Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

To reduce Dublin to 3 points from play is a super achievement, not a case of Dublin butchering chances they just can’t fashion chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Mayo made Dublin look like amateurs there. Referee kept it at a 2pt lead.

Rte still bigging up Dublin after that half. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

In fairness I wouldn't tarnish all Dublin fans by what the ones on here say.

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Akrasia wrote: »
    I think the ref is doing a great job. Most other refs decide which rules to enforce. This fella seems to be enforcing all of them (as best he can)

Can't honestly complain about him so far. He's been generally consistent, which is all you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Dublin have a very strong breeze in the second half. Don't know how obvious it's on TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Dublin have a very strong breeze in the second half. Don't know how obvious it's on TV

Dublin had the breeze in the first half which is why Mannion’s ball into Rock went over his head

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Excellent point actually.

Can't honestly complain about him so far. He's been generally consistent, which is all you want.

Did Rock pull a player down from the back with no carding early on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I thought it was mayo who will have the breeze :confused:

At least, it looked like that to me

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

lalababa wrote: »
    They are not allowed to kick anymore, in case they lose pocession.

They haven't the ability to
    (1) see a pass
    (2) make a foot pass over a distance
    In soccer coaches teach kids from 5 plus ... Get your head up to see the pass .
    In Gaelic football watch how many don't get their head up .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

So much for the Drive for Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

RMAOK wrote: »

It's Croke Park, everyone and noone can have the breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Still expect Dublin to have that five or six minute spell when they score 1-4 or 1-5.

It’s always a possibility but that would rely on Mayo seriously running out of steam. As of now, Dublin look to be the team who are trying to force the game. Mayo are controlling their possession really well which is what Dublin usually do to drain the opposition and conserve their own energy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

I'm in Croker, breeze is all over the place. All sideline flags blowing in opposite direction. Only possible benefit is Canal end is more sheltered, so less swirly

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Mayo have been very good. Can't help but see a bit of a double standard however with Diarmuid O'Connor waltzing back into the starting 15, when if it was Connolly starting there would be absolute uproar. He's been quite anonymous, I'd be feeling very aggrieved if I was Darren Coen. Mayo have the match ups spot on, and if they can survive the inevitable Dublin onslaught, they have every chance.

Think Conor Lane has been quite good aswell, he's taking no guff from either side and has been fairly consistent in terms of over carrying which always seems a sideshow in modern day GAA.

Also, a black card is for a deliberate trip, a deliberate pull down or a 3rd man tackle. Pulling the jersey doesn't fall into any of that criteria. Perhaps it should be extended to that type of foul, but for now this is what we have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mayo were excellent but a 2 point deficit is nothing to Dublin they’ll win the second half comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

At least, it looked like that to me

No, breeze blowing into the Davin unfortunately.

Also, a black card is for a deliberate trip, a deliberate pull down or a 3rd man tackle. Pulling the jersey doesn't fall into any of that criteria. Perhaps it should be extended to that type of foul, but for now this is what we have got.

Did Rock deliberately pull down a player from behind?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Mayo were excellent but a 2 point deficit is nothing to Dublin they’ll win the second half comfortably

They weren't excellent we were poor in maintaining possession. I expect Dublin to point consecutively now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That must win game last week has really stood to Mayo, versus the challenge match Dublin had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mayo will never have a better chance, it's now or never.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

So much for the Drive for Five.

It’s only half time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mayo do indeed have the matchups spot on. Tactically spot on too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Did Rock deliberately pull down a player from behind?
    He didn't pull him down, he pulled him back. It's not a black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Mayo have been very good. Can't help but see a bit of a double standard however with Diarmuid O'Connor waltzing back into the starting 15, when if it was Connolly starting there would be absolute uproar. He's been quite anonymous, I'd be feeling very aggrieved if I was Darren Coen. Mayo have the match ups spot on, and if they can survive the inevitable Dublin onslaught, they have every chance.

Think Conor Lane has been quite good aswell, he's taking no guff from either side and has been fairly consistent in terms of over carrying which always seems a sideshow in modern day GAA.

D O connor is the mayo captain and didn’t leave the panel and didn’t try to play ball in the states for the summer.

The comparison is daft

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Come into the thread at half time and people have mayo in the final. I'll be off till later when the mad ***** are on the drink and off boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It’s only half time

The same poster made this post elsewhere...
    Bog Ball and Stick Fighting should make you ashamed to be Irish. They are sports for illiterate apes.
    Safe to say they can be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It’s only half time

Exactly, been here before where we've had the beating of Dublin.
    But still think we could and will pull through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

If mayo could keep up that level of chasing everything, they'd deservingly win.

But, i reckon at the 50 min mark, Dublin will drop a gear and sail off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

awec wrote: »
    I think the Dubs look a bit rusty. Gavins selection last week hasn’t paid off.

They haven't had a tough match all year.

Thought McCauley should have gotten a yellow before he actually got it.

If he's left on he won't see the end. He's a header. Big pressure on Dublin now to keep this 5 in a row alive. MDMA especially will lash out if it's going wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement