Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

In the 2400s...still waiting for ages it looks like.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Realistically and all things considered, there is no way Mayo should be putting it up to Dublin come this Saturday.
    Mayo have had a very long season with a lot of injuries to key players. Dublin on the otherhand have had a relatively easy run to the semi final, and their first 15 have not been seriously tested. Most of them will have had a 2 week break as well. Everything is heavily in Dublin's favour. And while Mayo might do as they always do and at least make a serious effort against Dublin, the last 15 minutes will catch them out, when the long hard season takes its toll and Dublin send on fresh forwards against a tiring defence.
    The only genuine contenders to Dublin this year are Kerry and a full strength Tyrone, but even then I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Emz93 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually managed to get tickets to the Dublin Mayo match online? I've gotten through twice and both times website has crashed and I'm not back of the queue online. My friend queueing in supervalu was told that they can't even access the system.

I hit refresh at 9.57 and they were available to buy. Got through straight away. Colleague in the office here went on at exactly 10.00 and is still in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

According to Anthony Moyles on OTB Lee Keegan did 'a remarkable job' marking Murphy. So he's beaten to virtually every ball, doesn't get one telling challenge in, gives away a penalty and eventually gets taken off Murphy (replaced by Coen) but he did a remarkable job!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Has anyone gone to the ticket office?

I went down there and there was a Q past the butchers that didnt look like it was moving so i couldnt hang around.....

Its a real pity.

But on the other hand; having sat through crowds of 35000 odd for the last three games - I'm glad at least that 'real fans' will now get an opportunity to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Realistically and all things considered, there is no way Mayo should be putting it up to Dublin come this Saturday.
    Mayo have had a very long season with a lot of injuries to key players. Dublin on the otherhand have had a relatively easy run to the semi final, and their first 15 have not been seriously tested. Most of them will have had a 2 week break as well. Everything is heavily in Dublin's favour. And while Mayo might do as they always do and at least make a serious effort against Dublin, the last 15 minutes will catch them out, when the long hard season takes its toll and Dublin send on fresh forwards against a tiring defence.
    The only genuine contenders to Dublin this year are Kerry and a full strength Tyrone, but even then I'm not sure.

It's still a one off game. Mayo and Tyrone train like professional sides so long, hard seasons mean little, in fact the more games the stronger those two become. This will be Mayo's 9th championship game this season, they had 10 in 2017 and it took Dublin until injury time in the AI final to beat them.

Mayo have had injuries sure but that's part and parcel of the game at this level and especially with the type of training they do. Mayo will still be able to call on 11 maybe 12 (not sure about Vaughan) of the team that started vs Dublin in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Got three tickets on Ticketmaster, Cusack Stand, 701.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    It's still a one off game. Mayo and Tyrone train like professional sides so long, hard seasons mean little, in fact the more games the stronger those two become. This will be Mayo's 9th championship game this season, they had 10 in 2017 and it took Dublin until injury time in the AI final to beat them.

Mayo have had injuries sure but that's part and parcel of the game at this level and especially with the type of training they do. Mayo will still be able to call on 11 maybe 12 (not sure about Vaughan) of the team that started vs Dublin in 2017.

I'm not sure being able to call on Vaughan is a positive to be honest. He's very hit and miss. Was cleaned against Kerry for example.
    Dublin have moved on, their forwards are younger and faster and their bench gets stronger by the year.
    We've played 17 games so far this year to Dublin's 13 and have been all over the country. And we've had a bad run of injuries which even the most professional of teams would struggle with.
    I'm not being negative, just realistic.
    That said, I'm happy enough with Mayo's year so far and its been progress from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I wonder what they make about Fermanagh's style of play?

JS154926327.jpg

Very defensive, regressive in their approach, ultra conservative and horrible to look at - I'd say they love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

In the 2400s...still waiting for ages it looks like.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

corny wrote:
    According to Anthony Moyles on OTB Lee Keegan did 'a remarkable job' marking Murphy. So he's beaten to virtually every ball, doesn't get one telling challenge in, gives away a penalty and eventually gets taken off Murphy (replaced by Coen) but he did a remarkable job!

The point Murphy kicked after the penno was the telling one for me, he won the ball brushed past Keegan and stuck it, fantastic point. IMO that score more than the penno forced the switch as Murphy can hit a run on those scores, I know it was a penno but Keegan was kind of exposed for the penno, that can happen to the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Has anyone gone to the ticket office?

I went down there and there was a Q past the butchers that didnt look like it was moving so i couldnt hang around.....

Its a real pity.

But on the other hand; having sat through crowds of 35000 odd for the last three games - I'm glad at least that 'real fans' will now get an opportunity to go.

Passed by just before 10am and queue was well down around the corner. When I got there myself around 11.30 queue was same but they were letting PP holders in without queueing.

Queues at retail outlets in both counties and hours wait online. And some said it would be 55,000 crowd!
    Could probably sell this one twice over. Shows what a big draw the two teams meeting has become, whatever about the punditry predicting a one sided affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Passed by just before 10am and queue was well down around the corner. When I got there myself around 11.30 queue was same but they were letting PP holders in without queueing.

Queues at retail outlets in both counties and hours wait online. And some said it would be 55,000 crowd!
    Could probably sell this one twice over. Shows what a big draw the two teams meeting has become, whatever about the punditry predicting a one sided affair.

I'm fully expecting a Dublin win but if I could afford it, I'd go to the game in a heartbeat. Dublin Mayo is the game to see recently and I cannot wait to see them go at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Funnily I think the super 8s being uncompetitive makes a competitive semi final more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Tickets.ie website is beyond inefficient, have reached the top of the queue twice only to be told that there was an error with the queue number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Tickets.ie website is beyond inefficient, have reached the top of the queue twice only to be told that there was an error with the queue number.

Same here. And the same in all the SV shops. Returning to topic, changes in the gaa, get rid of tickets.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Mayo supporters are great in fairness to them. Most of them are fanatical about Mayo, it is almost like a pilgrimage/crusade/penance for them at this stage!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Mayo supporters are great in fairness to them. Most of them are fanatical about Mayo, it is almost like a pilgrimage/crusade/penance for them at this stage!

Some would say they’re doses.

Jayus, I wish Saturday would hurry up!
    I am looking forward to it.

Those Mayo crowd should bring back that 'Boom Boom Boom let me hear you say Mayo' chant again.

I suppose the Dubs can't say 'Boom Boom Boom let me hear you say Jayo' anymore.
    So Dermo or Berno will have do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Still bitter after Saturday, eh.
    Had to listen to a dose of one of your own, shouting to Jason Doherty to get up and stop his playacting. Looked like he was going to run out and pick him up of the ground himself. He was very quiet when the stretcher vehicle made its way on to the pitch. Didn't actually hear a peep from him for the rest of the match.

• Advertisement

Had to listen to a dose of one of your own, shouting to Jason Doherty to get up and stop his playacting. Looked like he was going to run out and pick him up of the ground himself. He was very quiet when the stretcher vehicle made its way on to the pitch. Didn't actually hear a peep from him for the rest of the match.

I would say 2012 was the real low point in Donegal - Mayo relations in fairness.

All that expectation....

Then after 2 minutes ball into Murphy - bang game over.
    That must have worse than any defeat by the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Personally, I don't think there are many counties with worse fans than Donegal.

I would say 2012 was the real low point in Donegal - Mayo relations in fairness.

All that expectation....

Then after 2 minutes ball into Murphy - bang game over.
    That must have worse than any defeat by the Dubs.

We beat the Dubs that year, that was satisfying ;):D

Ah now, I could name half a dozen off the top of my head that are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,110 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You must not get to many county games.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=directions+to+healy+park+omagh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

charlie14 wrote: »
    You must not get to many county games.

I suppose I don't anymore. I've lived abroad for a long time now. But my memories of Donegal fans aren't very good.

Ahhh, was that what that was. I thought it was the Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Same here. And the same in all the SV shops. Returning to topic, changes in the gaa, get rid of tickets.ie.

Eh. No. Don't really fancy paying ticketbastard charges thank you very much. You could have used TM if you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Eh. No. Don't really fancy paying ticketbastard charges thank you very much. You could have used TM if you wanted.

The wife rang tickets.ie half an hour ago. They're in discussions apparently with the GAA looking for them to release more.

Did try TM. No joy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement