Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Ridiculous to get yourself sent off like that.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Same rubbish BBC NI camerwork - how many kickouts have they missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Very open game this. Cracking to watch.

And, in striking contrast to most provincial football matches, we even have a choice of channels:p

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great game
    If this was a hurling game the Pundits would be wetting themselves at HT
    Brolly will no doubt find some negative to focus on

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

C__MC wrote: »
    Brolly spoke about corofin for at least 5 minutes
    How RTE put up with that, I'll never know

I think they feel he generates controversy and that in turn attracts viewers. Maybe it's just me but I feel it's the opposite. The nonsense he spouts in order to try and push his clearly biased opinions and the fact he just shouts down everyone else just makes me turn it off. I'll watch it on BBC who are far more classy and professional. It's a shame because Marty Morrissey and Joanna Cantwell are extremely talented.

Great game so far. Donegal are really putting it up to Tyrone and there's been some fantastic passing, shooting and tackling so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Derry 4-5 Wexford 0-5 here at halftime at Wexford park. Derry were playing against the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Great to see David gough not falling for any of Tyrone's antics, strong referee like that should always ref them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tyrone being undone by the sweeper system.

The irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Tyrone look very poorly coached.

Rochford coaching evident up front for Donegal, some great movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Big run of points for Donegal creates quite a big gap at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Those fear of losing defensive changes that Tyrone made before the is biting them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Not pleasant on the eye that's for sure. But always happy to see Tyrone losing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

km79 wrote: »
    Great game
    If this was a hurling game the Pundits would be wetting themselves at HT
    Brolly will no doubt find some negative to focus on

RTE sport's obsession with having an idiot on every panel to talk sh1te and do his best to start a row is really annoying.

Be it rugby, soccer or Gaelic football they always take pains to provide a resident village idiot to stir the pot. (Thus far, thankfully, hurling has escaped this imbecilic obsession with pandering to the lowest common denominator.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Tyrone look very poorly coached.

Rochford coaching evident up front for Donegal, some great movement.

Tyrone making is so so easy for the Donegal backs - the unwillingness to have any other players forward to support McShane is rank stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

RTE sport's obsession with having an idiot on every panel to talk sh1te and do his best to start a row is really annoying.

Be it rugby, soccer or Gaelic football they always take pains to provide a resident village idiot to stir the pot. (Thus far, thankfully, hurling has escaped this imbecilic obsession with pandering to the lowest common denominator.)

Ger Loughnane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Was at Leitrim Wicklow, Leitrim deserved the win. Won midfield against two big boys in midfield and came away with it on any dirty ball on breaks. Ryan O'Rourke again with some nice scores. Wicklow had a number of goal chances, including the first score of the game which was a one on one handpass over the bar rather than sticking it in the corner. Poor enough fare really, losing ball in contact and aimless handpassing throughout. Leitrim won't care, they'll be listening to Morning Ireland Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Self torture, good for the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

dobman88 wrote: »
    Youd wonder what Colm O Rourke is smoking for him to have his views on Murphy. Brolly very frustrating that he wouldn't let him speak even if he doesn't agree with his opinion.

I think he was entitled to dispute the assertion that Murphy has been the most influential footballer of the last 10 years.
    A massive player no doubt, but that was a big statement from Brolly, wouldn't agree with it myself and I'm sure a lot of Dubs fans wouldn't either.

Intriguing enough game here.
    Brilliant opening 15, back to slow build up after that, but Donegal really playing well and their pace is really causing Tyrone huge problems.
    Tyrone look all at sea v the blanket defence.

Surprise change removing Colm Cav there for Tyrone. One of their better players I would have thought.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Intriguing enough game here.
    Brilliant opening 15, back to slow build up after that, but Donegal really playing well and their pace is really causing Tyrone huge problems.
    Tyrone look all at sea v the blanket defence.

Surprise change removing Colm Cav there for Tyrone. One of their better players I would have thought.

You'd think he has a knock but I wouldn't put anything past Harte at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Where Strabinamal now?? Re dirty tactics.

• Advertisement

That's really acting the tramp. Rotten player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

That's really acting the tramp.

What there a wee tap by our Tiernan on the back of the head there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

That was filthy by the Tyrone player to the Donegal players face/ eye/mouth area while on the ground..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That's really acting the tramp. Rotten player.

Is that the second time a Donegal player has been down with issues with their eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

4Ad wrote: »
    That was filthy by the Tyrone player to the Donegal players face/ eye/mouth area while on the ground..

They should make an example of him. A year's ban.

elefant wrote: »

Remember the same lad can go down like a sniper took him out if you brush his precious hair too.

robbiezero wrote: »
    I think he was entitled to dispute the assertion that Murphy has been the most influential footballer of the last 10 years.
    A massive player no doubt, but that was a big statement from Brolly, wouldn't agree with it myself and I'm sure a lot of Dubs fans wouldn't either.

He is certainly influential in this game alright even if the 45's haven't been as he would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Donegal needed that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

elefant wrote: »

Who was it?

• Advertisement

Who was it?

McCann.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement