Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Downlinz wrote: »
    Shambles of a championship, GAA need to act immediately.

The report is in and we've decided not enough non nationals are playing in Tallaght so we're giving Dublin an extra 5 million on a 3 year trial. If we don't see results we'll up it to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Dublin training sessions are far more intense than this embarrassing spectacle.

Probably. The dubs against the dubs would at least be an actual game and some curiosity over what the result will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anything to be said for a mercy rule? 25 more minutes of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Downlinz wrote: »
    The beauty of sport is from competition and tactics from two closely matched forces under equal conditions. There's nothing to appreciate from professionally conditioned athletes on their home turf running rings around amateurs in front of a half empty uninterested crowd.
    It's really sad it's come to this when you think of how exciting and important Gaelic football used to feel.

I suppose it’s Dublins fault that the Rossies are down to 14 and it’s a stroll? It was t that long ago Kerry we’re giving Dublin a hiding and the nation was rejoicing.
    I get it, we’re it liked. Long may it continue. You should follow Ewan MacKenna on Twitter, you’re kinda guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I think Dublin supporters deep down are bored of this craic too. You won't hear them admit it though, it will be the usual 'team for the ages', 'Kilkenny in da hurling' etc etc.

If you think the interest and attendances are diminishing now, give it another couple of years. Anto and Mary won't even bother going to The Hill, they'll be watching it on the box and turning off after fifteen minutes like the rest of the country.

• Advertisement

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    The report is in and we've decided not enough non nationals are playing in Tallaght so we're giving Dublin an extra 5 million on a 3 year trial. If we don't see results we'll up it to 10.

Lovely, those lemons are on sale on Meath to, just in case you didn’t know. Aldi or Lidl😉

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ref doing Roscommon a fair few favors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno wft is stopping Gavin putting Brogan on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As an FYI to everyone, the bitterness and whining over advantages makes it all the sweeter: it just means we’ve nearly broken your spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Strumms wrote: »
    Ref doing Roscommon a fair few favors

Refs normally do that when games become lobsided like this one

• Advertisement

I think Dublin supporters deep down are bored of this craic too. You won't hear them admit it though, it will be the usual 'team for the ages', 'Kilkenny in da hurling' etc etc.

If you think the interest and attendances are diminishing now, give it another couple of years. Anto and Mary won't even bother going to The Hill, they'll be watching it on the box and turning off after fifteen minutes like the rest of the country.

But Matty and Biddy will continue to support Mayo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Downlinz

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I suppose it’s Dublins fault that the Rossies are down to 14 and it’s a stroll? It was t that long ago Kerry we’re giving Dublin a hiding and the nation was rejoicing.
    I get it, we’re it liked. Long may it continue. You should follow Ewan MacKenna on Twitter, you’re kinda guy.

It's Bertie and the GAA's fault. Nobody is blaming Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

ArielAtom wrote: »
    But Matty and Biddy will continue to support Mayo!!!!

They're nice people, why wouldn't they?

RMAOK wrote: »
    Refs normally do that when games become lobsided like this one

Yes, another soft free too. Poor officiating, score shouldn’t come into it..,at that Dublin forward dragged to the ground and nada,

Dublin making so many changes has ruined there flow.

Awful ****e last while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭This is it

I know it's hard to stay competitive and "up for it" being 15 points or so in front but Dublin have been fairly poor in the second half

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

The PEDs are working well for the Dubs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

top 3 or 4 teams in the country v dublin and its 50/50 , everyone else its a turkey shoot ,

to put it into perspective , there is 12 points in the game with 12 minutes left roscommon lost to tyrone by 4 points , tyrone lost to dublin by 6 last year , ,donegal and kerry along with mayo would still be stronger sides again would roscommon be much closer to any of them 3 sides

my point is i would expect at this stage of the game , dublin would be very much up against it against the two ulster or kerry or mayo teams ,

the fact is the gap in between is huge

Ok, this ref is a fûckin joke.

This is it wrote: »
    I know it's hard to stay competitive and "up for it" being 15 points or so in front but Dublin have been fairly poor in the second half

Soon as they start making subs been ****.

Really disappointed with not bringing Brogan on here as well. Very hard on him deserves better.

• Advertisement

They're nice people, why wouldn't they?

I suppose like most gaels they are much like Anto and Mary.

What a sporting contest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

What a sporting contest!!

Making work of the -14 handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They should just ban the Pale from the GAA. Sure most of them aren't Gaels they're descended from the Normans and Brits. Ruining our games. More at home with Shamrock Rovers in their pub soccer league.

Think you might need a history lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

Soon as they start making subs been ****.

Really disappointed with not bringing Brogan on here as well. Very hard on him deserves better.

Game was made for him and Connolly
    Gavin doesn't do sentiment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

top 3 or 4 teams in the country v dublin and its 50/50

Haha, I'd love some of what you're having :)

If you were to be critical, you’d say Dublin could have been more lethal and tried to create a few more goal chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

I'm looking forward to Tyrone and Dublin in omagh
    Tyrones running game can hurt the dubs who's defence looks suspect so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

jr86 wrote: »
    Haha, I'd love some of what you're having :)

In fairness he meant top 3 or 4 against Dublin. If Kerry, Tyrone and Donegal all played Dublin together then 45 vs 15 might even things up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

They won't care they'll be watching a different sport the way its going
    I'd personally have been GAA mad all my life. The last few years I've been attending far less football matches and more from other sports like soccer, rugby and hurling.

I remember when KK hammered Limerick and Waterford I felt a dark shadow over the championship. That was thankfully lifted but I feel a much bigger shadow over football now. At least those hurling matches with KK were much more exciting to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement