Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choosing an estate agent

Options
  • 14-04-2019 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

There seem's to be a new breed of estate agent across Dublin the past few years, a couple of agency's we wont name anyone but they are after getting more houses to sell, and move them quickly. Cheap looking, blasting flyers through doors constantly.

I've got a gripe a nagging suspicion that local agent's around the edge of dublin and commuter town's are restricting viewings on sellers, and taking the opportunity to sell both the buyers house and the sellers house, so on so on.

Seeing 5 or 6 property's in a property chain for the same agent is statistically impossible.

I am looking at one example today, a dublin agent swooped in to sell a house in Navan, got 40,000 more than the house next door, after the house next door was held up 8 months by a local agent who buyer was also having his sale sold by the same agent and was waiting for the sale to go through.

now in fairness the dublin agent that sold it is dodgy as hell, and I had experienced him in 2007 having a bid of 100k more from a buyer who suddenly disappeared and wanted the last highest bid on a property before the person pulled out. So maybe that was the 40k increase this time too.

After further investigation it ended up 4 houses where in that chain.

What do you think? What am I missing? Are some people getting screwed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

One could write books about EA's dodgy practices. The market is in a desperate need of a disruptive player who would offer some transparency and shake up the playground.

Take a look at the moovingo, seems very promising and at a fraction of a traditional EA's costs
    https://www.moovingo.com/

All genuine offers transparent, no info withdrawn, seller always aware of buyers being interested in his property (unlike with traditional EA who would often not disclose offers to the seller).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Regarding the last post in this thread, has anyone used Moovingo? Would be interesting to hear feedback.

Advertisement