Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Pretty crappy that so many fans have left already
    That's because the whole championship is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Mokuba wrote: »
    Having a professional set up in an amateur sport has really told in the last few minutes.

Level playing fields are for losers.

i dont believe any of this is true , this is the best team dublin ever produced in truth they are playing a team that will operate in division 3 next year it was always on the cards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cluxton has made more saves tonight than so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    There's not a hope any team is beating them. Football is ruined.

And yet you still watch and come in here regularly to moan about the state of the game.

Off with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Slattsy wrote: »
    Division 3 team. Starting to show here. Getting embarrassing.

Of course . Not sure what people expected. Dublin are a phenomenal team no ones going to stop them. I just wanted to see Cork have a go and we did so i'm happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

6min additional time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its a good day better things to do.

I stupidly thought there might have been a game here tonight. That was stupid.

And yet you still watch and come in here regularly to moan about the state of the game.

Off with ya.
    Aaaaand this is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

6 mins , two more goals please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"There is no problem"
    "This is a once in a generation team".
    "In five years some other team will be winning all the time".

hmmm. Seems like the think it pretty much sewn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

doc_17 wrote: »
    No. And when there’s a minutes silence there’s always a minutes silence. Except in Croke Park when Dublin are playing. Because that’s what Dublin supporters see supporters do in the premier league.

Oh dear, the bitterness in that post is sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

..but would expect the Dublin fans to stay to the end

Edit - did they even bother to open the upper stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I'm shocked that so many went to it in the first place. wasn't ever competitive. Football is a real mess..

..but would expect the Dublin fans to stay to the end

Why tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

i dont believe any of this is true , this is the best team dublin ever produced in truth they are playing a team that will operate in division 3 next year it was always on the cards

Can you explain all the other championship games that Dublin have played in this year and last?

It's so obvious and people continue to deny it. Embarrassing stuff really.

They can easily win the next 5/10 All Irelands. When you have 20/30 million more than any other county how couldn't you be destroying everyone.

Fair play to the GAA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why tho?

To support, and respect their team.

5-14 from play impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

There's not a hope any team is beating them. Football is ruined.

Let it all out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Still going for goals Dublin, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dublin Supremacy - irresistible when the screw is turned

Great effort from Cork, really put it up to us for long stretches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Can you explain all the other championship games that Dublin have played in this year and last?

They can easily win the next 5/10 All Irelands. When you have 20/30 million more than any other county how couldn't you be destroying everyone.

Change the record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Strumms wrote: »
    Still going for goals Dublin, fair play.

Ah have you no mercy?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

At this rate you could almost move the entire football championship to Cork or Thurles.
    No ones gonna give a flying F about it for the foreseeable

Even the fans of the Dubs seem to have given up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cork will have learnt a lot playing against the best team ever. A good experience for them. Hope they enjoyed it. They had the right attitude. Kicked some nice scores.

The Drive for 5 has started well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Cork did as well as could be expected really. Their legs were gone for the goals in the last 10 minutes. Otherwise did well and certainly had more than their fair share of midfield for most of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

STB. wrote: »
    Change the record.

Reality hurts does it?

To support, and respect their team.

5-14 from play impressive.

I dont think the team will be upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I made this post earlier...
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    On this point - the core of the Dublin team have been around for the last 10 years I'm guessing - how many of the team are new players bursting onto the scene? This idea that funding is killing the championship takes away from the hard work these players have been putting in over the last decade.

How many Minor all Ireland Championships have Dublin won in the last 5years - none?, in the last 10 years -1? in the last 35 years - 1?

Junior Championship - Dublin have won it once in last 10 years, and once in the last 59 years?? I think Kerry have won it 4 years in a row.

Facts are clear, minor, junior teams aren't winning every championship in sight, - which shows money doesn't buy success - hard work is what is needed.

The Anti-Dublin brigade throw the money issue and say this is the reason... Money doesn't get these guys stronger/fitter/leaner them everyone else. It's hard work and hard work alone.

What is stopping the Cork lads hitting the gym and getting fit and stronger, what is stopping them getting their diet on point. You see they are tiring and not fit as the Dublin lads - hit the gym, get stronger, get the work rate right, don't make stupid mistakes, and then if your not good enough - then you re-evaluate and see where your at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭gaffer91

I think the neutral venue was a big help for Dublin today.

All jokes aside, the inter-county game is basically dead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gavin having a fairly casual chat with the linesman.

• Advertisement

Well, while this year's championship is virtually over, I couldn't be happier with the Cork performane. Playing against a team who should win the next 5 All-Ireland's with ease, and never giving up, is enough to take away with this. I'd fancy us against Tyrone and Roscommon, and let's go for Munster next year. Well done to the lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement