Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris-Roubaix 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Brian? wrote: »
    He’s been in the top 10 in most of the classics he’s started. He’s off form, but hardly finished. He was sick early in the season and is starting to regain fitness.

Sorry I just had a look back and can't for the life of me remember why I thought Sagan had a few blow outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Sagan himself said he was happy with the race. It does maybe look like he's struggling to get over illness. That would explain the apparent loss of energy in the last 15 km. To be fair he rode really well up until Gilbert's last attack.
    It was good, it was just you know… I did a great race, but in the end, I missed some energy in the final. I did a lot before, and after I miss it,” Sagan said outside his team bus after taking a shower to clean the mud from his face. “In the end I was missing a little bit, maybe I did a bit too much work earlier on and the lacked a bit in the end. But it’s always very hard against two strong riders like Lampaert and Gilbert. I don’t know exactly what happened. In the end I was quite empty in the legs,” explained Sagan. “If I had a better day, it might have been different, but I did my best I’m happy with that.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/peter-sagan-i-missed-some-energy-in-paris-roubaix-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

LennoxR wrote: »
    Sagan himself said he was happy with the race. It does maybe look like he's struggling to get over illness. That would explain the apparent loss of energy in the last 15 km. To be fair he rode really well up until Gilbert's last attack.

I think a lot of other riders have gotten faster - it's been mentioned that the speeds for races in general have increased - very questionable stuff in my opinion.
    Even yesterday was a very quick race even though there was strong headwinds.

Advertisement