Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Great Goal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus what's going on with Donegal!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Slattsy wrote: »
    If I was playing London, Sligo and New York every year I'd be in the top 5 myself.

But not Carlow, Wicklow and Longford??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Donegal starting to look like the team that are going to push Dublin close this year. Some lads nailed that call.

If I was playing London, Sligo and New York every year I'd be in the top 5 myself.

As his been pointed out many times, most of his scores have come against better opposition.

You could say the same about Gooch playing in the Munster Championship. Or Dublin players in the current Leinster championship.

He doesn't deserve the record he holds, he's nowhere near the top six forwards in the country if you were picking an All Star team.

But mainly he's the most unlikable player in the country.
    Full of antics and has a horrible attitude. Hes the only GAA player I'd love to punch.

• Advertisement

But not Carlow, Wicklow and Longford??

No because they're in Leinster so he won't get to play them every year. Would you like a map of the county?

This game will show what Donegal are made of now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

No because they're in Leinster so he won't get to play them every year. Would you like a map of the county?

Apart from Ulster, every provincial championship has cannon fodder. Dublin and Kerry players get to score for fun against the Carlows and Waterfords.

My point was Dublin have faced the same levels of opposition. As have forwards in other counties like Gooch, etc who faced the likes of Waterford or Clare.

So less of the begrudgery.

Apart from Ulster, every provincial championship has cannon fodder. Dublin and Kerry players get to score for fun against the Carlows and Waterfords.

So my point stands. Cheers.

• Advertisement

My point was Dublin have faced the same levels of opposition. As have forwards in other counties like Gooch, etc who faced the likes of Waterford or Clare.

So my point stands. Cheers kid.

I'm sure he knows that, he's just pretending to be dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I expect Donegal to be much better in the second half, the wind is a big factor.

Most of Leinster is canon fodder these days.

And Cillian didn't have home advantage in 90% of his games unlike some!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MattB11

Game over at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

You can only play NY and London once every five years in Connacht

So my point stands. Cheers kid.

What is your point? That every player not from Ulster should have an asterisk next to their score tally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

MattB11 wrote: »
    Game over at HT

I feel Donegal needed to get at least one of those chances towards the end of the half, but there is a strong wind

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I expect Donegal to be much better in the second half, the wind is a big factor.

Well they couldn't get any worse, have been brutal

And what is it with players slipping? Must all be wearing mouldies. Get the proper boots on ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Fantastic first half by Mayo. Mayo nearly always open the door for other teams at some point but look like a team on a mission this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Go on the Royals!

If Mayo avoid the sort of second half brainfarts of other games, they should win this one.

If Meath win we might be looking at scoring difference yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Strong wind at Kerry’s back in the second half.
    Enjoyable game though.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Go on the Royals!

If Mayo avoid the sort of second half brainfarts of other games, they should win this one.

If Meath win we might be looking at scoring difference yet.

I've been flicking between the two. Meath putting it up to them alright. Be interesting to see what happens.

Big second half's coming up in both games the group could go anywhere yet!

I've been flicking between the two. Meath putting it up to them alright. Be interesting to see what happens.

Wonder Boy is donning his super hero suit I would imagine.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

Strong wind at Kerry’s back in the second half.
    Enjoyable game though.
    Why aren't you in Navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dublin Mayo semi. Mmmm.☺

I spoke too soon.

And yet another bottling of a big decision by umpires in Navan. Nailed on penalty for Meath.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Karma King

David Gough is a great referee. Stonewall penalty.

• Advertisement

These Mayo lads like rolling on the ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement