Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

It's McCanns fault and his fault only

Don't know, there's a fairly dirty streak throughout that team from filthy challenges to sledging dead relatives. Its not just the senior team either. Its coming from somewhere and management are well aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

It's McCanns fault and his fault only

No it's Mickey Harte. He possessed McCann in that moment. You're deluded if you don't believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

How long is heart managing Tyrone?
    Surly a change is needed there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Back door again. Meh winning the Ulster championship feels empty anyways.

Never seen such a lack of desire from Tyrone in the championship.

Changes will be made. We'll knock them out in the super 8s again regardless.
    Ah yeah, who wants to win a cup, eh?

naughto wrote: »

Things non-Tyrone fans say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I missed the start so watched Donegal and Tyrone on RTE +1

I thought Patton had a super game. Donegal battered them in midfield when J McGee went off and they still won most of the balls in. Murphy was outstanding. His ability to score and win most type of possession and for the size of him to be so influential all the way through, no tanking at 55 minutes

Brennan was great, went quiet for 15 minutes after getting a belt but came back into it.

I was early thinking many didn't give MH credit for being more adaptive, they were shocking today, particularly in the second half where nothing seemed to be addressed.
    When Tyrone are beaten like that they can look terrible, they are not that bad but couldn't handle Donegal, they came at them from too many areas and won so many of the physical and football battles. Could any Throne player make a case for having a good game?

I think MH will have a difficult time now, a lot of the negative statements made about his style were demonstrated today. He'll have the qualifiers to address it, but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

There's been a good section within the county that have wanted him gone for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Except for the Tyrone fans who say it aswell

fullstop wrote: »
    Ah yeah, who wants to win a cup, eh?

Our aim is to win the AI. Winning the ulster championship in 2017 meant nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Stoner wrote: »

I thought Patton had a super game. Donegal battered them in midfield when J McGee went off and they still won most of the balls in. Murphy was outstanding. His ability to score and win most type of possession and for the size of him to be so influential all the way through, no tanking at 55 minutes

Brennan was great, went quiet for 15 minutes after getting a belt but came back into it.

I was early thinking many didn't give MH credit for being more adaptive, they were shocking today, particularly in the second half where nothing seemed to be addressed.
    When Tyrone are beaten like that they can look terrible, they are not that bad but couldn't handle Donegal, they came at them from too many areas and won so many of the physical and football battles. Could any Throne player make a case for having a good game?

I think MH will have a difficult time now, a lot of the negative statements made about his style were demonstrated today. He'll have the qualifiers to address it, but who knows.

I’m not sure it was a style problem, Tyrone tried to play today but Harte was completely out-coached and couldn’t adapt to what Donegal were doing. Losing P Harte was a disaster for them as well. That said, they met a better hungrier team.

Tyrone weren’t great this time last year either remember they survived against Meath in the qualifiers by the skin of their teeth. I’d back them to make the Super 8’s and anything is possible after that.

• Advertisement

Donegal gain a lead and timewaste to their hearts content. Tyrone went for it and left spaces at the back all over the shop in the second half and Donegal still couldn't kill them off. Coming within a goal to equalise near the end is hilarious considering how bad we played.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

naughto wrote: »

A change of heart:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Coming within a goal to equalise near the end is hilarious considering how bad we played.

I made that point on the Donegal forum, but it wasn't your day today Strabanimal.

Tyrone were in it for a long time but 4 points as it was at that stage is a big gap in these games. Donegal should have made more of the first 20 minutes.

McCann, Matty, C Cavanagh, Harte (while on) were blunt today, there was nobody capable of lifting the team.

It's happened to this Tyrone team before, they can and have looked terrible in defeat but play well the next day, but it was a bad day at the office, and they have been here before for the same reasons, possibly some of the players are starting to believe now too.

Fair play to you again coming back on after a loss. You should join the management team as the mind coach!

I made that point on the Donegal forum, but it wasn't your day today Strabanimal.

Tyrone were in it for a long time but 4 points as it was at that stage is a big gap in these games. Donegal should have made more of the first 20 minutes.

McCann, Matty, C Cavanagh, Harte (while on) were blunt today, there was nobody capable of lifting the team.

It's happened to this Tyrone team before, they can and have looked terrible in defeat but play well the next day, but it was a bad day at the office, and they have been here before for the same reasons, possibly some of the players are starting to believe now too.

Fair play to you again coming back on after a loss. You should join the management team as the mind coach!

You can hardly blame Harte on this. He barely played and was sent off unfairly, far worse and more cynical challenges in the game by both sides that got yellows or went unnoticed.

The game was actually within 3 points at the end there so we actually could've equalised. Such a stupid goal to give away, completely open.

So many chances for goals out there for us. 4/5? Harte actually beat the keeper with his chance whilst on.

And yet that's one of the worst Tyrone performances I've seen in the championship vs a big team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Derry very comfortable winners over Wexford this afternoon. Its hard to know how good they are as Wexford were truly awful but they look set up for a decent run in the qualifers. Wexford's defending was atrocious, Derry literally ran the ball through for their goals with Wexford's marking non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wouldn't be overly impressed with Donegal. Smart enough to outsmart Tyrone but not a fully formed article themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Wouldn't be overly impressed with Donegal. Smart enough to outsmart Tyrone but not a fully formed article themselves.

In fairness at this rate, is there a fully formed team to topple Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

You can hardly blame Harte on this. He barely played and was sent off unfairly, far worse and more cynical challenges in the game by both sides that got yellows or went unnoticed.

Its such a frustrating rule really. All day Donegal fouled cynically when they lost the ball to prevent quick counter-attacks by Tyrone and did it cleverly so they weren't nailed for pulling down the opponent.
    Needs to be got rid of and just use the yellow card or at least don't allow it to come into play in the first half. A yellow card in the first half is a serious thing for a player, there is no need of the black card this early in the game.

Disappointing for people to see one of the best players gone so early and so harmlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

kksaints wrote: »
    Derry very comfortable winners over Wexford this afternoon. Its hard to know how good they are as Wexford were truly awful but they look set up for a decent run in the qualifers. Wexford's defending was atrocious, Derry literally ran the ball through for their goals with Wexford's marking non-existent.

derry gave a serious account of themselves in omagh for a good 60 minutes had tyrone rattled before the division 1 team kicked on ,

whatever about the qualifiers they need to be playing top 16 football in the league too good a county to be stuck in division 4 they have some excellent players too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

C__MC wrote: »

Probably not. At the moment Donegal would look to have as good a chance as any of the chasing pack and are now 3rd favs for AI behind Kerry and the obvious.

• Advertisement

C__MC wrote: »

Are Dublin fully formed yet? Less than convincing so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

kksaints wrote: »

Unfortunately Wexford football hasn't been at such a low ebb in a generation. Getting cut open in defence has been a recurring theme all the way back to the early stages of the league when London embarrassed us in Ruislip. Heck, Waterford walked through us in the qualifiers last year as well.

Without naming names, they are certain players on that team that are lauded for their leadership skills by football quarters when in reality their lack of direction is as big a part of the problem as everything else.

Paul McLaughlin resigned after the match too. Nice man by all accounts, but completely out of his depth at this level. His constant moaning in the local media hardly exuded confidence in the panel. We are at an important crossroads now though. The next appointment is crucial- Colin Kelly may well get the job (if he wants it) as he brought freshness when he joined the camp a before the Louth game, and there will be a clamour to assimilate some of the legends from the recent past, but none of them have really achieved anything in a coaching capacity yet to be thrown into inter-county level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Are Dublin fully formed yet? Less than convincing so far this year.

Says a lot about the chasing pack so.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Says a lot about the chasing pack so.

A lot of teams to get up to speed yet. Early days.

A lot of teams to get up to speed yet. Early days.

As are Dublin.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    As are Dublin.

I think I said that a few posts back. :confused:

I think I said that a few posts back. :confused:

We both agree so Francie. Now time for the pub. Bonne nuit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Hope the GAA make some super 8 table format for the all Ireland qualifiers next year.
    Teams like Wexford, Wicklow, London etc campaigns finishing up at the beginning of June. I imagine it's so disheartening for those players who travel from work to train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Just over 13,000 at Donegal v Tyrone
    That's an Ulster semi final

Surely alarm bells must be ringing in HQ about the high ticket prices, scheduling of games and the codology going on in games by players and managers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Just over 13,000 at Donegal v Tyrone
    That's an Ulster semi final

Surely alarm bells must be ringing in HQ about the high ticket prices, scheduling of games and the codology going on in games by players and managers

`the venue didn't help either , from north west donegal to brefni is a fair trek , enniskillen would have been a better option surly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement