Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Both grounds are home grounds for Kerry, that is irrelevant.
    The hurling is irrelevant too, that is not only a different team but a different sport.

Arguing a team who plays all their home games at a stadium in the heart of their city and has not played a home game anywhere else in close to a decade, has not played a home championship game anywhere else in god knows how long are not playing in a home ground on ownership grounds is wilful ignorance.

It’s wilful ignorance to ignore the geography of the whole situation

What other county has made use of Croker as a home venue?
    For league or championship?

None.
    Because the stadium is in Dublin

Kildare have used Croker as their home ground for several league games over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Last Stop wrote: »
    Kildare have used Croker as their home ground for several league games over the years.

Example ?

Example ?

vs Donegal in 2012
    vs Tyrone in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

Can we please revert back to the primary purpose of this thread,discussion of the on field activities of the 2019 football championship and not let it become subsumed in yet another intractable debate on the topic of any advantages Dublin GAA may have.

Posters can always simply agree to disagree as opposed to the usual circular argument where the never the twain appears to meet or debate the merits of same in the thread linked below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890333

We had two very interesting contests yesterday and hopefully two more epic encounters to look forward to today which are ripe for discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think it's been a really enjoyable championship so far. Some great games and lots of scores.

High hopes for the Kerry Mayo game today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭C__MC

Roscommon very disappointing last night
    No plan in attack really while Tyrone eased through them.at other end. Tyrone will beat cork as cork forwards wont hurt Tyrone blanket defence.
    Dublin will always let you attack and defend but can you outscore them and out run for 75 mins, unlikely
    Kerry and mayo only teams probably who could

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

C__MC wrote: »
    No plan in attack really while Tyrone eased through them.at other end. Tyrone will beat cork as cork forwards wont hurt Tyrone blanket defence.
    Dublin will always let you attack and defend but can you outscore them and out run for 75 mins, unlikely

On the basis of last night's action I'd fancy Cork to beat Roscommon and really put it up to Tyrone.

I was very impressed with them,ran out of steam towards the end.

Finding it really hard to see anyone touching Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

seligehgit wrote: »
    On the basis of last night's action I'd fancy Cork to beat Roscommon and really put it up to Tyrone.

I was very impressed with them,ran out of steam towards the end.

Finding it really hard to see anyone touching Dublin.

Cork are definitely on the up, it’s a bit mad how we’re all (myself included ) full of praise for them despite the scoreline. Goes to show how far Dublin are ahead of everyone .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I agree. I think Tyrone will grind down Cork and win fairly comfortably. Cork were playing their natural game last night and it suited even if they were never going to beat the Dubs at it.
    They have usually found it very hard to play the grinding, slow game and I expect Tyrone to frustrate them and kill them on the counter-attack.
    Cork will have a great chance of beating Roscommon in the last game down in Cork who will likely be coming off a hiding to the Dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jim Gavin not happy with the state of the surface yday for their home game which was played in Croke Park
    http://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1150312300970164224

He is right too . It could have done without a game on it yday to get ready for the round 2 games which are all held at Croke Park

km79 wrote: »
    Jim Gavin not happy with the state of the surface yday for their home game which was played in Croke Park
    http://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1150312300970164224

He is right too . It could have done without a game on it yday to get ready for the round 2 games which are all held at Croke Park

Gavin is spot on here
    You would not see a concert in old Trafford at peak premier league season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gavin is spot on here
    You would not see a concert in old Trafford at peak premier league season

True
    It’s all about the Benjamin’s baby

robbiezero wrote: »
    I agree. I think Tyrone will grind down Cork and win fairly comfortably. Cork were playing their natural game last night and it suited even if they were never going to beat the Dubs at it.
    They have usually found it very hard to play the grinding, slow game and I expect Tyrone to frustrate them and kill them on the counter-attack.
    Cork will have a great chance of beating Roscommon in the last game down in Cork who will likely be coming off a hiding to the Dubs.

The game suited corks free flowing footballing philosophy. Its interesting under gavin cork have played Dublin at least 6 teams. Its always open crazy football.
    QF in 2013 and league final in 2015 was just end to end stuff. Similar to last night.

I cant see cork being as strong next week. Tyrone will swallow them up and Kerrigan will be man marked. Tyrone like last night will be to cute and see it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

jmayo wrote: »
    See map from 2018.
    That should be explanation enough even for you.

I

That explains nothing. It simply restates your point in graphic form. Not sure what that's about but I never questioned that there were Mayo players in Dublin. My point is what you expect the GAA to do about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

seligehgit wrote: »

That match between cork and Roscommon could just turn out to be a glorified challenge match as they don't play until the last round. By then, Roscommon will have lost to the dubs and (possibly, but not probably) cork will have lost to Tyrone.

Cork put in a good stint last night, but maybe the efforts will have taken a lot out of them before they play Tyrone. Can't see the rossies coming within 12 points of the dubs tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Those four U-21s would have been won with players which were on the subsequent four in a row team.

Strengthens your argument?? The above comment shows that you are making points which you have not bothered to check out. I realise this will make absolutely no difference to you and that you have already made your mind up; Kerry 4 in a row - good, Dublin 4 in a row - bad.

But like I said you are simply wrong about that Kerry team. In those four Under-21 winning teams in five years no less than 43 players started the All-Ireland finals. There was an abundance of players in Kerry in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Arguing Parnell Park is their actual home ground because that’s been designated in some paperwork ignores reality and is willfully ignorant.

Out of curiosity, in the last decade how many times have Dublin played in Croke Park and how many times in Parnell Park in league or championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,133 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I fancied Mayo to beat Kerry until yesterday. Cork's performance against Dublin has given me pause for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

6min additional time!
    I wish he was reffing the AI Final the first day in 2000 when we had Kerry on the ropes an the ref blew up with 2 mins extra time left 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is fantastic news. Hopefully we will see him before the summer is over. The game is better with players like him on the pitch.

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1150365413882105857?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A bit of spice being added to the rest of the championship, Connolly is back training with Dublin. Wonder if he'll get any game time this year.

The most Jim gavin way to announce it
    Casual as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The other Dublin players putting in honest shifts and trying to make the team must have teeth gritted away to stumps watching these shennanigans with Connolly.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

The analysis on Sky compared to the clowns on RTE is remarkable. Canavan and Donaghy are excellent as is the presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The other Dublin players putting in honest shifts and trying to make the team must have teeth gritted away to stumps watching these shennanigans with Connolly.

I seriously doubt it. There's no way he'd be brought back if there was disharmony.

It would be the most unGavin-like thing to do to rattle the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

What shenanigans? He was due to go to Boston so couldn't play for Dublin before heading over, had a problem with his ESTA so is back on the Dublin panel. Seems fairly straightforward imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Take it to the Dublin discussion thread. No one else cares..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,326 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Karma King wrote: »
    The analysis on Sky compared to the clowns on RTE is remarkable. Canavan and Donaghy are excellent as is the presenter.

Surprised they use an old lag like Paul Earley as co-comm though. Just the epitome of droning mediocrity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Paul Early is the down fall even Rachel is spot on and miles ahead of all the ladies on rte with knowledge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement