Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Steves plan takes the most potential control out of wolf hands, which is good imo.

I would be surprised if there isnt a wolf in the first 5 posters however. I think there usually is.

So we all get numbers 1-5. And the wolves/sk pile on and pick similar numbers. Its down to a draw then, right?

Ill do Steves plan if needs be. I was planning to pick a random number, but if others have put more thought into this and it helps get us info, ill go with it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Should we not assign 1-6 to the people who can definitely be here? Otherwise someone can use the excuse they weren’t live

Then assign everyone else a number sequentially

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

1. Katie
    2. Abigail
    3. Gertrude
    4. Phil
    5. Steve
    6. Eva
    7. Conor
    8. Mary
    9. Desmond
    DEAD Derry
    10.Tegan
    11. Barbara
    12. Vernon
    13. Brendan
    14. Holly
    15. Ewan
    16. Orla
    17. Wendy
    18. Angus

Copied the list in order of posts. Who we missing and how do we compensate for people not available? Steve suggestion has merit just concious of those who said they aren't available

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Just read the OP again. If numbers are duplicated, it’s the highest number that wins the prize! 2nd paragraph.
    How to enter: In order to 'dig for gold', during the Goldrush times listed below you may PM the WerewolfGM account a whole number, just once per Goldrush session. The player who submits the lowest unique whole number by the end of a Goldrush session will secure a prize. We will only accept one PM entry per player for each Goldrush. The mods have already picked '0'.

- If no unique entries exist, the people who jointly submitted the highest number, will be entered into a draw and the winner will be drawn between them at random.

- Once we contact the winner, they will need to PM us back asap with a number from 1-30, and this number will used to select their prize from those which remain.

- Once a prize is selected and returned to the player, it has an expiry date of 5 hours. If we receive no further instruction from the prize winner within 5 hours, the prize is lost from the game.

- The villager Ellsworth is the 'gold-claim protector'. Sounds like a tough job, but all Ellsworth needs to do is remain alive. Once he does this, Hearst's wolves can only ever win 1 prize from those on offer. However, that doesn't mean that the village/SK can scoop up all of the others...

- The wolves can still submit PM entries for the Goldrush even if they have won their limit of 1 prize and Ellsworth remains alive. What is the point? While they cannot win another prize, they can still deprive the village/SK of a prize; If any member of Hearst's wolves submits a winning entry in a Goldrush but can't win the prize, the prize will be lost from the game instead of going to the villager/SK who would have won had the wolves not entered.

Goldrush times: Each day from 12:30:00pm-1:29:59pm and 4:30:00pm-5:29:59pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    1. Katie
    2. Abigail
    3. Gertrude
    4. Phil
    5. Steve
    6. Eva
    7. Conor
    8. Mary
    9. Desmond
    DEAD Derry
    10.Tegan
    11. Barbara
    12. Vernon
    13. Brendan
    14. Holly
    15. Ewan
    16. Orla
    17. Wendy
    18. Angus

Copied the list in order of posts. Who we missing and how do we compensate for people not available? Steve suggestion has merit just concious of those who said they aren't available

That's only 18 posters though - there's 20 players. Who hasn't posted yet?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    1. Katie
    2. Abigail
    3. Gertrude
    4. Phil
    5. Steve
    6. Eva
    7. Conor
    8. Mary
    9. Desmond
    DEAD Derry
    10.Tegan
    11. Barbara
    12. Vernon
    13. Brendan
    14. Holly
    15. Ewan
    16. Orla
    17. Wendy
    18. Angus

Is this the number we’re supposed to pick?

I think I understand the plan now. Assume we need whoever wins it to come out and admit it straight away so that we can work out what it means later?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just read the OP again. If numbers are duplicated, it’s the highest number that wins the prize! 2nd paragraph.

Only if there are no 'unique' entries.

Theoretically there are 19 players supposed to be active so it's not possible if all were available to enter.

Whats the argument for keeping the numbers secret, so that the wolves cant coordinate against our plan?

I take it allowing everyone to pick their own number is a definite no no?

Yep, it’s randed from the players who all chose the same highest number.

Frank left to post.

Yep, it’s randed from the players who all chose the same highest number.

Frank left to post.

Oh yeah, duh, Derry skipped :o

• Advertisement

Its randed from those who chose the same number IF anyone else hasnt picked a unique number.

So 3 other villagers and 3 wolves pick #1

That wont matter if i pick #2 and am the only one to do so. In that scenario i win.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I would be surprised if there isnt a wolf in the first 5 posters however. I think there usually is.

Statistically, the chances of a wolf not being in the top 5 will be low. Especially since I'd believe the wolves would be actively be campaigning for any scenario that gives them a better chance at getting into that group.

The flip side though is it gives the seer information to work with; who wins the prize, how do they use it, does the group of five all say they didn't win (in which case, is someone lying).

I'm not massively comfortable with how regimented it's turning, BUT I do always think the more information the village gets, the better, and this method will give us plenty of information to work with.

Whats the argument for keeping the numbers secret, so that the wolves cant coordinate against our plan?

I take it allowing everyone to pick their own number is a definite no no?

I think anyone who is available should pick a unique number regardless. We’ve got to cover as many angles as possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So Steve’s plan would make it

Katie 1
    Abigail 2
    Gertrude 3
    Eva 4
    Conor 5

So we all be here for 1230? Anyone changing their mind?

I think anyone who is available should pick a unique number regardless. We’ve got to cover as many angles as possible.

Yeah but our whole plan falls apart if there is a wolf in the first 5 posters. Maybe not. If there is a wolf in there and they do win, hopefully they get a prize that has to be used publicly and we can see how they use it. Maybe not though.

Best bet is for us to try to cover off 1-5 and let everyone else guess a random number.

That being said, if any of our top 5 do win, they bear serious scrutiny.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    So we all be here for 1230? Anyone changing their mind?

Fine by me, although, i would obviously prefer to get #1.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I’m here but have nothing to add. My head is fried by the whole thing. If anyone wants to give me a number for either goldrush I’m available, if not I’ll go high.

@eva

I’m working on the assumption that the first competition is the only one that the wolfs are eligible to win whilst Ellsworth is alive. A wolf being No1 is a chance we have to take.

Does anyone have a different theory.

Also, might be worth ya all reading the roles again from the OP. Powers are in play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

@eva

I’m working on the assumption that the first competition is the only one that the wolfs are eligible to win whilst Ellsworth is alive. A wolf being No1 is a chance we have to take.

Does anyone have a different theory.

Also, might be worth ya all reading the roles again from the OP. Powers are in play.

Do the wolf’s not have the opportunity to win every time, until they actually win one? That was my reading of it.

Do we need Katie to confirm she can do 12.30, likewise with Eva and Gertie

Angus WW wrote: »
    Do the wolf’s not have the opportunity to win every time, until they actually win one? That was my reading of it.

Wolves could theoretically win every single Goldrush, they're only eligibile for one prize though while Ellsworth is alive.

It's pretty clear in the rules tbh.

• Advertisement

There is no scenario where anyone needs to try guess a high number. The highest number is only applicable if we ALL tie more than one number.

The clauses around draws and high/low numbers only matter if we all lump onto (for example) #1. The wording around the highest number is, id imagine, in case there is more than one tied number, so the mods have declared that if half of us jump on #1, and half jump on #2, it will be a rand between those on #2.

Everyone not in the first 5 posters list should guess low between 5 and 20 or something like that. But dont declare it, imo.

I could be wrong, but i think that covers us, gives us a good chance of winning, and doesnt allow the wolves to coordinate a cakewalk to the prize.

Just one win but can cancel out someone else’s number. I’m confusing myself the more times I read it

Argh!

Angus WW wrote: »

Mine too, they can only win once while that dude is alive

Just to declare, im good for 1230 to choose #4

Yeah but our whole plan falls apart if there is a wolf in the first 5 posters. Maybe not. If there is a wolf in there and they do win, hopefully they get a prize that has to be used publicly and we can see how they use it. Maybe not though.

I guess in theory....

We pick our five (I think we should pick 6 but that doesn't seem to be generating steam).

We know someone in that six wins. If everyone says they didn't, there's a chance there's a wolf in that pack of five.

We've got a few power players then who can start examining that group of five quickly, working through them.

There's a fair chance that the set up does give the wolves a prize. But if a wolf wins a prize and then doesn't use it with village consensus, it puts a target on them too.

There's a chance the wolves might stay hidden and decide not to put themselves forward into the group of six, so they can stay away from the power players. But then that means the village 100% win the prize.

I dont understand the point of picking 6.

If any of the wolves & sk move off #1-5, then one of our chose 5 win the prize. There are only 4 wolves and 1 sk, so no need to grab 6 with a nominated person, i think.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    If we were to go with current availability we’re looking at

Barbara 2
    Conor 1
    Holly 4
    Angus 5
    Vernon 3

For the lunch gold and then rotate by 1 for the evening, either add or subtract one from everyone’s

Just trying to catch up as I’m only up! I wasn’t necessarily thinking that the two groups would be the same. I was thinking we’d be lucky to get 5 for each one today TBH.

Also, I’m available today for both.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Don't think that's Desmond's plan at all. Wasn't his original one to switch up the players each turn rather than keeping the same five.

I'm sorry but it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be available all the time. RL and all that.

That was it in a nutshell. And

tumblr_mc6inmSyiZ1qbvj0oo1_500.gif?1461072568

So Steve’s plan would make it

Katie 1
    Abigail 2
    Gertrude 3
    Eva 4
    Conor 5

Vernon, why did you take Phil out of the top 5 first posters?

I dont understand the point of picking 6.

If any of the wolves & sk move off #1-5, then one of our chose 5 win the prize. There are only 4 wolves and 1 sk, so no need to grab 6 with a nominated person, i think.

Oh actually, yeah, I get the math now.

If they all lump on 1-5, then anyone else winning would be a villager. I was thinking we'd want to control who the sixth is, but in that scenario, anyone 6 onwards would be good.

• Advertisement

And thats assuming that the wolves and sk coordinate their numbers. I dont know if they can/will.

Advertisement