Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So who is going to beat this team in the next 2 or 3 years?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    A competitive game every now and then would be nice. Them being so overwhelmingly superior to all other teams is somehow not interesting.

I beg to differ. Mayo bossed proceedings in opening half. Then the Dubs sprung to life with some exhilarating attacking football. Disappointed for Mayo, but watching Dublin in full flow is a fearsome spectacle...anything but boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mayo got smashed by Kerry and Dublin this year. In reality they are well below the required level despite the hype they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

RTE are flogging a dead horse here with their Belong and GAA advertising...If the football was in any way enjoyable now, they wouldn't have to come out with these cringey ads...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,608 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

awec wrote: »

Kilkenny have as much chance as any other county tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Happy4all wrote: »
    Amazing how this noisy poster disappeared for the whole second half!

I have posted? Mayo didnt have the like fitness Tyrone does now with Cathal McShane one of the best in the country.

They got beat before the other old team got tired. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Great to see O’Callaghan destroy Keegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

awec wrote: »

No one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Did James Horan bring Tommy Lyons on to make the half time team talk? Jesus!

I think they saw Galways second half performance in Connacht final this year and thought they would replicate it...

People will praise Dublin but Mayo **** the bed in that second half. Horrible wides and short kicks they normally would put over in their sleep with Keegan poorly caught out for the first two goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Football is in some state lads, with such dominance. As plenty of us said during super 8s, but were met with "what about Donegal" "pressure" "not tested" etc etc. Laughable

There is nothing surer they'll be going for a 10 in a row in 5 years

Leinster dominance now well and truly transferred to the all Ireland series over the last 2 years. And like Leinster not a hope of it going away anytime soon

Now for the record, fair fks to them. I absolutely love watching them play. What a team - nothing but respect for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I beg to differ. Mayo bossed proceedings in opening half. Then the Dubs sprung to life with some exhilarating attacking football. Disappointed for Mayo, but watching Dublin in full flow is a fearsome spectacle...anything but boring.

I was engrossed in the first half, 10 minutes into the 2nd half and I was folding laundry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I don't think anyone is denying that Dublin are good. They are pointing out that it is boring.

I'm sure your refusal to read the warnings will be dealt with by the mod, who only posted a reminder just before you.

Time for other teams to up THEIR standard of football and STOP whinging like green eyes monsters.

Dublin showed how to play football today. They never panicked. Total skill and fitness. Nothing more.

Good evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Great to see O’Callaghan destroy Keegan.

Yeah for once........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

But it's not like it comes out of nowhere. Dublin scoring 2-6 in 12 minutes is about the least surprising thing to happen in that game. Predictable to the point of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Dublin handing out 10+ point drubbings game after game is depressingly familiar and boring. Football is knackered.

Wee (Louth) got an awful capitulation by there 2nd string, not even out of 2nd gear with 14 men...shockingly embarrassing the game has gotten :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Jeez joe brolly is just horrendous.

Won’t jet anyone else speak and most of his comments are just arse licking.

He doesn’t, nor can he, analyse the game as a singular match or the sport as a whole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

If you can’t see the footballing quality then you can’t. It whinging is not an answer.

Of course I see it. Dublin are brilliant and were awesome today.

But it’s not enjoyable. Today was a semi final and it was yet another turkey shoot. I don’t enjoy that, I enjoy competitive sport where one team isn’t at a huge, huge advantage over everyone else.

It’s the equivalent to dropping Man City into the league of Ireland and telling people they have to enjoy it because City are playing great football.

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I'm bored can we go back to a competitive championship now ?

Yes, as some other poster said, throw
    Dublin out of champo, they are simply in a different class. It’s simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Brilliantly second half from Dublin. Mayo are a good bit off their level from earlier in the decade but the Dublin performance was impressive nonetheless.

They won’t be stopped now. If Tyrone were going to beat them they’d have done it by now. Kerry could make it interesting but ultimately they don’t have the man markers or defensive system to deal with O’Callaghan and Mannion over the course of a full game.

If it’s another Dublin v Tyrone final I actually may not even bother watching and just catch highlights on TSG. I never ever thought I’d say something like that about our football final.

Of course I see it. Dublin are brilliant and were awesome today.

But it’s not enjoyable. Today was a semi final and it was yet another turkey shoot. I don’t enjoy that, I enjoy competitive sport where one team isn’t at a huge, huge advantage over everyone else.

It’s the equivalent to dropping Man City into the league of Ireland and telling people they have to enjoy it because City are playing great football.

At half time every pundit was saying how Mayo were bossing Dublin, competitive???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Mayo got smashed by Kerry and Dublin this year. In reality they are well below the required level despite the hype they get.

This. Mayo did well to pull a performance out of the bag against Donegal last week . I still think Donegal are a better team this year than Mayo. Mayo put in a good shift in the first half today , but, other than that, they have been underwhelming compared to previous years.

I think both Kerry and Tyrone would have put them away today without too much
    fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,388 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

STB. wrote: »
    I'm sure your refusal to read the warnings will be dealt with by the mod, who only posted a reminder for before you.

Time for other teams to up THEIR standard of football and STOP whinging like green eyes monsters.

Dublin showed how to play football today. They never panicked. Total skill and fitness. Nothing more.

Good evening!

Previous Dublin teams panicked and wilted when teams put in a bit of a comeback against them... now it’s almost they have this ‘ride it out and regroup’ mentality, put in a bit of head down hit em hard defense and go again. They have in addition to ability the mental attributes. Great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Yes, as some other poster said, throw
    Dublin out of champo, they are simply in a different class. It’s simple really.

The gulf in class is getting bigger and bigger,this Dublin team could go on and win another 5 All Ireland’s, the wider issue is what are other teams trying to do and catch up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dublin did well this year vs us in the league THIS year ye! We were down to 14 men for 20nins and knocked you out of potentially winning the league .

Dubs didn't give a shyte about winning the league this year, especially when it was full of rules which didn't carry through to the championship. 2019 was all about the 5 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The gulf in class is getting bigger and bigger,this Dublin team could go on and win another 5 All Ireland’s, the wider issue is what are other teams trying to do and catch up..

Nobody will catch up. They haven't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

If Tyrone were going to beat them they’d have done it by now.

They did. This year to knock them out of winning the league.

This year they have forwards. Cathal McShane probably the best in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A brilliant, brilliant Dublin team. Hats off to Mayo for dying with the boots on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Kerry/Donegal was the All-Ireland Final, was soo lost in this I didn’t even think of the Dublimachine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

keane2097 wrote: »
    A brilliant, brilliant Dublin team. Hats off to Mayo for dying with the boots on.

Did they? They scored 2 points in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

gaffer91 wrote: »
    A bit mad that one team gets home advantage (or de facto home advantage) for the semi- final and final. I know that's the way it's historically been done but it's crazy when you think about it. Especially when that same team has a load of other advantages on every other county.

From 1984 to 2010 it didn't make a whole lot of difference, if I was a player in a county that had a chance of beating Dublin, Croke Park is where I would want to play them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement