Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Getting tickets for Kerry v Mayo has turned into a lot of fun

It’s a shambles. What is the issue do you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭C__MC

Oh God Cahill is rot tbf
    Terrible presenter asking pointless questions
    Give me dara o cinnede please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A guy in work said it's demand vrs capacity which has caused headaches in making tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

in defense of the clare meath game today , it was a really good game , the reason for all the missed pass , hand pass and even kick pass's was because as someone said on the clare thread derek o mahoney was using the 1950s rule book of anything goes in the tackle , as a clare man i willl admit we were lucky not to get 2 or 3 black cards and even a red card for an off the ball between ben brennan and cian o'dea

guys were looking over there shoulders waiting to get hit before receiving a pass, clare are a big side with a chippy attitude like meath so it was not a great watch for neutrals , but the level of long range scores and kicking from distance was excellent ,

marty morrissey made the game sound like a funeral he should never be given clare football games as he is too closely attached to the side and was more interested in how we perform then doing his job

was at the game watched it back on rte looked terrible on tv but was a really good game and meath will be a tough nut to crack in the super 8s especially when james mcintee comes back

Tbh windy myself and a good few others on here really enjoyed that game yesterday. The points taken by Clare at certain stages of the match were outrageous. I was sick that ye lost. Here's to the continued rise of Banner football in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Too many season ticket holders from Mayo which will need to be looked after first. And rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Too many season ticket holders from Mayo which will need to be looked after first. And rightly so.

I don't think "too many" is the correct way to state that. :)

How hard is it to research even a small bit when you know a recent high-profile manager is the guest for the night? Or are the older heads exempt from doing a bit of prep work?
    Thats RTE for you. Basic research is beyond them.

Yep, RTE set the bar particularly low for their punditry/analysis teams in most sports. Take a look at any of the soccer games whenever there's a big international tournament taking place. Liam Brady is absolutely robbing a living with the gig he has.............."well we don't know much about the Chile team, Bill...."

Would it kill you to take a look at the wikipedia page for 5 minutes before you come on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Olpiy

SeaFields wrote: »
    A guy in work said it's demand vrs capacity which has caused headaches in making tickets available.

Surely the Kerry v Mayo game should be made moved to Limerick to cope with the demand for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Olpiy wrote: »
    Surely the Kerry v Mayo game should be made moved to Limerick to cope with the demand for tickets.

But all county's are guaranteed 1 home game....

Kerry would have to voluntarily give up their home game for that to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭munster87

Killarney or nowhere! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Horsebox4

Olpiy wrote: »

:) I'd say about 15k each from both Counties, Killarney is well big enough. I think the hold up is about how many tickets they can provide due to recent upgrades behind the town goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Capacity in Killarney for one match is capped at 30,000. For a double header it's 40,000.

The game will sell out at 30,000 but not 40,000. They could find a curtain raiser to make an extra 10k available.

Also, tickets initially for sale (or at least viewable online) were for General Admission. This would cause chaos around the stadium on matchday as people would descend on the ground from all directions. Previously, for busy Munster Finals, tickets were divided into Green/Blue/Red Terrace and Stand tickets, to filter the crowd on entry.

Health and Safety seems to be the main issue. Season tickets would have been a number the GAA would have been able to approximate well in advance of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

Hearing that a terrace ticket for MacCumhaill Park this Sunday is €25 but for a terrace ticket for Croke Park it’s on €20. What is it for Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Capacity in Killarney for one match is capped at 30,000. For a double header it's 40,000.

What's the logic behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

john9876 wrote: »
    What's the logic behind that?

Based on the arrival of people from what I've seen. If it's one match, the thought process is that most will arrive together at the one time. With two games, some will arrive earlier for the first match, reducing the crowd entering at any one time. Not sure if that's accurate but have seen it mentioned in a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Based on the arrival of people from what I've seen. If it's one match, the thought process is that most will arrive together at the one time. With two games, some will arrive earlier for the first match, reducing the crowd entering at any one time. Not sure if that's accurate but have seen it mentioned in a few places.

Makes sense as a lot of the issues re H&S reduced capacities have to do with entrance and exit problems, not the actual capacity

This reduced capacity stuff is all BS. I can’t think of any health and safety incidents that have warranted the recent reductions in capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

doc_17 wrote: »
    This reduced capacity stuff is all BS. I can’t think of any health and safety incidents that have warranted the recent reductions in capacity.

The head of Health & Safety for Sheffield Wednesday in 1989 would have said the same.

BPKS wrote: »

The head of Health & Safety for Sheffield Wednesday in 1989 would have said the same.

Bonkers comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wasn't the overcrowding in the old Paric Ui Chaoimh a few years ago at a match Between Cork and Tipp that ended with crowd on the pitch behind the goal for the 70 minutes?

• Advertisement

Can't remember exact year but Munster Final bout 8/9ish years ago. Terrace became overcrowded in killarney and people were let out on to sidelines. Since then colour coding and stewards on terrace became norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

General admission in the Hyde on Saturday = €25. Just general admission available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Hearing that a terrace ticket for MacCumhaill Park this Sunday is €25 but for a terrace ticket for Croke Park it’s on €20. What is it for Killarney?

yes I think its €25 general admission for Donegal, Killarney and Rosscommon and €20 (terrace( 25 (stand) for Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

BPKS wrote: »

Wise up.

Kerry Mayo tickets finally purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

yep tickets back up on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Barlett

They've removed the link again - got mine but it's very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Wise up.

People who run events at GAA stadium are mostly in volunteer roles. They would not be professionals in Health & Safety.

The GAA rightly got a professional engineering firm to carry out audits and advise on capacity based on turnstiles, exits, crush barriers and so on.

Thats is what the capacities are based on.

My point is that everybody is wise after the event but before all you hear is "H&S BS" etc - if you read Phil Scratons book on the Hillsborough disaster you will see how the organisational deficiencies were the main causes of the disaster.

Barlett wrote: »
    They've removed the link again - got mine but it's very strange

What they at? Lucky I got in on that 10 mins window.

Be easier get into Wonka Factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Im only saying what ive been told by someone who works in the field. Maybe the fact there have been no recent issues says something? There were certainly potential issues back in the 80's and 90's in Hyde, Tuam and Croke Park that i can remember off the top of my head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement