Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Go away!

You're wrecking me buzz ;)

Listen here lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

I think it will be a very hard game for Dublin. Mayo always give us a game and the weather is going to make things tougher. It’s also not a final so Mayo don’t need to worry about curses or anything like that. They’ll have no pressure on them. Nothing to lose.

I actually think they've immense pressure on them, from themselves, last year for some of the mainstays, last chance saloon etc. The fans have high expectations and everyone but Dublin wants them to cause an upset. They will die with their boots on as is their form but I think there is quite a gulf in current form and class of panels.

Dublin with quite a few to spare I think (completely biased admittedly ðŸ˜)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dublin to win by 3 or 4 today but I just hope its close after 65 or so minutes and we actually have some excitement near the end because I am looking forward to this more than any game I can remember recently.

Love watching Dublin but when their games are over by half time it knocks the craic out of it. Hopefully mayo put up some kind of a challenge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Mayo to win but lose the final.

Mayo 3-12 Dublin 1-16

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

dobman88 wrote: »
    Dublin to win by 3 or 4 today but I just hope its close after 65 or so minutes and we actually have some excitement near the end because I am looking forward to this more than any game I can remember recently.

Love watching Dublin but when their games are over by half time it knocks the craic out of it. Hopefully mayo put up some kind of a challenge.

We had more than enough craic in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2017 thanks very much. As well as multiple quadruple bypasses.

A repeat of last year's boring as fcuk semi final would be utterly glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

ProudDUB wrote: »
    We had more than enough craic in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2017 thanks very much. As well as multiple quadruple bypasses.

A repeat of last year's boring as fcuk semi final would be utterly glorious.

I more meant the procession to get to this stage. I've watched every Dublin game that's been on telly this year and while they are fantastic to watch in the first half while they dismantle teams and build up a score, their ability to just shut teams out leads to boring 2nd halves for the neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Heart bleeds for ya etc etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Dublin are overrated.

Are you guys watching on sky sports or RTÉ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

At the bar in the Hogan and by God the wind would blow a Traveller off his sister.

Dublin are overrated.

Are you guys watching on sky sports or RTÉ?

Says nobody ever

• Advertisement

Says nobody ever

Which sentence?

At the bar in the Hogan and by God the wind would blow a Traveller off his sister.

My seat in the Cusack is right in line of this bizarre tunnel of wind.

The Hogan bars are brutal for weather effects though. Always just feels miserable over there.

Which sentence?

Ah now shtap.

Let's enjoy the game now. Keep your opprobrium for Them'muns tomorrow.

My seat in the Cusack is right in line of this bizarre tunnel of wind.

The Hogan bars are brutal for weather effects though. Always just feels miserable over there.

Hopefully the wind doesn't kill the flow of the game. Id imagine mayo will crowd the middle with 3 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Hopefully the wind doesn't kill the flow of the game. Id imagine mayo will crowd the middle with 3 men.

With the changes to their initially named team, it's looking like that that will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brolly is some sickening dose. He can read minds now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Joe Brolly is referencing Michael Jordan in the points he makes. FFS. Says it all. He's so far behind in the race, he probably thinks he's ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

A few gloveless, surely a day for the gloves?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Would love to see Mayo win but just can’t see it happening. Not sure they are clinical enough. They can create plenty chances but will have to convert 2 out of every 3 chance and be very efficient.

Dive

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Boooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Hawkeye :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Classy Dubs at the booing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I think if it's over the black spot, this umpire will still need reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not an overcarry, his arm was reefed ffs.

Dubs in trouble

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dubs in trouble
    It's 3 minutes in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Looks promising so far. Great start.

Dive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms