Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I think the whole calendar needs looking at, and the moving of the club finals to December might help.

The club month of April did not work either, team who were starting their provincial championship in May were slow to allow county players play in April.

Just wait til the club finals can't be played until January because of weather. :0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Some changes needed to be made alright. I mean why did Connacht take a decade to complete?

But CBs and Provinces never took responsibility for their own haphazard approach to running their championships. And no doubt will continue to be haphazard.

Completely agree that most county boards are still a shambles and I think this will eventually be rectified by the GAA hiring proper admin staff for each county/at provincial level

Just wait til the club finals can't be played until January because of weather. :0

Isn' t the current proposal that they are in January??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Howard’s sidestep😍😍😍

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Prenty has thought of that.

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/33662-connacht-gaa-air-dome-to-host-matches-in-2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What’s the dubs latest ?

grbear wrote: »

Everytime I see Mayo GAA doing something- I just expect there to be a self inflicted mess up that is then blamed on an external party.

They'll prob put holes in the Dome for ventilation and it will flood or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What’s the dubs latest ?

1.10 to 0.6

Dubs defence is a right mess these days

• Registered Users Posts: 25,398 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Selfish not to lay it off, second goal guaranteed if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

doylefe wrote: »
    Boring

You’re watching the greatest team of all time on top form. It’s not boring, it’s glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

I see the roscommon number 4 continuously handling Barry Cassidy weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I am looking forward to the weekends football. I have the tickets for the four games. I was told that the attendance looks like it will be bigger on the Sunday than the Saturday (by the way)
    I am hoping to see three tight games at least, should be tension in them anyway.
    It will also be interesting to see how the Rossies approach the Dublin game, all out attack man to man or batten down the hatches?
    It should be a good exercise for Dublin no matter what happens, because the Rossies have some lively players who give it a lash. At times it is like watching the West of Ireland's answer to Brazil!

My only problem is practicing the Donegal accent for the Kerry game....aye...
    It will not sound right to hear a Dub say come on Donegal!
    Also, I can't be heard cheering on Meath v Mayo.
    That is just not the done thing and outside the societal norms as far I am concerned :D
    I hope they knock lumps out of each other though!
    It's like watching Brazil alright. When the Dutch pumped them 7-1. Enjoy the matches tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a more exciting affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

10 point lead after half an hour. Ridiculous.

How was that a free ? SOFT !

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    It's like watching Brazil alright. When the Dutch pumped them 7-1. Enjoy the matches tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a more exciting affair.

That was Germany.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You’re watching the greatest team of all time on top form. It’s not boring, it’s glorious.

I'm not a dub, how is it glorious?

All bought and paid for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

It's super boring. Tuning out now before I waste anymore time. Hopefully tomorrow isn't as bad.

Red card for Roscommon. If Dublin want to they could win this by 30+ points.

It’s glorious, it’s artistic, it’s pleasing, it’s well applied it’s tasty and sweet.

Isn' t the current proposal that they are in January??

I was going on what Todd said. I thought it was December myself. But stand corrected.

• Advertisement

It's super boring. Tuning out now before I waste anymore time. Hopefully tomorrow isn't as bad.

Ah it's yourself. Anything positive at all to say about today's games?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s glorious, it’s artistic, it’s pleasing, it’s well applied it’s tasty and sweet.

And its all too easy as well! Game over as a contest pretty much before half time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Shambles of a championship, GAA need to act immediately.

Strumms wrote: »

Even the Dub fans can barely raise more than a ripple of polite applause. Appalling spectacle and appalling atmosphere.

If you’re that bored don’t watch it. It’s really that simple.

Inquitus wrote: »
    And its all too easy as well! Game over as a contest pretty much before half time!

It is, a man down and a rake of points.

The catalyst for that ? Great play, indiscipline on behalf of the opposition, preparation, ability, determination and skill... beautiful.

Lads if you do t want to watch or are offended just hit the off button, it’s not rocket science

36030 attendance. So more than last week.

I don’t think any team might have stopped the Rock goal there...superb team play, intelligence and unselfishness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The level of dominance has never been attained before. Perfect or as perfect as we’ve ever seen - that is glorious in of itself. This is the space within the game Dublin were always supposed to occupy, watching it come together is utterly fabulous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement