Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Slattsy wrote: »
    Fairly sure you said something similar last year, yet here we are..

Look my friend, if you are not concerned for the game in general after watching that, then you are no Gael. I am not even angry anymore, just ****ing depressed. I can't see anybody tackling the problem until the house has burned down.
    But carry on...enjoy your victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ok simple question to you - Why are the Dublin hurlers not winning Liam every year - the set up is the same, the population is the same.

There are Dublin players studying to be doctors, there are accountants, there are many professions - they have to study hard as well - your implying it's professional so all they do is train, and eat well, and basically player football, which is so far from the truth.

You sound bitter, and can't just accept what this core of Dublin players have done over the last 10 years -

Yes. What the Dubs have and have achieved isn’t handed to them on a plate, hard work and attention to detail is the investment and they are reaping the rewards of that. Their players, medical team, supporters, support staff and indeed everyone involved with the setup have these goals and that is only matched by determination and skill we see on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

STB. wrote: »
    Yeah boring at this stage.

Financial support my arse. Fit and very skillful team who obviously make the time to get that fit outside their day jobs. Total devotion.

Stop making excuses.

At least Cork gave it a go and with time they will be able to play at that level for the full 70s mins. They were right to change their style of play. It clearly worked for 60 mins or so.

dublin beat a team from division 2 soon to be division 3 by 12 points , of course its all down to money :rolleyes:

according to some posts , if every county had 20 million to spend on there gyms leitrim or carlow would even be able to produce a team full of brian fentons , james mccarthys , cormac costello's and dean rock's ect... crazy argument

• Registered Users Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dunno if slaughtering a valiant but exhausted team simply because you are fitter and better resourced in terms of numbers is what I want to watch, going forward. Depressed after watching that.

Depressed! There is more to life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭C__MC

Let's compare Dublin hurling from now and 2004
    That's your answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

dublin beat a team from division 2 soon to be division 3 by 12 points , of course its all down to money :rolleyes:

according to some posts , if every county had 20 million to spend on there gyms leitrim or carlow would even be able to produce a team full of brian fentons , james mccarthys , cormac costello's and dean rock's ect... crazy argument
    Any county with long term investment has the possibility of doing it. It's a combination of facilities, services and general conditions offered to players that builds superstars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

You ignored my question about all the other teams they have played this year and last?

Meath were promoted to Division 1 since that seems to matter to you so much. Can you recall the score in that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

You are right, it is population not money. Break them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably the greatest team ever and barely 30k come out to see them go for a historic 5 in a row. That's not good.

The only reason this set-up (I wouldn't call it a team anymore, it's a clinical organisation) is going to lose a game is if they get bored themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Edit: and neutral game next week my arse. Farcical that passed through Congress.

This myth needs nipping in the bud. They we're NEVER meant to be neutral. They were ALWAYS meant to be Croker. But a narrative developed that it was a neutral setting as default.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Dublin's neutral game next we-.. oh wait
    You do realise that there is no neutral game in the super 8’s????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Drive for 5? More like Congrats to Dublin! I would have said that before the Championship started. No one is going to stop Dublin. That will be for the next few years too. Just teams hoping to catch them on an off day which will rarely happen. I usually don't bother watching Dublin games. Not because I don't like them which I do but because they are so far ahead of everyone. I was just focused on Cork and hoping we went for it. Which we did. Usually I flick it on to admire their scoring but the results of their games are never in doubt.

I was hoping we would keep it to under 10 which I would class as a win. Dublin have brilliant players and brilliant way of playing but we all know they have every advantage. People just want to see a close game. Then neutrals see Dubs jeering guys so naturally its annoying

Cork played really well and beaten by 13 points. Imagine if we had an off day! That has to be concerning for people who want a close championship. We should give the Dubs Sam now. They are that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

ArielAtom wrote: »

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Yeah boring at this stage.

Financial support my arse. Fit and very skillful team who obviously make the time to get that fit outside their day jobs. Total devotion.

Stop making excuses.

At least Cork gave it a go and with time they will be able to play at that level for the full 70s mins. They were right to change their style of play. It clearly worked for 60 mins or so.

So you are suggesting that Dublin are using PEDs ?

They have access to the All Blacks through AIG. They are light years ahead in preparation and the latest conditioning through financial doping. So yeah doping of sorts.

Those guys don't work day jobs. You don't get in that shape and be an amateur.

Great football team, no doubt. But given reffing (not today), home game and serious financial advantages.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Depressed! There is more to life

Yeh, there is indeed. But can you understand it in just football terms? Jaysus. :rolleyes:

I suppose that’s what you see when a Div 1 team take on a Div 3 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Where did anyone suggest PEDs?

The clever clogs with the Lance Armstrong analogies.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    They have a huge financial imbalance that benefits them. That almost 15million of course matters!

They get to play both home and neuitral games in the ones stadium, a luxury afforded to no one else.

But yes it’s very much a level playing field.

The "millions" goes into games development. This has in no way benefited the current squad, many of them are sons of previous Dublin players. Hard graft and natural skill.

Dublin do not get a choice to play their games in Parnell Park. That's the GAA's decision.

Too many excuses........ and I really don't have the time to listen to all the whinging.
    They have access to the All Blacks through AIG. They are light years ahead in preparation and the latest conditioning through financial doping. So yeah doping of sorts.

Those guys don't work day jobs. You don't get in that shape and be an amateur.

Great football team, no doubt. But given reffing (not today), home game and serious financial advantages.

They do have day jobs. Teachers, Doctors etc.

Doping of sorts my arse. If you are going to use an analogy at least don't use one about PEDs unless you have proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

you do realise that all next weeks games are on in a neutral venue , bar dublin of course :rolleyes:

Collie D wrote: »
    That’s a ****ty comparison and/or implication.

You're obviously haven't heard that interview from Lance, the poster's quote was word for word! Just pointing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Don't think it ever gets mentioned enough. Two,three or four hour commute for teams to go up and play in croke park. It can have an effect compared to being 15 mins down the road..

This is it wrote: »
    Huh?
    Obviously you don’t🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

That would be a crazy argument. A logical argument would be if any other county had the population advantage of Dublin and massive resources were pumped into both development of under age players and the set up of the senior team the very likely outcome is a team who would be as dominant as Dublin are.

Dublin are a great team team with exceptional footballers but this was inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Obviously you don’t��
    Do you disagree with the fact that Dublin get the advantage of having an additional home game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

Obviously you don’t🙄

Where are Meath playing Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You're obviously haven't heard that interview from Lance, the poster's quote was word for word! Just pointing out.

I’m not questioning the accuracy of the quote but the fact you’ve compared Dublin to probably the most notorious drug cheat in sporting history.

you do realise that all next weeks games are on in a neutral venue , bar dublin of course :rolleyes:

You don’t comprehend simple English then if you know the setup of the super 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Jack McCaffrey. Lance Armstrong engine on him. Unreal.

The clever clogs with the Lance Armstrong analogies.

The "millions" goes into games development. This has in no way benefited the current squad, many of them are sons of previous Dublin players. Hard graft and natural skill.

Dublin do not get a choice to play their games in Parnell Park. That's the GAA's decision.

Too many excuses........ and I really don't have the time to listen to all the whinging.

They do have day jobs. Teachers, Doctors etc.

Doping of sorts my arse. If you are going to use an analogy at least don't use one about PEDs unless you have proof.

I never said anything about PEDs. Just your man's quote was the same as Lance..'hard work'.

There are other ways to cheat. An association afraid of it's scut*er of losing players in Dublin to rugby and soccer financially doping you to the gills.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    Where are Meath playing Mayo?
    I couldn’t care less to be honest. If you don’t know the structure of the super 8’s that’s your problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement