Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

seligehgit wrote: »
    He's from Meath.
    Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

RMAOK wrote: »
    These interviews have become utterly pointless - a complete rehashing of the same few lines every single time.

Isn't that the same with every sport???
    Interviews with current players is pointless, they can't say anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

It doesn't help that - outside of Dublin - we are possibly in the worst era of football since the late 90s

Donegal could maybe keep them honest enough and lose gallantly by 7 or 8, but no-one else has a prayer of laying a glove on them. It was embarrassing how easy Kerry were opened up all game last night, and Tyrone are in another back door campaign, and were well beaten the last two years by them anyway.

Fair play to anyone who paid money to watch that.

Saw a lad selling two tickets for 70 quid today....

Who would pay 35 quid for a ticket for that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

STB. wrote: »
    You keep on whining, we'll keep on winning. :)

Following a game like that, the gracefulness of your post is clear for all to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

70 minutes of my life that I won't get back. Dreadful stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mea culpa I always thought he was from Meath,Beaumount Dublin.

That aside I don't see any discernable bias in his commentary.

He's fairly level headed. Influenced by being a northsider and that his father was an Offaly man.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Following a game like that, the gracefulness of your post is clear for all to see.

Always with a smile Shamo.

Saw a lad selling two tickets for 70 quid today....

Who would pay 35 quid for a ticket for that?

Someone with more money than sense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Surprising result, I was almost certain it was Meaths year.

Spillane must be told to tow the line and not get stuck in too much, very complimentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

lawred2 wrote: »
    Imagine if they split Kerry into North and South in the seventies!?

Kerry has a population 10 times smaller, they are a football mad county who use their resources well. No problem with that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Problem is that's what's going to happen when you allocate funding on population numbers. The alternative is to reduce funding to Dublin, close clubs and inflate the money being given to clubs outside of Dublin.

No. The money should go to clubs and counties that actually need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Kerry has a population 10 times smaller, they are a football mad county who use their resources well. No problem with that

Dublin are using their resources very well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That wasn't my point. These periods of domination do come to an end.

Club structures and the organisational levels are incredible in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

Mannion got MOTM? WTF! He was crap. McCaffrey best player by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Everyone knows it’s a farce

Should be a full boycott until issues are resolved.

Boycott away. Start with this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Fantastic to win 9 Delaney Cups in a row and in doing so humiliate Meath again. The pints will be flowing tonight. The drive for 5 continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭SophieLockhart

I used to back the idea that the Dubs should be split up, until they came up with a clever counter-argument... namely that the other counties should unite. Hard to argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Spillane can't stop with his stats :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Smug head on Gavin

As a man said once “throw your medals in the bin, you got them by cheating”.

Shameful scenes.

True GAA supporters should avoid attending matches until this is resolved

Bitter much. Where would you be from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sit back and bask in the usual bitterness, fellow dubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boycott away. Start with this forum.

Ppl know well it’s the truth

Yes it’s taboo to go against the “party line” but Often chatted away to dubs fans after a few gargles they hesitate and admit they are embarrassed at the inherent unfairness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

The Leinster SFC - a complete and utter farce.

I heard Spillane saying "They won in second gear". Just repeat that back. One team won the final by 16 points and they were playing in "second gear". Something needs to be done to bring some competition back in to the thing.

I used to back the idea that the Dubs should be split up, until they came up with a clever counter-argument... namely that the other counties should unite. Hard to argue with that.

Dublin has a bigger population than all of munster, if Munster United they'd still probably be beaten by Dublin.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Certainly not in leinster.
    Donegal are well capable of giving them a game.

Donegal are certainly the best of the chasing pack this year and they are a quality side, and they may give Dublin a good game for the most part. But I can't see them actually being able to stick with Dublin for the full game and actually getting the win. And as for the chasing pack, it's pretty slim pickings this year. This could be an easier all Ireland for Dublin than last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

There will always be an asterix beside this Dublin teams achievements. I don't know if you can call it cheating but it's certainly not fair.

A county with a massive population advantage and a massive financial advantage playing 99% of games in their own back yard. Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Joanne cantwell trying valiantly to put the jitters among the dubs fans when she was on about McCarthy's injury. Grasping at straws tbh. I suppose we have to think of the ratings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

dobman88 wrote: »
    Sound like Meath fans booing at the end? Cant blame em. That was an absolute shambles from Meath. Great to see Dean Rock back. Some player.
    I'd seriously doubt that, most of them were on the train out with myself after 50 minutes. I seriously regret giving the gaa any of my cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Bitter much. Where would you be from?

I was curious myself. So I checked. When I got through the 200 posts complaining about Dublin I found the answer.

Carlow. Famous for winning a Leinster title back in 1944. Beat the Dubs.

• Advertisement

Don’t ever recall this level of bitterness when Kerry were strolling all Ireland’s or Kilkenny in the hurling.

Great teams often dominate in sports. The dominance always ends.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement