also full on the Brendan wolf train so I may also get back in my box

I'm on the same thought process to be honest, you seemed useful villager and Steve missing a vote doesn't scream wolf particularly his reply to missing the vote.

Then again I was also full on the Brendan wolf train so I may also get back in my box

giphy.gif

Yeah, there is that concern. I just don't think we can take that risk unfortunately.

Numbers are tight enough as is.

10-4 with me and Gertie cleared - 4 wolves in 12 players.

After lynch if we get a wolf it'll be 10-3.
    If we don't it'll be 9-4 with a munch and potential beatdown tomorrow which might leave us at 6-4 ahead of a lynch.

Numbers are tighter than ever now, we can only really afford one slip up

14 players left! We are gonna lose one tonight hopefully wolf.

Strategy for tomorrow needs to be the same top 3 with Brendan and Gertie in 4 and 5 IMO. This means we either lock two prizes a day and somewhat clear the first 3 or the wolves change tack and we know there is a wolf in the top 3. Either way we continue to get prizes and hopefully a peak or two in there.

Also potential for one or two more people being cleared tomorrow, ie the ones who share a backroom and then the seer can potentially reveal 3 peeks tomorrow or 4 on Thursday. Even they are all good we've got the process of elimination to work out the remaining bad ones

• Advertisement

Guys, I hate to be annoying (not really) but I really wanna watch this match tonight at 8pm so I'm gonna need to put in my order shortly.

Am I going with Ewan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I honestly think, and maybe this is my error as this is my first game, that what’s hindering us is the actual game.

Look at the people, trust our natural instincts.

Again my opinion like my list earlier. Katie, so eager to play the game but then doesn’t contribute and the first one to put doubt on someone. Maybe a feeble attempt at deflecting before the wolves coordinated.

Ewan, loved pointing the finger at others but then wouldn’t do something that would rule him out, why? Because of principle?

Mary, still likes to gather all info but never really shares any of her theories. But blatantly super smart.

In a workplace setting, you’d suspect Katie as having an ulterior motive, ewan at being guilty and Mary would probably just be the boss, I just think the baddie boss.
    Put everything in context.

Tegen does look dodgy too though

14 players left! We are gonna lose one tonight hopefully wolf.

Strategy for tomorrow needs to be the same top 3 with Brendan and Gertie in 4 and 5 IMO. This means we either lock two prizes a day and somewhat clear the first 3 or the wolves change tack and we know there is a wolf in the top 3. Either way we continue to get prizes and hopefully a peak or two in there.

Also potential for one or two more people being cleared tomorrow, ie the ones who share a backroom and then the seer can potentially reveal 3 peeks tomorrow or 4 on Thursday. Even they are all good we've got the process of elimination to work out the remaining bad ones

Isn't that what I said?

10-4 currently - me and Gertie cleared leaves 4 wolves in 12 players?

Or have I gone insane?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ironically, had you picked 4 as asked, you'd likely have been cleared now.

If you're good.

So very true

Guys, I hate to be annoying (not really) but I really wanna watch this match tonight at 8pm so I'm gonna need to put in my order shortly.

Am I going with Ewan?

I hope you’re not a Brighton fan but yes, ewan

Isn't that what I said?

10-4 currently - me and Gertie cleared leaves 4 wolves in 12 players?

Or have I gone insane?

Yeah but I'm talking about reveals tomorrow or Thursday, as in we could potentially have both of you, a seer plus 3 peeks tomorrow, along with Al and his roomie. So we could potentially have a massive village core

Yeah but I'm talking about reveals tomorrow or Thursday, as in we could potentially have both of you, a seer plus 3 peeks tomorrow, along with Al and his roomie. So we could potentially have a massive village core

Oh yeah I get that I was only talking about pure numbers though. We don't have a large margin for error

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

giphy.gif

Would you prefer your monkeys to dance for you?

Ktp1Nyd.gif

Am I going with Ewan?

I know you want to lynch me and understandably since I was up for you last night but I think I am being made a easy target tonight by many pushing to get me out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I honestly think, and maybe this is my error as this is my first game, that what’s hindering us is the actual game.

Look at the people, trust our natural instincts.

Again my opinion like my list earlier. Katie, so eager to play the game but then doesn’t contribute and the first one to put doubt on someone. Maybe a feeble attempt at deflecting before the wolves coordinated.

Ewan, loved pointing the finger at others but then wouldn’t do something that would rule him out, why? Because of principle?

Mary, still likes to gather all info but never really shares any of her theories. But blatantly super smart.

In a workplace setting, you’d suspect Katie as having an ulterior motive, ewan at being guilty and Mary would probably just be the boss, I just think the baddie boss.
    Put everything in context.

Tegen does look dodgy too though

What makes me look dodgy Gertie? I know I haven't been around much but that is down to work. When I have been around I've been going back and rereading and when I thought I spotted something, I pointed it out - granted I was wrong, but I am at least looking.

• Advertisement

Throw your rabbit hole theory out, it's best to have it in the open anyway for discussion if you believe it's somewhat feasible

Last time I threw out a rabbit hole theory I nearly led the village to defeat from the jaws of victory.....it’s not a full theory either. It’s more trying to make sense of the wolves strategy.

Brendan didn’t vote until maybe 5? Had wolves voted by then? If so then they wanted number 4 to win and didn’t care if it was ewan or Brendan.

I just can’t understand why ewan made such a song and dance over it. It was never going to go down well for him personally and how can that benefit the wolves if he’s a wolf?

Something similar happened in a previous place and I think I interpreted irrational behavior as desperation from a villager. Maybe ewan is simply trying to muddy things by messing around with the number but I just don’t know where I stand on it.

The problem is that given where we are now it’s hard to see an alternative target.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    What makes me look dodgy Gertie? I know I haven't been around much but that is down to work. When I have been around I've been going back and rereading and when I thought I spotted something, I pointed it out - granted I was wrong, but I am at least looking.

Just silence apart from acquisitions, happy to admit I could be wrong, about you at least

Just silence apart from acquisitions, happy to admit I could be wrong, about you at least

Auto correct, you’re not the wolf of Wall Street lol, accusations

Oh yeah I get that I was only talking about pure numbers though. We don't have a large margin for error

Wolves might have to take a risk on you or Gertie but there is a BG protecting and there’s a decent shout they will pick on of you!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Fair enough. I can't argue with you on the silence but making accusations is the best way to get a reaction or answers to questions you have.

Last time I threw out a rabbit hole theory I nearly led the village to defeat from the jaws of victory.....it’s not a full theory either. It’s more trying to make sense of the wolves strategy.

Brendan didn’t vote until maybe 5? Had wolves voted by then? If so then they wanted number 4 to win and didn’t care if it was ewan or Brendan.

I just can’t understand why ewan made such a song and dance over it. It was never going to go down well for him personally and how can that benefit the wolves if he’s a wolf?

Something similar happened in a previous place and I think I interpreted irrational behavior as desperation from a villager. Maybe ewan is simply trying to muddy things by messing around with the number but I just don’t know where I stand on it.

The problem is that given where we are now it’s hard to see an alternative target.

I'm unsure as to why Ewan wouldn't vote 4 straight away but that being said the wolves wanted Brendan to win doesn't commute to me! Reason being he was gonna get lynched tonight, feels to me like a wolf missing and they'd voted 1-3 (Ewan being one of the ones who voted) and were hoping it'd go straight to 5 in that no one would vote 4 so it'd look like they doubled on 1-4 therefore somewhat clearing Ewan!

My thoughts anyway

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I know you want to lynch me and understandably since I was up for you last night but I think I am being made a easy target tonight by many pushing to get me out

Why didn’t you just vote 4? Why did you think not voting would be better or protect you somehow?

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Fair enough. I can't argue with you on the silence but making accusations is the best way to get a reaction or answers to questions you have.

Very true at that.

Why didn’t you just vote 4? Why did you think not voting would be better or protect you somehow?

I was going to vote but then some started questioning why the change having me vote and I was frustrated so just didn't vote in the end

If you look back in the thread I think my frustration is clear and you can see who told me vote and who didn't want me voting

• Advertisement

I'm unsure as to why Ewan wouldn't vote 4 straight away but that being said the wolves wanted Brendan to win doesn't commute to me! Reason being he was gonna get lynched tonight, feels to me like a wolf missing and they'd voted 1-3 (Ewan being one of the ones who voted) and were hoping it'd go straight to 5 in that no one would vote 4 so it'd look like they doubled on 1-4 therefore somewhat clearing Ewan!

My thoughts anyway

That’s the thing. Ewan and Brendan were both pretty much nailed on targets for the village. Why would the wolves protect or clear either?

Either to make 1-3 look dodgy AF or to protect one from that list? It can’t be two wolves so there are two villagers in that list.

In fact, does that also apply to the 2nd vote?

Game 2:

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon (good)
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond

So one of Conor or Ewan is bad

Game 4

1. Phil
    2. Steve
    3. Holly
    4. Brendan
    5. Des

There can’t be 2 wolves in that list 1-3. This makes 2 of Phil, Steve and holly good?

If we kill ewan and he’s good then Conor is bad? Does that sound right?

Advertisement