Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

My gut said similar on my pools about Tyrone knocking seven shades out of them. Then I back tracked.

I can see it happening. The first 10min like last Sunday's game in Killarney will show exactly how it's going to pan out.

I just think cork are too open and will be schooled.
    Jeez if anyone plays at the same intensity that mayo did last weekend then they’ll be hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭doc_17

My gut said similar on my pools about Tyrone knocking seven shades out of them. Then I back tracked.

I can see it happening. The first 10min like last Sunday's game in Killarney will show exactly how it's going to pan out.

Yeah, Tyrone will be too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I just think cork are too open and will be schooled.
    Jeez if anyone plays at the same intensity that mayo did last weekend then they’ll be hammered

Ha ha. That would be something tbf. I'm still having wtf moments periodically all week thinking of some of the ball into the HF line. Diabolical junior b stuff.

Re pools, I've now backtracked on my backtrack and gone with the original gut feeling. :)

Tyrone will eat them. The games today are more ****e mismatches.

SUPER 8s don't ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Tyrone will eat them. The games today are more ****e mismatches.

Harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

The type of start Cork needed hopefully they can keep it going and make this a good competitive contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Tyrone are just pure muck. No wonder they have no fans there. How could you pay to watch that style of football.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

They really need to take these games away from Croke Park. Good game this but no atmosphere and it looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Tyrone look like they've no interest in playing football today.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Deegan plays advantage with Tyone going backwards. WTF! Give them their free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tyrone getting loads of soft frees again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Must be around 5k there. Embarrassing stuff, shouldn't be in Croker. Must be a record low, Super 8s are a joke people clearly voting with their feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

For an all Ireland QF atmosphere is shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

That is an embarrassing dive

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Fair play to McCurry for getting back up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Hon Munster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Yessss!!!!!

Some start this for Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Tyrone football is just muck! Delighted to see them getting beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Boom!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Disgraceful from McCurry.
    Tyrone have obviously expected to just turn up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What a goal. Cork are tearing the blanket apart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

C__MC wrote: »
    For an all Ireland QF atmosphere is shocking
    Some will try blame the Dubs in the pub but Cork/Tyrone have 2 of the biggest populations/fans. Would have thought more would be there but at the same time, the tickets are expensive many people can't afford to go 8 weeks running like Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Cork could hold possession for the rest of the half, Tyrone need to push on, 7 points down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yeah, though either of them would have been an issue regardless of where the game was.

Will be interesting to see what attendance is tomorrow. Might see neutral outside of croke park next year

Some will try blame the Dubs in the pub but Cork/Tyrone have 2 of the biggest populations/fans. Would have thought more would be there but at the same time, the tickets are expensive many people can't afford to go 8 weeks running like Tyrone.

Never mind 8 weeks in a row. 3 or so games plus hurling and the associated travel between 2 pay cheques is just not feasible for most.

The whole concept is just badly managed from start to finish. Too concentrated for a championship. Whatever complaints we had before, at least the all Ireland series was relatively well paced.

Never mind 8 weeks in a row. 3 or so games plus hurling and the associated travel between 2 pay checks is just not feasible for most.

The whole concept is just badly managed from start to finish. Too concentrated for a championship. Whatever complaints we had before, at least the all Ireland series was relatively well paced.

Agreed. Super 8s need to go. Replace them with 4 quarter finals at neutral venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus fair play to Cork. Tyrone have closed it down lot but Cork still giving it.

Surprise package of season in big way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

That's the smartest game I have seen from Cork all year. Patient play two well taken goals and not leaving themselves open in defence.

As for Tyrone it's almost like they thought they would be playing all out attacking Cork team and look a little shell-shocked at the moment but they have a full half to recover yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

The attendance at these Croke park games is embarrassing what a way to advertise our games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement