Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You know absolutely nothing about what you are stating. Operate as a professional organisation? Well I can tell you 5 members of yesterday's panel will be in a Bank of Ireland branch tomorrow, 4 will be in a car dealership and 2 will be preparing to start back in Uni. Some ****ing professionals. They earn Fack all compared to how they should be. We travel as much as any other county do now, our neutral venue can't be helped as A.I C.Bs voted for neutral to be in Croker.

You dont know what an organisation is - the backroom team was referenced.
    Read it again with someone older

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Missed the first 10 minutes or so. Did Clifford go off injured?

You = rascal

Smiley face!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

All or nothing job?

So you want a loyalty scheme that rewards people for having less loyalty than ST holders?

The ST is pretty basic: Guaranteed tickets for every round of league and championship and if your county get to an AIF and you have 60% attendance then you get an AIF ticket. How much more basic do you want it?

You're the one saying we need a new scheme so can you flesh out what you actually mean? Otherwise as I suspect, you're talking nonsense.

->Set aside a set amount of All-Ireland tickets. We'll say 10,000 just to put a round figure out there

->Track purchases by linking them to a tickets.ie account
    or a Supervalu /Centra account and your GAA membership

->Come All-Ireland time, run the numbers and see how many people attended multiple games. So if say 4,000 people attended six games and 6,000 attended 5 then guarantee a ticket for everyone who attended 5. If it's 6000 with 6 games and 8000 with 5 then guarantee a ticket to everyone who attended six games and have a raffle so everyone who attended 5 has a 50% chance of a ticket.

Something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

spurshero wrote: »
    Under 34 000 in attendance . Bad sign for gaa . People are losing interest fast . I think fans are thinking what’s the point going today when gonna get hammered in final . Gaa wanted a top Dublin Team they got it but it’s killing every other county

This is nonsense.

If fans cannot be bothered to travel to support their county it is because of the quality of THEIR OWN county's team or complacency (sure we'll wait for the final).

Don't be blaming anyone else. Its a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Take Killian Spillane off at HT, put O'Brien in the FF líne but roam out and bring in Dara Moynihan, or Burns but you'll likely get points from Dara

Kerry need more runners. Dave Moran lumbering forward looking for a pass where there's a wall of bodies isn't good enough. Tyrone applying pressure because we're attacking so slowly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Tyrone knocked out Donegal last year in Donegal's own ground. So no it wasn't Croke Park. By the power rankings I think they were 4th maybe with Monaghan second. Who would've been above them last year?

I think you've missed the point completely but sure I wouldn't put it past you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

D'Agger wrote:
    Take Killian Spillane off at HT, put O'Brien in the FF líne but roam out and bring in Dara Moynihan, or Burns but you'll likely get points from Dara

Burns isn't on the 26 today.

Totally outclassed and outcoached

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

As a neutral this is tough to watch Tyrone doing what they do best Kerry seemed to be rattled by them which surprises me surely they knew what was going to face them. The Kerry forwards cant get free from their markers. Those last few minutes must have been hard for Kerry to stomach

I work in said organisation.

Sure then you should know what I am talking about so I shouldnt have the explain the massive backroom staff argument.

Phew, this was easy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Horrendous attendance, atmosphere, intensity and pace to this game.

Men against boys as well when it comes to tactics. Kerry don’t know how to break down the blanket defence, they can’t contest a kickout and are allowing easy kicks into mcshane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Whos the 3rd guy with Spillane and McStay on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ompala wrote: »

Stephen Rochford,former Mayo manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

This turned into a dead rubber at 6 pm yesterday

Probably but the tickets would have been bought before yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think the Tyrone defense deserve a lot of credit in fairness, it’s like a brick wall of white around their 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Ompala wrote: »

Stephen Rochford.

Current donegal selector

Former mayo manager

Former manager of Corofin AI club winning team

Former player on all ireland club winning team with Crosmolina.

He knows his football

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Strumms wrote: »
    I think the Tyrone defense deserve a lot of credit in fairness, it’s like a brick wall of white around their 45.

They do but Kerry are making it so easy for them by not keeping a couple around the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

mfceiling wrote: »
    There's something wrong with the mentality of Tyrone footballers- they seem to have serious anger management issues along with insecurity about their masculinity.

That's absolute bollocks to be honest.
    I don't know bout that.

Strumms wrote: »

Excellent defensive display and tactically very well set up.

The way their defence is set up only serves to compliment what they want to do offensively- which is draw Kerry down the field and then play nice diagonals into McShane.

Harte knows how to win

• Registered Users Posts: 20 HaraldB

Kerry have better players but Tyrone are a tactically superior outfit. Kerry are soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Pretty boring semi final to watch tbh... hopefully the 2nd half livens up a bit. This is why I don’t like watching Tyrone play. They are very good at what they do but it’s horrible to watch. Kerry need pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

grbear wrote: »
    ->Set aside a set amount of All-Ireland tickets. We'll say 10,000 just to put a round figure out there

Season Ticket does this. Not to mention County passes that exist.
    ->Track purchases by linking them to a tickets.ie account
    or a Supervalu /Centra account and your GAA membership

Tickets.ie run the ST system and it's linked to your Tickets.ie account
    ->Come All-Ireland time, run the numbers and see how many people attended multiple games. So if say 4,000 people attended six games and 6,000 attended 5 then guarantee a ticket for everyone who attended 5. If it's 6000 with 6 games and 8000 with 5 then guarantee a ticket to everyone who attended six games and have a raffle so everyone who attended 5 has a 50% chance of a ticket.

Come All-Ireland time, they run the numbers, and anyone who gets
    60% attendance is given the opportunity to purchase an AIF ticket. In addition to this, anyone who goes to 100% of their county's games and their county doesn't get to an AIF get entered into a draw to get AIF tickets

Something like that.

So, the Season Ticket?

---

What exactly is it you don't like about the ST?

So after all this muck, you don't know. Just say so. Youre ok we won't judge you.

Anyway disengaged.

I'm glad you wont judge me.

Disengaged- always funny when you are exposed as making a ludicrous argument

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

HaraldB wrote: »
    Kerry have better players but Tyrone are a tactically superior outfit. Kerry are soft.

Kerry are young and light and a bit naive.

They’re not soft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Not writing Kerry off at this early stage. No way jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

snowgal wrote: »
    Pretty boring semi final to watch tbh... hopefully the 2nd half livens up a bit. This is why I don’t like watching Tyrone play. They are very good at what they do but it’s horrible to watch. Kerry need pace

Is it Tyrone's fault that Kerry are muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Some really stupid points given away by us to keep this close. Indiscipline needs to be stomped out.

Tyrone forced the Kerry lads into bad shots. Im awaiting the 'amount of wides' argument if we win. Look at where they hit them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Stephen Rochford.

Current donegal selector

Former mayo manager

Former manager of Corofin AI club winning team

Former player on all ireland club winning team with Crosmolina.

He knows his football

I like his contributions. Seems like a pretty honest guy yet one who has a finger on the pulse of the current game though his involvement. Beats the hell out of the two rent a dummies beside him. Refreshing.

Never change the trampishness Tyrone, never change

Kerry appear the dirtier of the two teams, will be surprised if they finish with 15. They normally lose there heads by the end of the game when been beat like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭spurshero

Emz93 wrote: »
    Dublin getting the blame even when they're not playing. Tiresome. Up to Kerry and Tyrone fans to show support and travel, embarrassing from both teams.

These 2 played in semi 4 years ago . There was 53000 there but both teams supporters would have believed they could win it outright back then . They don’t today . That’s why there such a small crowd . Take that whatever way you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

33,848 in Croker for this.

Whatever about anything else, the GAA's finances need Dublin at the business end of the Championship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement