Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

We need Katie and Gerti to confirm they are available, otherwise it’s into Des and Mary.

I think Phil said he was out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

So are we going to go with Steves order of play or assign the 1-19. Just lock one in and go with it at this stage, I'm gonna go have a flick through Derrys posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

However we need to be nailed on sure what we are doing soon.

From previous experience trying to get 5 players to coordinate is like trying to herd cats.

If we are doing nominate 5 people, we need to decide and get firm committments. Plan will fall together if we dont.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Vernon, why did you take Phil out of the top 5 first posters?

Because Barbara has him as unavailable for the competition.

I’m happy to go up to 6 if need be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

However we need to be nailed on sure what we are doing soon.

From previous experience trying to get 5 players to coordinate is like trying to herd cats.

If we are doing nominate 5 people, we need to decide and get firm committments. Plan will fall together if we dont.

And on that note...

pHXPk4m.gif?noredirect

I'm out till later. *Drops Mic*

Will be around for the second competition though

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Derry... strange choice.

I didn't want to point it out but listing those available was just putting a bullseye on anyone's back if they weren't a wolf. Lowers the available pool for today :/

Why was it a strange choice Brendan?

Please tell me why you believe its strange?

Vernon = wolf imo.

Charming!

Im not going to go on about it for now (before the competition), and i have my reasons beyond the leaving Phil out thing (which is explained and fair enough), but im putting that there for later in case someone wins a shot and kills me.

Open to having my mind changed Vern, so please keep posting.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Morning all!

I've been trying to find somewhere to watch Deadwood but I can only getting partial clips on youtube. :(

I don't, but it looks like I can get a 14 day free trial. Sunday viewing sorted!
    I'm quite enjoying Gertrude's narration. Keep swigging back the laudanum Gerty - tell us what happens next.

But they don't have a backroom with the SK so can't coordinate on what number to pick.

Presumably, on the goldrush, we could agree what numbers for everyone to pick and we'd have a 26.3% chance of picking a wolf tomorrow (unless the SK has already killed, in which case it would be a 27.8% chance).

The wolves could then coordinate and pick the same numbers to block, but only the first 4 numbers. The SK could choose to block the fifth number, but we'd still choose to pick independent numbers so could guarantee a village win unless we'd chosen a wolf.

If we'd chosen a wolf, they'd presumably choose to let that person win for the prize, and we'd know a wolf was in the first 5 chosen.

Alternatively, they could choose to block themselves, at least on the first day, but how long would they keep that strategy up for?
    But if you were the SK, you could assume the wolves would take the first 4 numbers. Not sure what that would get you... Unless the village tags a wolf or SK in the first 5 numbers, you can't do anything other than block or try for competing for the tied highest number.

I'm working today but available to operate the goldrush at the same time from the looks of things.

Goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

And 2.5 more hours to argue over it. :D

There they all are, little interaction but nothing striking apart from trying to pick stats on gold rush game.

• Advertisement

What was the point in that Holly? Derry was NRV.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    We need Katie and Gerti to confirm they are available, otherwise it’s into Des and Mary.

I think Phil said he was out

When do we make the call to plug Des and Mary in?

Des and Mary, can ye confirm ye are ok to standby?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

What was Steve’s plan? If I’m bad remember I could of discussed this plan with my mates and whatever other strategies are being added to my plan could of been a ruse.

There is one baddy who peeks good once so they can be a bit bolder. I say this because I’m happy to choose the 5 and tell the seer to peak me but if I was this baddy I would have that fallback. Remember the baddies can really only win it once and affect nothing else until Ellsworth is dead. So even if I was bad all I can do is win it once for baddies until then. If I’m good I can at least try to lead us in the right direction.

I would pick me for first goal rush (cause I know I’m good) and if I win would announce the result on thread so we know exactly how the prize is given. This means a wolf would have to announce it quickly on thread before concocting a plan. So let’s say, for example , we have all 1/5 announce on thread that they have submitted numbers by 12.45 and prize is given at 12.50, i announce it on thread and we know the prize is given out pretty quickly. Otherwise a wolf could wok prize, have a chat with their mates and come up with a plan...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    1. Katie
    2. Abigail
    3. Gertrude
    4. Phil
    5. Steve
    6. Eva
    7. Conor
    8. Mary
    9. Desmond
    DEAD Derry
    10.Tegan
    11. Barbara
    12. Vernon
    13. Brendan
    14. Holly
    15. Ewan
    16. Orla
    17. Wendy
    18. Angus

Copied the list in order of posts. Who we missing and how do we compensate for people not available? Steve suggestion has merit just concious of those who said they aren't available

Frank here. Think I'm the only one missing from that list.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I'm around to step in if needed for this 1-5 business, otherwise I'll stay away from those numbers.

Conor WW wrote: »
    goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Holly WW wrote: »
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Wendy’s availability for gold rush Monday

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

giphy.gif
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm afraid I've already got commitments tomorrow (hence why I mentioned the possibility tomorrow), as the picture show is coming through town and I've made prior arrangements with a belle.

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

I'd imagine wolves would love to get their names into the equation to be honest. They'll want to win, and would love to get themselves an unopposed lower number, right?
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Oops looks like I’m a bit late to the party....sorry everyone.

I’m really tired and don’t know if it’s that, or I’m just stupid, but I’m not understanding the gold rush strategies at all! I will be around tomorrow though and would love if someone would just assign me a number :D

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Katie WW wrote: »
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No (could if required; will be in a meeting but could phone post)
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes
    Steve WW wrote: »
    #goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - No
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - No

I’m working today but will be available for both the next two days. I might make the 4.30 one but can’t guarantee so you guys go ahead with whoever is available today and if I do make it on I’ll choose a higher number.
    Tegan WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Im working today but I'll be around for first one.

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And/or
    16.30 - 17.29 - No
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Morning all

Should be around for the comps

#goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

Not sure I’m getting how we’re doing it though. Is it players give a number to other players to use?
    I'm working today but available to operate the goldrush at the same time from the looks of things.

Goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

I think these are all the goldrush people? Anybody missed?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Oh actually, yeah, I get the math now.

If they all lump on 1-5, then anyone else winning would be a villager. I was thinking we'd want to control who the sixth is, but in that scenario, anyone 6 onwards would be good.

That’s why I chose 5. Couldn’t work out why there was a push for 6.

#1 - katie - not confirmed
    #2 - abi - confirmed & available
    #3 - gertie - not confirmed
    #4 - eva - confirmed & available
    #5 - conor - confirmed & available

backups

mary - not confirmed
    des - not confirmed
    Tegan - not confirmed
    Babs - not confirmed

Is that right?

If so, i want to slot in some backups for Katie and Gertie. Its better we have #1-5 covered off than leave them open.

Briefly back.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Why was it a strange choice Brendan?

Please tell me why you believe its strange?

Just thought there might be more obvious choices tbh. Des with his plans, shut down another high poster.
    What was Steve’s plan? If I’m bad remember I could of discussed this plan with my mates and whatever other strategies are being added to my plan could of been a ruse.

There is one baddy who peeks good once so they can be a bit bolder. I say this because I’m happy to choose the 5 and tell the seer to peak me but if I was this baddy I would have that fallback. Remember the baddies can really only win it once and affect nothing else until Ellsworth is dead. So even if I was bad all I can do is win it once for baddies until then. If I’m good I can at least try to lead us in the right direction.

I would pick me for first goal rush (cause I know I’m good) and if I win would announce the result on thread so we know exactly how the prize is given. This means a wolf would have to announce it quickly on thread before concocting a plan. So let’s say, for example , we have all 1/5 announce on thread that they have submitted numbers by 12.45 and prize is given at 12.50, i announce it on thread and we know the prize is given out pretty quickly. Otherwise a wolf could wok prize, have a chat with their mates and come up with a plan...

Well that's not entirely true though Desmond, and I'm wondering now are you being a bit TOO obvious if I'm honest.

You could be George trying to goad the seer into peeking you. From my reading of the OP that would work out as a 1 for 1 trade but would take out a powerful villager.

Not sure I trust your intentions given you seem to know a lot about the OP but left out that little snippet if I'm entirely honest.

@Des; im in for both times.

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    What was the point in that Holly? Derry was NRV.

I know that, thought there might be a reason or an interaction that meant Derry got the chop. I dont see one

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

My plan was the first 5 posters in the thread we use for 5 people. Taking into account people who aren’t available, so the next available person on that list.

Lock down who the 5 people who will definitely be here for it, everyone has their number and has to declare if they win. If nobody does then as Phil said we have something for the seer to work with.

Do you think we will find out the winning number after?

backups

mary - not confirmed
    des - not confirmed
    Tegan - not confirmed
    Babs - not confirmed

Is that right?

If so, i want to slot in some backups for Katie and Gertie. Its better we have #1-5 covered off than leave them open.

ok i see Katie isnt around for the first goldrush.

so....

#1 - mary - not confirmed (please confirm now)
    #3 - gertie - not confirmed (please confirm now)

The above people guess the number beside their name. Everyone else guess between 6 and 20.

backups

mary - not confirmed
    des - not confirmed
    Tegan - not confirmed
    Babs - not confirmed

Is that right?

I'm here aswell but lower down the list, can step in if required

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Briefly back.

Just thought there might be more obvious choices tbh. Des with his plans, shut down another high poster.

Well that's not entirely true though Desmond, and I'm wondering now are you being a bit TOO obvious if I'm honest.

You could be George trying to goad the seer into peeking you. From my reading of the OP that would work out as a 1 for 1 trade but would take out a powerful villager.

Not sure I trust your intentions given you seem to know a lot about the OP but left out that little snippet if I'm entirely honest.

If I’m the biggest baddy why would I bother being so public about my intentions? If the seer dies I die because I’ve telegraphed it to everybody. In short the benefit of that power to Hearst is that the seer dies if the peak him and nobody knows who he is!

And you find it suspect that I read or undertake the OP? Why? Prey do tell why this is dodgy. Accusing anybody of being suspect for such a flimsy reason can stick in people’s minds in the negative.

If I’m the biggest baddy why would I bother being so public about my intentions? If the seer dies I die because I’ve telegraphed it to everybody. In short the benefit of that power to Hearst is that the seer dies if the peak him and nobody knows who he is!

And you find it suspect that I read or undertake the OP? Why? Prey do tell why this is dodgy. Accusing anybody of being suspect for such a flimsy reason can stick in people’s minds in the negative.

Twisting words now and very defensive. Interesting.

Your big spiel included all this talk about one unpeekable (on first go) person but left out the possibility of George pulling a fast one to nab the seer.

You need to read the George role again btw ;) Now I need to determine if you're leaving certain things out by mistake (not likely) or by design.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I like the idea of a quick reveal

I would be happy with Des to get No.1, at the moment he’s the most likely to a villager, his strategy is town friendly from what I can make out

I thought it was strange that Phil was posting here at 11.33 but was adamant he couldn’t be here for 12.30.

I also think we should stick with the same five for the second round, the village will learn more from that. In fact you could probably stick with those five while they’re available, while prizes are still be awarded and while we feel the town is getting the benefit of the prizes

Steve WW wrote: »
    My plan was the first 5 posters in the thread we use for 5 people. Taking into account people who aren’t available, so the next available person on that list.

Lock down who the 5 people who will definitely be here for it, everyone has their number and has to declare if they win. If nobody does then as Phil said we have something for the seer to work with.

Do you think we will find out the winning number after?

Hmm, from my POV that could be a manipulation to make sure wolves win first goldrush. But I’m not cleared so I suppose to everybody else it’s as legit as me picking.

Incidentally to make sure it’s all above board whoever gets the prizes today need to back each other up. By that I mean at most only one wolf can win a prize so when both people win the prize they need to confirm on thread, as much as they can, about how the prize was given.

So people who PM NUMBERS confirm on thread. Then person with prize confirms time they receive it and whatever information they can about it. Then we know how long it it takes for prize to be given. Gives a wolf less time to plan with their pack!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

backups

mary - not confirmed
    des - not confirmed
    Tegan - not confirmed
    Babs - not confirmed

Is that right?

Happy to be a backup if needed

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

backups

mary - not confirmed
    des - not confirmed
    Tegan - not confirmed
    Babs - not confirmed

Is that right?

I’m available if needed, just let me know the number to pick. Bit mad in rl this morning but I can check in in time to cover this if I’m needed

Advertisement