Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Why is terrace in Croke Park cheaper than other venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Because Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

Because Dublin use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

To allow for the extra travel expenses incurred by the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We make so much money off the AIG deal that we like to give back to the loyal supporters by subsidising the tickets for them. Obvs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Reduction for only entering 10 minutes into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Makes sense as a lot of the issues re H&S reduced capacities have to do with entrance and exit problems, not the actual capacity

Yea that's always been the way. Capacity is less the amount of people you can get into a venue, more it's how many people you can get into and out of a venue in a certain time frame: I know a number of years ago the ground had to capable of being cleared in 8 minutes (as a guideline), I don't know what it is now.

However, these reports and audits can be used to serve all types of agendas. A lot of BS around Hyde Park in recent years, Connacht Council happy to see the capacity being driven down to suit its own purposes it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,806 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BPKS wrote: »
    doc_17 wrote: »
    This reduced capacity stuff is all BS. I can’t think of any health and safety incidents that have warranted the recent reductions in capacity.

The head of Health & Safety for Sheffield Wednesday in 1989 would have said the same.
    Ah there had been issues prior to that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Yea that's always been the way. Capacity is less the amount of people you can get into a venue, more it's how many people you can get into and out of a venue in a certain time frame: I know a number of years ago the ground had to capable of being cleared in 8 minutes (as a guideline), I don't know what it is now.

However, these reports and audits can be used to serve all types of agendas. A lot of BS around Hyde Park in recent years, Connacht Council happy to see the capacity being driven down to suit its own purposes it seems.

What BS and what agendas exactly? Oh and what do the Roscommon reps on the council have to say about this anti Hyde 'agenda'?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Would seem a relatively easy fix to improve/create more access points, is there planned work to improve them I wonder?

• Advertisement

Just looking at the fixtures for Group 1.

It's just belter after belter really. The addition of Mayo has really invigorated what would have been a drab mess with the Tribe in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

doc_17 wrote: »
    Hearing that a terrace ticket for MacCumhaill Park this Sunday is €25 but for a terrace ticket for Croke Park it’s on €20. What is it for Killarney?

It was €25 for the Westmeath/Cork hurling match, a ridiculous price for a stand alone game, there was about 3000 at the game probably 2500 from Cork. €10 in would have filled the ground and promoted the game more, but then that would have the sensible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Hilarious, we’re motoring along just fine. Cork will be looking like the division 3 side that they are on Saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭C__MC

The dubs will be out for revenge from that famous challenge game 6 weeks ago come Saturday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

Like he did when he came out with his “cyinical play “ article before the Armagh mayo match he is looking beyond their next match imo
    Eyeing Dublin in final/semi final
    A dangerous mentality if that is the mentality down there ...........

Here's to Mayo "cynically" thumping lumps off them on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Spillane better watch out, someone is trying to take his crown for the most annoying ex Kerry footballer.

Any chance some county might take him on as manager so we are spared his journalism.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

jmayo wrote: »
    Spillane better watch out, someone is trying to take his crown for the most annoying ex Kerry footballer.

Any chance some county might take him on as manager so we are spared his journalism.

He was doing some awful talking as well about the hogan cup, man loves to talk!

Jesus the ex Kerry footballers are something else

Opinionated or what, they are everywhere

Even some of the more least successful ones love to talk

• Advertisement

Dying to hear Tomás now on Morning Ireland on Friday morning.

Dying to hear Tomás now on Morning Ireland on Friday morning.

De dubs will beat cork yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Apologies if posted already, killarney capped at 31,900

https://twitter.com/cormicaneoghan/status/1148558533652357121?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Other than Cavan and Armagh there has been no draw in the championship so far has there?

Given whats a stake this weekend, I can see a draw this weekend - the obvious one being Kerry v Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

BPKS wrote:
    Other than Cavan and Armagh there has been no draw in the championship so far has there?

BPKS wrote:
    Given whats a stake this weekend, I can see a draw this weekend - the obvious one being Kerry v Mayo.

Few have gone to ET, Armagh/Down, Kildare/Longford

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I said Meath would do well to get within 10 points of Dublin in the Leinster final and it was needed for the future health of the Leinster Championship. We all know how that turned out!

Cork would also do well to get within 10 points of Dublin, especially once they start emptying the bench in the second half.

Hopefully Cork won't have the rabbit in headlights look about them. Meath are now essentially a division 1 side and Cork division 3. So its hard to see Cork doing that much better than Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

There's something in the Cork pyschie that sees them generally raise their game against other bigger counties
    I'm expecting a good performance from them v Dublin.

I cannot see how Roscommon can win now that Tyrone have returned to their defensive cover. Unless Roscommon keep it really tight all game and keep the scoring down then nab a late goal or something.

Can Mayo keep putting up good scores? At some stage their forwards will malfunction again, though have Kerry the defence capable of forcing this?

Meath don't have enough power to trouble Donegal who are are big team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Just checked with Paddy Power.

Cork to win 14/1
    Draw 33/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Cork will be thumped by 20 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Edgware wrote: »
    Just checked with Paddy Power.

Cork to win 14/1
    Draw 33/1