Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyway I think the Ulster final could be a good game. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Cavan this year and they seem to play a positive style of football.

Even if Pat has a good point- it’ll always come across poorly as his overexcited, shouty delivery is horrendous
    It wasn't just the shouting it was the throwing the eyes to heaven which made him look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Seadin

C__MC wrote: »
    Cork were never going to win that game. Moral victory but felt like a challenge match. Extremely poor standard by both teams. Half full pitch, no atmosphere. Terrible stuff.

Neither teams will be winning the All Ireland thats for sure.

Seadin wrote: »
    C__MC wrote: »
    Cork were never going to win that game. Moral victory but felt like a challenge match. Extremely poor standard by both teams. Half full pitch, no atmosphere. Terrible stuff.

Neither teams will be winning the All Ireland thats for sure.
    A Dublin in full flight against that Kerry full back line would be a massacre going what I've seen if Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Pat spent some amount of time studying population patterns in ireland, you could see he was really desperate to get some of his figures out there for fear of having wasted hours studying for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Call me Al wrote: »
    Whelan is squirming.
    He can try to counter-argue but the rest of the country's teams can only dream of funds like that.

His list of players with an advanced age profile surely proved the opposite of the point he was making.
    List of 13 players, 4 of them starting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The craic in Clones is mighty!

64947926_2575149102495843_1552095473039310848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlDvERJKTSDXn-nOl7HqJF1gxmab8uWJ_S7nNaUbTJk86Umc2WK9VLmuKNisttmGZA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=6aee0420a7d4aab1e8b887610c956041&oe=5D7BF0F4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

robbiezero wrote: »
    His list of players with an advanced age profile surely proved the opposite of the point he was making.
    List of 13 players, 4 of them starting today.

No, he's taking the lead of the president who is treating us all as if we're idiots. 'The money is all going to the schools, the current Dublin team weren't in school when the financial doping started, therefore nothing to see here.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Cavan have come a long way and are playing much better football, but I think today will be a bridge too far. Donegal are a fine team in good form and very experienced at this stage.

While Cavan have improved a lot, I think it could be a similar situation to Monaghan of 2007-2013 - a team who haven't been to an Ulster final in a long time, but it may take them one or two more final appearances to actually get over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Good to see McGee getting pulled up for his antics nice and early

• Advertisement

Cavan cannot afford to be so wasteful. Freezing up in front of posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

Can see already this is a Donegal win by 8+

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Dessie Dolan would give you hives...such generic co-commentary that adds nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dessie Dolan would give you hives...such generic co-commentary that adds nothing.

BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Typical cluelessness from Marty. Reeling off the late changes before the game and automatically assuming the replacements are playing in the position.

'Leading the Cavan attack' apparently when Brady was lining out full-forward.

BBC2.

Switched over the second I heard his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MattB11

What a miss

That's an awful miss. Badly needed too.

That was the chance right there. And Donegal go straight up the other end and tag on another score.

Can't see Cavan turning this around now, they'll probably need a couple of goals at this stage so needless to say that was a costly miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McStay can't wait to dissect Galligan's restarts at HT.

• Advertisement

McStay can't wait to dissect Galligan's restarts at HT.

Galligan is wrecking any chance they have of getting a foothold

Could have been a red very handily but probably fair enough with the yellow.

Could have been a red very handily but probably fair enough with the yellow.

He had plenty of time to pull out of the challenge...knee was complete filth imo

He had plenty of time to pull out of the challenge...knee was complete filth imo

Yeah very poor imo. Galligan already had the ball in his hands by the time Murphy left the ground.

Yeah watching it back since I'd have to agree now. Very lucky to escape with the yellow, he did go to do him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Cavan seem very nervous (or tired, I'm not sure which)

Donegal well the better team atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Why isn't McStay in the studio at ht?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MattB11

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Why isn't McStay in the studio at ht?

Because he's co commentator for dubs, meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Yeah watching it back since I'd have to agree now. Very lucky to escape with the yellow, he did go to do him.

I don’t think he tried to do him- it was more awkward than anything.
    Still should be a red though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

My God, that Cavan goalkeeper is horrendous. And he's the captain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement