Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris-Roubaix 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Where's Carlton today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lampaert looks good but I think Sagan will win

Gilbert going for it

Politt had his Weetabix this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Sagan in trouble it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,683 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sep Vanmarcke keeps going despite puncture.

Not a puncture

Unregistered Users

Right. But something's wrong with a bike anyway.

Edit: stopped for replacement. No win for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Sagan dropped by Lampaert, he's just not been right this season. Have to fancy Gilbert now

I'd like to see Politt win (controversial I know)

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

4th Monument for Gilbert!

Time for MSR now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Have to feel for Vanmarke and WvA. Both looked very strong but punctures/bike changes did them in

Didn't think Gilbert had it in him anymore, had looked like age was catching up with him this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I find it amazing that no teammates dropped back to help WVA each time he had to get back on. He was for me the strongest until things went wrong.
    Or were they were there to help him?

dahat wrote: »
    I find it amazing that no teammates dropped back to help WVA each time he had to get back on. He was for me the strongest until things went wrong.
    Or were they were there to help him?

There were definitely two Jumbo riders in the main group when WvA was trying to get back on after his crash. They could have dropped one of the riders back.

There were definitely two Jumbo riders in the main group when WvA was trying to get back on after his crash. They could have dropped one of the riders back.

For sure it cost WVA a podium, he'll be very disappointed when the dust settles.

100 riders were given a finish time, with 10 more riders classified as over the time limit. Ryan Mullen finished 96th.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

4 pages for the greatest race of the year..... disappointing.

Delighted for Gilbert. One of my favourite cyclists over the last 15 years, all heart, never sat on a wheel and sand bagged in his life. Brilliant.

Pollit will be win Paris Rounaix and Flanders soon. What a beast.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

You just knew Gilbert had Pollit's number - the German needed to try to lead him out from 2-3kms out.....taking him into a sprint in the velodrome was never going to end well for him

Great race, enjoyed Eurosport's coverage since 10:00 this morning - maybe not quite as much excitement as other years in terms of incidents, but great racing nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

there isnt many races that you can sit through for six hours and be glued to it..from the gun they raced it..wave after wave of attacks..notting sticking..lined out to the last..crosswinds/headwinds..the dust off the cobbles,guys startinng to feel the pressure and the crashes come..its just a pure and utter brutal bike race and a sunday in hell is so apt for it..gilbert was a worthy winner today...van aert put in a serious ride today considering he was on the backfoot through sheer bad luck..a young man who will have his day.

Van Aert is an unbelievably impressive and talented rider. Only 24 so hopefully can win some classics in the years to come.

• Advertisement

Nils Pillit only 25 ish as well, savage ride from him but as said earlier he should have gone for a long one 2 km out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

What happened to Sagan? He just looked like he ran out of gas. Something's up with him. Great race today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

LennoxR wrote: »
    What happened to Sagan? He just looked like he ran out of gas. Somehting's up with him. Great race today though.

yeah i thought it was very strange the way he blew up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Between Sagan and kettel having poor starts to the year it's weird

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

yeah i thought it was very strange the way he blew up.

He seemed to be going really well, looked like he was just biding his time, then boom, collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Sagan was fifth in Paris Roubaix today. Kittel was dropped on the flat last week in a race he has won five times previously. Hardly fair to compare the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Sagan was fifth in Paris Roubaix today. Kittel was dropped on the flat last week in a race he has won five times previously. Hardly fair to compare the two.

Didn't Sagan blow up a few weeks back too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Didn't Sagan blow up a few weeks back too?

He’s been in the top 10 in most of the classics he’s started. He’s off form, but hardly finished. He was sick early in the season and is starting to regain fitness.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Think kittels having personal issues away from cycling. Was something from him on Twitter the other day

Advertisement