Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont think the team will be upset.

Ahh bless..

Ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Mokuba wrote: »
    Can you explain all the other championship games that Dublin have played in this year and last?

It's so obvious and people continue to deny it. Embarrassing stuff really.

They can easily win the next 5/10 All Irelands. When you have 20/30 million more than any other county how couldn't you be destroying everyone.

Fair play to the GAA though.

dublin have yet to play a team from division 1 in the championship this year to start with

they were put to the pin of there collars by mayo , kerry and tyrone in the past , donegal will put it up to them also

you cant compere teams like cork , louth meath or laois to the top 5 or 6 in the country there is an enormous gap between them 5 or 6 and everyone else in my opinion and dublin are the better of that 6 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Delighted for Dean Rock that he’s in such good form.

Nobody to stand in Dublin’s way again this year. A competition to see who’s 2nd best in the country once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Reality hurts does it?

Nope. Dublin fan. Love the begrudgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I made this post earlier...

The Anti-Dublin brigade throw the money issue and say this is the reason... Money doesn't get these guys stronger/fitter/leaner them everyone else. It's hard work and hard work alone.

What is stopping the Cork lads hitting the gym and getting fit and stronger, what is stopping them getting their diet on point, instead of having pints galore. -

When you have a set up behind the scenes akin to a Premier League English football team, while other teams have a set up behind the scenes akin to an amateur inter county GAA team, do you seriously think that has no impact?

Absolute rubbish tbh. Professional set up = professional level performances and fitness levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Must say Parnell Park looks well on the TV.

Absolute rubbish tbh. Professional set up = professional level performances and fitness levels.

Up to other counties to match them and stop whinging.

All of those lads have day jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Delighted with that goal tally. Cork put it up to them for best part of an hour but always felt they’d pull away by double figures.

MOTM for Jack...deserved. Player of the year if he continues this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I think they should just fast track the GAA football championship this year. Just have a Celebration Sunday in two weeks, where the Dubs just go down to Croke Park and pick up the tropy. And then we can petition to have the Rugby World Cup move forward a few weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork couldn't have done a whole lot more. Scoring 1-17 is a great achievement, playing a brand of football that mist other teams would be afraid to v Dublin.
    3 goals in a 4 minute spell- the first was the gift of the season, takes the shine off the performance and slants the scoreline somewhat.

Cork football is looking a lot better than it has done in years.

We will give Tyrone a good game and I dont think Roscommon will relish coming down the Páirc.

Now, bring in the hurling tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

When you have a set up behind the scenes akin to a Premier League English football team, while other teams have a set up behind the scenes akin to an amateur inter county GAA team, do you seriously think that has no impact?

Ok simple question to you - Why are the Dublin hurlers not winning Liam every year - the set up is the same, the population is the same.

There are Dublin players studying to be doctors, there are accountants, there are many professions - they have to study hard as well - your implying it's professional so all they do is train, and eat well, and basically player football, which is so far from the truth.

You sound bitter, and can't just accept what this core of Dublin players have done over the last 10 years -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cork couldn't have done a whole lot more. Scoring 1-17 is a great achievement, playing a brand of football that mist other teams would be afraid to v Dublin.
    3 goals in a 4 minute spell- the first was the gift of the season, takes the shine off the performance and slants the scoreline somewhat.

Cork football is looking a lot better than it has done in years.

We will give Tyrone a good game and I dont think Roscommon will relish coming down the Páirc.

Now, bring in the hurling tomorrow.
    Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭bennyl10

STB. wrote: »

If the other counties had the Same financial support it would be a lot easier to do so.
    Until the he imbalance is addressed this will keep happening.

This Dublin team is immensely talented, yes, but they have vastly more money, from the central pot, than anyone else!

This is going to keep happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Dunno if slaughtering a valiant but exhausted team simply because you are fitter and better resourced in terms of numbers is what I want to watch, going forward. Depressed after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,103 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It only seems to be people who aren't from Dublin who think the mighty dubs name is once again on the trophy this year. Anything can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Yeah, no issue, just give them the 20 million and I'm sure they will.

And allow them to play all their games at home!

Match that other counties!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dublin in Croke Park again next week is just wrong.There should be no Super 8 games in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

The Anti-Dublin brigade throw the money issue and say this is the reason... Money doesn't get these guys stronger/fitter/leaner them everyone else. It's hard work and hard work alone.

What is stopping the Cork lads hitting the gym and getting fit and stronger, what is stopping them getting their diet on point, instead of having pints galore. -

Good man there Ace. If you think the players of any county team are having ‘pints galore’ you haven’t a notion.

Also if memory serves me correctly, there was six players on the 2018 all Ireland winning team that weren’t on the 2015 team, certainly not the same team at all. That’s significantly different than the Kerry team that won four in row in 78-81 who had the same 15 in ‘81 as ‘78 with the exception of one injury enforced change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Generally within 30 mins of the training pitch and all work in professional environments where a lot have there own gym. That is in no way the same with a lot of other counties where long commutes to training is necessary.

A number of Clare players quit the panel this year and joined clubs in Dublin due to the commute. This is always something that is an oversight on the dubs advantages.

Edit: and neutral game next week my arse. Farcical that passed through Congress.

And jack MCCaffrey could claim to be the best athlete in Ireland. Phenomenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Sounds like Lance Armstrong on the podium in 2005. 'Hard work wins this race, there are no secrets, and I'm a fan of the tour for ever'!

• Advertisement

Dublin play again in Croke Park next week?
    Ah yes it’s not enough to have 15 million more, you also get the same stadium for home and neutral game.

Fairness

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If the other counties had the Same financial support it would be a lot easier to do so.
    Until the he imbalance is addressed this will keep happening.

This Dublin team is immensely talented, yes, but they have vastly more money, from the central pot, than anyone else!

This is going to keep happening!

Yeah boring at this stage.

Financial support my arse. Fit and very skillful team who obviously make the time to get that fit outside their day jobs. Total devotion.

Stop making excuses.

At least Cork gave it a go and with time they will be able to play at that level for the full 70s mins. They were right to change their style of play. It clearly worked for 60 mins or so.
    Sounds like Lance Armstrong on the podium in 2005. 'Hard work wins this race, there are no secrets, and I'm a fan of the tour for ever'!
    So you are suggesting that Dublin are using PEDs ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

The result was never in doubt. That Cork could play that well and still lose heavily is fairly concerning for the sport. The gap is now huge and it's also boring watching one team win so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Looking forward to Dublin's neutral game next we-.. oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dunno if slaughtering a valiant but exhausted team simply because you are fitter and better resourced in terms of numbers is what I want to watch, going forward. Depressed after watching that.

Fairly sure you said something similar last year, yet here we are..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ciaran Whelan trying to talk down Dublin's performance. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Time to bail out and leave the bitters to argue with themselves.

Goodnight and God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,103 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Great time to be a Dub, and long may it last!

Yeah boring at this stage.

Financial support my arse. Fit and very skillful team who obviously make the time to get that fit outside their day jobs. Total devotion.

Stop making excuses.

At least Cork gave it a go and with time they will be able to play at that level for the full 70s mins. They were right to change their style of play. It clearly worked for 60 mins or so.

So you are suggesting that Dublin are using PEDs ?

Where did anyone suggest PEDs?

They have a huge financial imbalance that benefits them. That almost 15million of course matters!

They get to play both home and neuitral games in the ones stadium, a luxury afforded to no one else.

But yes it’s very much a level playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That’s a ****ty comparison and/or implication.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement