Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

• 13-04-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭

Cant think of the term for it but i cant keep my mouth open when my tongue is touched and when I'm getting work done I need too get Gas for them too complete it

I need too get work done and dont have a medical card and VHI dont cover the gas.

Is there any possibility of getting my work done without the gas with my condition as it would work out cheaper ??. I still feel the needle and sensation of the work been done. Id be afraid without the gas if my tongue is touched my mouth will automatically shut??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Can you be more specific?

Do you have a gag reflex?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had too get an emergency check up today and it went fine without the gas. Had too get a lower broken tooth out which was infected and decayed. Still a bit of the root left and going back tomorrow too get that taken out

Sore now

So they took out a tooth which was broke but wasant what was causing the pain so went back out today and got a root canal done on the tooth which was causing the pain. Didn't feel any pain during the procedure

Mouth numb atm and hoping this sorts out the pain once and for all

The anaesthetic has wore off and I'm still experiencing the same throbbing pain from the tooth even after getting the root canal done ?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

how much did it cost? dentistry can be so expensive!

• Advertisement

how much did it cost? dentistry can be so expensive!

€135 for sundays extraction/x ray etc
    €70 for mondays root canal but i think it's going to be done in stages leading up too €270. Had a stage 2 today a short clean out as I still have the infection there

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Any update? How are your teeth now? Do you mind me asking was it due to neglect (not brushing/flossing/mouth wash etc) that caused the discomfort.

Any update? How are your teeth now? Do you mind me asking was it due to neglect (not brushing/flossing/mouth wash etc) that caused the discomfort.

Sore enough as on Friday I discovered a bit of bone left from the tooth that was taken out and they had too remove that which was very sore as it was very deep. The root canal one is coming along slowly. It is hard too eat some foods atm cause the mouth is still sore

Yeah it was a mix of neglect and not getting it done sooner. Fear and cost factor too. I'd be stubborn like most men and wont go seek help til the pain gets unbearable. Only so much pain killers can do

Advertisement