Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

Don’t ever recall this level of bitterness when Kerry were strolling all Ireland’s or Kilkenny in the hurling.

Great teams often dominate in sports. The dominance always ends.

Kerry and Kilkenny won them fairly, though. This is not fair. This is a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Don’t ever recall this level of bitterness when Kerry were strolling all Ireland’s or Kilkenny in the hurling.

Do you honestly seeing anyone beat them? Who? Donegal won’t cut it either, before you say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

There will always be an asterix beside this Dublin teams achievements. I don't know if you can call it cheating but it's certainly not fair.

A county with a massive population advantage and a massive financial advantage playing 99% of games in their own back yard. Farcical.

Welcome to boards Ewan. You could have stayed as Tommy Keegan😉

Can't think of any sports where the gap is this big.

We're in an unusual place where we go into a provincial final with a 100% certainty who will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

dobman88 wrote: »
    Sound like Meath fans booing at the end? Cant blame em. That was an absolute shambles from Meath. Great to see Dean Rock back. Some player.
    I'd seriously doubt that, most of them were on the train out with myself after 50 minutes. I seriously regret giving the gaa any of my cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Because this isn’t the same thing.
    Kerry didn’t play their home games in a ‘neutral’ stadium
    Neither find Kilkenny.

Neither had more money than the rest of the counties being pumped into them

Galway were moved for hurling, why can’t the same be done for dublin.

Change the funding structure, it’s created a huge imbalance.

Use their home stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,601 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

STB. wrote: »
    I was curious myself. So I checked. When I got through the 200 posts complaining about Dublin I found the answer.

Carlow. Famous for winning a Leinster title back in 1944. Beat the Dubs.

Actually Wicklow. Regardless anyway. Complete effort at deflection as per usual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Looks like Whelan is coming to the end of his tether with the blithering eejit beside him who didn't even know how many teams were left in the championship.

Oh. But you have a soft spot for Carlow according to your Ceatharlach abú posts.

Wicklow eh. One of only two couinties in the whole of Ireland to have never won a Provincial Championship. Even Carlow have done that. No wonder you are annoyed.

I'll let you back to the sheep so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Stop talking Spillane - GoldenEye will be on soon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

RMAOK wrote: »
    These interviews have become utterly pointless - a complete rehashing of the same few lines every single time.

Kinda like football as a whole unfortunately. Thank god theres hurling or summer be awful borin

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Kinda like football as a whole unfortunately.

That’s it. Been absolutely ruined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

No wonder you hate football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

As I said earlier, this thread is the issue personified. The disconnect is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Problem is that's what's going to happen when you allocate funding on population numbers. The alternative is to reduce funding to Dublin, close clubs and inflate the money being given to clubs outside of Dublin.

Central sponsorship deals could level the playing field money wise.

If anyone is interested I have posted my suggested solution on the gaa changes thread.

The Main issue is hugely unfair levels of money thrown at Dublin and of course their inherent population advantage.

Trial basis-split them into 2 or 4. Also investigate any back handers etc.

The main thing though is to ensure no extra funding for Dublin. More details on other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    As I said earlier, this thread is the issue personified. The disconnect is incredible.

Sure why would any Dub want it changed when they are waltzing it year after year. Altho why they bother buying tickets for non contests is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I used to back the idea that the Dubs should be split up, until they came up with a clever counter-argument... namely that the other counties should unite. Hard to argue with that.

Dublin has a bigger population than all of munster, if Munster United they'd still probably be beaten by Dublin.

Would you split the hurling and the ladies as well? The handball?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why do RTE panel keep talking about Donegal’s 4-point win? They won by 5.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Sure why would any Dub want it changed when they are waltzing it year after year. Altho why they bother buying tickets for non contests is anyones guess.

Even they realise it is beyond a joke

There’s no “glory” in winning through financial doping that every other team doesn’t get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think a problem in Leinster is that it isn't that hard to make the Inter County GAA squads outside of Dublin.

Less people play the sport imo & the dedication needed means that there isn't that much of a selection to pick from.
    Gaelic Football is dying anyway awful sport now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can't think of any sports where the gap is this big.

We're in an unusual place where we go into a provincial final with a 100% certainty who will win.
    Like last night's game?

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Do you honestly seeing anyone beat them? Who? Donegal won’t cut it either, before you say it.

Kerry beat a strong Dublin side earlier this year. Mayo have been very unfortunate against us on several occasions. Donegal are always a threat.

Dublin will probably win this year. The point is though, we won’t win forever.

Cluxton will be a HUGE loss when he retires. Jim Gavin whenever he steps away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

This thread is a car crash. And the same poster constantly derailing it.

We get it.

The invasion to the Dublin thread later will be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,392 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

caff wrote: »
    Central sponsorship deals could level the playing field money wise.

I doubt if it would be legal, they can’t prevent whatever county from receiving XXXXXX euros from a company that wants to give it directly to them. If Dublin were to be forced to handover 30% revenue from AIG, then Galway should have to hand over 30% from Supermacs. You want a level playing field, that’s how it works.

We get it.

Bonnie

Respectfully I would say

Get this into your head

It ain’t just me who sees this problem

The entire country sees it. Even Dublin ppl but they won’t admit it as it’s taboo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

We get it.

He posts in his own thread and then comes back to this one to basically repeat the ****e over and over again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Dublin will probably get bored themelves...they look quite bored already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

Dublin will win as many of the coming all Irelands as they want. The quality of challenge from other counties is actually dropping as the realisation that winning an all Ireland against this team is unlikely. All the main challengers are miles away from Dublin yet playing amongst themselves the games are normally very tight and unpredictable.

In 2yrs time no one will be watching and players will no longer dedicate their time to a fruitless exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,392 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Incidentally getting back to the football, I thought O’Sullivan would be hard pressed to not get man of the match today. He was literally everywhere and in a super effective way too, linking defense and attack super efficiently and effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This was always going to happen, the same will happen in hurling, Dublin will eventually win one and when they do they'll dominate, maybe not to the same extent but I could see them winning 7/10

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement